28 coaches online • Server time: 03:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karnov

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:

Obsfucation Alert!

Sound the sirens!!! You weren't so gentle with us. Poor little lambs of Malalocide.

lol - that game was an anomaly - it was apparent that Nuffle simply wanted to remind Malal who's the supreme deity around these parts...

Regardless, the lambs of Malal have bolted out of the gates this season Very Happy
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mission Accomplished. Don't go winless.

Same as every other season.

I have no comment to make regarding supreme deities *ducks*.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I need a new rival

Proud Member of the SWL
Dlock

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll put my money for Woodistan to take the crown.He'll need some luck (who doesnt?) with injuries, but has managed that now for 3 seasons...

For me, last season (despite what results look like) was by far my best. Only one game I was totally outplayed (bloody stupid Dark elves, with ridicilous stat raises, should be banned, I tell you!), and I was very close to take my first ever win against dwarfes.

Ok, well, good luck to all, but not when playing against me!

- D
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I also like Woodistan. I think the match ups favour him, rock sides in the past have fared badly.

I like my draw in the "Black [s]swans[/s] box conference", I don't have to worry about true bash for a few games. Who am I kidding, I need some MB. Also I am pretty proud of myself for the renaming the conference. Classic comedy.

edit: huh? no strikethrough?

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Lizards matches are really different for Woodies compared to the Dwarf, Orc and Chaos/Nurgle matchups, Woodistan is going to need a few additional skills in my view to make it work, but he's got time to do that and I consider Dazed to be a better player on average than all the others in Prem at the moment with the possible exception of Rabid. Big call I know. So that should carry him through a few of the matchups where he's a little rough.
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
I consider Dazed to be a better player on average than all the others in Prem at the moment with the possible exception of Rabid. Big call I know. So that should carry him through a few of the matchups where he's a little rough.

No pressure, right?

In NAF play i think I'm 1-1 against Rabid, 1-1 against Tribal and 0-1 against TyraNid. So not great...

The draw hasn't done me many favours. I was hoping for those undermanned Lizards early but instead I have Orcs then Dwarves then Undead.
eganra

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

my whole conf is ugly

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah mate, you got the worst draw of the season

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Right Wink

Fair enough... I haven't really seen many games from Tribal so I wouldn't know. You're better than Tyra.

I think you're going to struggle against the lizards more than the orcs, dwarves and undead until you get some strip and some more tackle. At least against the slower teams you can score fast and often and get away with 3-2 and 2-1 wins whilst running away and trying not to die. Won't work so well against the Lizards.

I imagine in such a bashy division the Lizards will stay about as undermanned as they are now for the whole season, but you'll get a few more games to get those anti-lizard skills up.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabid is good against Elves. He was a bogey for the Darkstars.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodies soft opponents? They are one of the more dirtier buggers out there.
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
I think you're going to struggle against the lizards more than the orcs, dwarves and undead until you get some strip and some more tackle. At least against the slower teams you can score fast and often and get away with 3-2 and 2-1 wins whilst running away and trying not to die. Won't work so well against the Lizards.

I imagine in such a bashy division the Lizards will stay about as undermanned as they are now for the whole season, but you'll get a few more games to get those anti-lizard skills up.

Rabid has won Eucbowl and Tribal has won Cancon so I can't compare myself to them yet. My best result is 3rd at Eucbowl.

Interesting take on the Lizards match up. Not having played it myself yet but I would have thought that Woodies match up pretty well against the Lizards. None of them have more than 2 tackle, no St3 ball carriers to defend against a Leaping WD and even without tackle or frenzy (which both WDers have) the odds of knocking the ball carrier over are pretty good.

The proof will be in the games I guess. My worry is my potential lack of team by the time I get to them in R4 onwards.
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Rabid is good against Elves. He was a bogey for the Darkstars.

That is because he is great with them.
Dlock

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Dazed. Lizards are not problem- skinks are soft targets, and because of elven mobility you can (almost) always get hit on them and since they are only ball carriers there...

Key is as mentioned to stay healthy, which he has proven to be very good at.

- D
 Jump to: