28 coaches online • Server time: 08:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
retire or skill up?
re-pie-re
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
skill (see post)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
retire
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
pie
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
guard
48%
 48%  [ 20 ]
frenzy
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
pro
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
fend
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

the.tok

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard
You don't have easy access to it, and on an ST5 he'll find himself in a brawl the moment your opponent will try to take him down (since he'll need several assists) so you're likely to start some turns in several tackle zones. You will use it even without exposing him.

That said, at your TV, sure hands could make a lot of wood elves sad Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

that ghost is literally screaming GUAAAAAAAARD

Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say you can get guard on the other wight and the 2 mummies and that'll be more than enough for the vast majority of games. Juggernaut, OTOH, gives you another string to your bow.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
I would say you can get guard on the other wight and the 2 mummies and that'll be more than enough for the vast majority of games. Juggernaut, OTOH, gives you another string to your bow.

~ReTweet~

MT: "Juggernaut, OTOH (On The Other Hand), gives you another string to your bow." ~~Wise Words: Chainsaw
buuface

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy for making him smash and tackle stuff more reliably
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard. If you are worried about his survivability still use hin judiciously. Having guard doesnt have to mean LOS duty. He is someone you will send in near the ball when their is a chance of a turn over and guard will be priceless. If you insist on not having guard then standfirm or surehands.

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

~ReTweet~

MT: "Juggernaut, OTOH (On The Other Hand), gives you another string to your bow." ~~Wise Words: Chainsaw

Hahaha, that was a joke right, you guys are trolling him right. I really hope you weren't serious.

The answer is guard, undead never have enough at high tv, having a 3rd st5 guard, especially a mobile guard, is huge

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

fly wrote:
Tenderloin, a relative of Landlady reached legend status.
I'm still pondering which skill to take. He is only BC when it's needed, else he is bashing away. I also will get another or more ghoul to handle the ball. So, sure hands isn't an option. In my blog (lost to bad votes) i've already received good input, suggestions were guard and frenzy. I don't want to stick him to opponents unless needed, so basically guard is out, too. Piling On, not him. Pro sounds very reasonable, and as he plays in blackbox, fend seems an option, too. What about a thick skull? Could be a cool choice, but as of yet rarely needed.
I'm interested in the rationale behind your suggestion.
Thanks in advance, and cu in the box!

A 6-5-4-8-block-tackle do need GUARD!
There is no contest here!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw is serious about jugger.

For me, it's frenzy all the way. This guy can easily disconnect and solo surf ST4AV9 guys, which you have no claw to deal with (though you can gangfoul them of course).

Against good opponents, you will restrain all their plays greatly without ever risking your player. Against bad opponents, you will surf multiple players per game.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not kidding about agreeing with C'saw. How is the rest of the team going to use Guard on him, exactly? For the time, he IS the team.

I'd toss it back at all of you, who are voting for guard, to be trolling..

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Juggs sucks. Frenzy is ok. Guard(or retirement) is the obvious choice.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, take Guard..

You can always try to build another Stat freak Legend when he dies doing 'support' for your other players.

Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Because Juggs sucks. Frenzy is ok. Guard(or retirement) is the obvious choice.

Juggernaut does not suck. It is an underrated skill. Sometimes the ability to follow up can be game deciding (hitting a fending ball carrier, for example, or requiring a push to get through a screen and hitting bothdown).

This is a player who will be frequently used to blitz with, ball in hand or not. Hitting the ball carrier, or breaking through the defense, juggernaut does away with wrestle and fend and derisks both down.

I've never regretted taking it as a skill, it has always been useful.

I would have taken juggernaut on Landlady had I not rolled a double for the legend skill roll (took dodge).

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

He has a T-Pomber who can take Juggs. Guard is a factor very turn of every match. Juggs simetimes is.
Juggs may indeed be underrated by most and me in particular but comparing it to one of the three best skills in the game is silly.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if he is the main BC and lime lights as the bash guy.

Take Break Tackle: It increases his AG to 5 on that first dodge out. Now before you start screaming he has AG4 already hear me out.

That AG4 couples great with Break Tackle because that very first dodge out now you might not have to use Break Tackle on the first one and save the Break Tackle AG5 for the more difficult second dodge.

It makes him a back field ball stripper, he can now work his way out of tight spots when he is carrying the ball.