66 coaches online • Server time: 18:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblnars: 0-16 5/2/3/5 Right stuff, stunty, dodge A/GSP 30K

Half Ogre Linemen: 0-2 5/4/2/8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, S/GAP 70K

Half Ogre catcher: 0-2 7/4/2/7 Bonehead, Thick Skull, Catch, Break Tackle SA/GP 90K

Half Ogre Throwers: 0-2 5/4/2/8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, Big Hand, Strong Arm, Throw Teammate SP/GA 90K

Half Ogre Blitzer: 0-2 6/4/2/8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, Juggernaut GS/AP 100K

Apoth: Yes

Rerolls: 70K

Rational: This is basically a combination of an Ogre and Human team. I haven't found any references to half Ogres anywhere, but orcs and humans somehow managed, so it isn't that far out of the realms of possibility. Sprint is there to give each player a middle ground in movement between Ogres and their human counter parts (I made an exception for the catchers, since with sure feet they would be able to move 10 spaces a turn, with a strength four player would be a massive headache to deal with). While eight strength four players is a big line of muscle, they all still have Bonehead, there armor isn't all that impressive, and the Gnoblars are only slightly better than snotlings. Also, this team has no Big Guy and only two players with general access.

I also opted to give them "Ogrish" versions of the normal skills (Jugernaut instead of block, strong arm instead of pass, break tackle instead of dodge) to make the roster a bit more unique.

Last edited by notbobby125 on %b %14, %2014 - %08:%Oct; edited 4 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an interesting concept. I seem to remember something about 'having ogre blood in him'. I can't remember where though...

I dislike the bolted on 'sprint'. I think it's unnecessary. As you've basically invented the race, you can pretty much decide where their speed is.

The half ogre thrower is too good I think.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
It's an interesting concept. I seem to remember something about 'having ogre blood in him'. I can't remember where though...

I dislike the bolted on 'sprint'. I think it's unnecessary. As you've basically invented the race, you can pretty much decide where their speed is.

The half ogre thrower is too good I think.

I dropped sprint and changed "Sure Hands" with "Big Hand" on the thrower.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Zug is a half ogre iirc. Sure I read that somewhere?

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I like them better w/o Sprint, which, agreed, made no sense.

And BH > SH, yep.

> Half Ogre Blitzer: 0-2 6/4/2/8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, Juggernaut 110K

I think you could make this guy 10k cheaper - several positionals are "bargains" compared to their linemen, esp if they are limited in number.(And I'm assuming he's GS access on normals?)

And/or, you could make him AV 9 for another 20-30k. HOgres should be tougher than humanz, and having 2 positionals that you can count on makes sense, esp in this role.

Likewise, bump the HOgre Catcher to AV 8 (and a little costlier). "As fragile as a DElf" is gonna be an insult on this team. Wink

Also, I think(?) w/ Bonehead on all of them, you could lower some of the prices by just a bit (except the stunties, which seem low imo). Seems a bit high overall, esp for a starting roster.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Zug is a half ogre iirc. Sure I read that somewhere?

I have found one reference to a "Reaper Half Ogre Mercenary," but I can't find any information about it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Where was that?

1st ed would probably be a good place to look for half ogres. They have half pygmies, half orcs in there for sure.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
I like them better w/o Sprint, which, agreed, made no sense.

And BH > SH, yep.

> Half Ogre Blitzer: 0-2 6/4/2/8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, Juggernaut 110K

I think you could make this guy 10k cheaper - several positionals are "bargains" compared to their linemen, esp if they are limited in number.(And I'm assuming he's GS access on normals?)

And/or, you could make him AV 9 for another 20-30k. HOgres should be tougher than humanz, and having 2 positionals that you can count on makes sense, esp in this role.

Likewise, bump the HOgre Catcher to AV 8 (and a little costlier). "As fragile as a DElf" is gonna be an insult on this team. Wink

Also, I think(?) w/ Bonehead on all of them, you could lower some of the prices by just a bit (except the stunties, which seem low imo). Seems a bit high overall, esp for a starting roster.

I did bump down the price on the Blitzers, and put in the GS access on the Blitzers (I meant to have that since the beginning, but forgot), but I didn't up their armor value. I don't want this team to rely on winning a war of attrition, and Thick Skull does give them a bit more effective durability over DElves.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Where was that?

1st ed would probably be a good place to look for half ogres. They have half pygmies, half orcs in there for sure.

Actually it's what came up when I typed in "Warhammer Half Ogre," and that was a model listed on Ebay. Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah right, probably a 3rd ed warhammer model then. Ogres were mercs in warhammer back then.

Edit: had a look and couldn't see any half ogres in wfb back then in either of the books. My guess is it's a reaper miniature as in the make 'reaper'

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2014 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Ah right, probably a 3rd ed warhammer model then. Ogres were mercs in warhammer back then.

Edit: had a look and couldn't see any half ogres in wfb back then in either of the books. My guess is it's a reaper miniature as in the make 'reaper'

Oh, oh well I guess. Still, it's a fun excersize in game balance. Razz
 Jump to: