46 coaches online • Server time: 19:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys,

We're running a blood bowl tabletop league and therefor have a website with a forum.

I'd like to use some of the player icons for the member ranks. For example the rank "Snotling" with one of the little snots besides, for new users.

Is it ok, if I use those icons? Should I give credit somewhere on our site?

Kind regards

Wizard
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe PM Christer directly on this matter... Or file a ticket, maybe admins can answer your question, too.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The icons are property of each artist who created them, but with so much cross pollination of work (borrowing elements, co-work, etc.) it is impossible to define who "owns" most of them. Christer/FUMBBL has express permission to use them in any way he sees fit.

For something like this, where you are asking permission, and there is no profit to be derived from their usage, the answer is usually go ahead and use them. Crediting FUMBBL (community) would be good. I will let Christer and the other icon makers weigh in as well, but it should not be an issue in this case. Nice to see people ask permission.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, go ahead. The original icon makers are long gone, and their stuff appears everywhere. You can download their icons in the original client, and there's no copyright stipulations. The current icon makers would most likely be happy you want to use them. (Portraits are another issue though).

You have to also remember the stuff was created to be used. This is what you are doing. The more they're used (in a community sense) the better it is (in my opinion anyway).
babass

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

You have to also remember the stuff was created to be used. This is what you are doing. The more they're used (in a community sense) the better it is (in my opinion anyway).

To be used, but not to make profit/b€n€fit$ with them Smile

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24385
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The key phrase was "in a community sense".
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys for your replies.

The site is 100 % non profit. You can check it out if you want, at www.nafl.de.

Though I guess most of you will understand little, as it's a german forum. Wink
 Jump to: