45 coaches online • Server time: 11:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

All tabletop pros play with the "if it topples it's dead"-rule

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Keyboard controls aren't a bug, they're a helpful feature - and clearly explained in: https://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp

Failing to switch focus to the chat box when you have activated a player may or may not be a bug. That's not the same scenario as the 'normal' Linux chat issue. Does it work that way on Windows? I expect activating a player, regardless of the action, is the cause of what you experienced.

And re the wight surf, linking that death to the above is a leap of logic too far any sane person, No matter how frustrating it was for you (i can imagine). I think it took 2-3 turns for that to play out and plenty of agency from you.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

yup you are right King Ghidra. he activated a player didnt click in the chat box then started smashing keys with his club fist. damn that client Razz Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In tabletop, you can't misclick either.

Regardless of whether the interface mishap and the RIP were directly or indirectly linked, I can understand lashing out when you lose a majors game and a +ST+ST+AG legend positional. =)

Sorry for your loss, bud.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Whether it's movement keys or something else, the ability to turn this "helpful feature" OFF would be nice. Gets back to the pop-up "feature" that's been discussed elsewhere (and amply).

Next update, if we can turn ALL key-commands OFF, that really would be nice. SO nice.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I will raise it once the testing starts up again. Not sure when that will be though and it will probably be low priority anyway as there are many more important things.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
I can describe how to reproduce this bug, now I have calmed down a bit.

Basically, I use Linux

FTFY
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Whether it's movement keys or something else, the ability to turn this "helpful feature" OFF would be nice. Gets back to the pop-up "feature" that's been discussed elsewhere (and amply).

^ The real fix for this "bug".

I recognise this is a total corner case (hence Garion's comment on priority) only affecting guys with the bottom of the client cut off. There's obviously something about the way the client is constructed in Swing that causes this to occur, because it is the only Java application I have encountered this on (caveat: not tested that many).

King_Ghidra wrote:
And re the wight surf, linking that death to the above is a leap of logic too far any sane person, No matter how frustrating it was for you (i can imagine). I think it took 2-3 turns for that to play out and plenty of agency from you.

The desperation of the situation that lead to the surf was a direct consequence of the keyboard issue. I don't think I'm insane to link the two at all.

the_Sage wrote:
Sorry for your loss, bud.

I haven't lost anything worth consoling me over. Pixels aren't people. I would like the player back but I ain't getting it, so whatever.

I have, however, had a chance to compete in a Major tournament game snatched away from me. On top of that, I feel like a tremendous amount of play time on the site has been wasted due to the dead player. Again, nothing I can do about it. I'm not paying for this service, I'm grateful for FUMBBL and Christer's efforts and everybody else who contributes to the site. Whatever anger I had was more at my own choice of the amount of my time spent on a fantasy game than anything else.

Jump to: