37 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JMkiller

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Any good channel with fumbbl videos? Smile i found only one so far and its pretty good for newbie coaches like me.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

All my attempts to create videos would spawn several gigabyte large files.

People told me it should be that way precompression. And I'd be fine with this but there is a limit to how large a file can be before it isn't saved. Sad

If I ever figure out how to do this, I'll put some games up.
JMkiller

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There is lot of people here who are good with computers so maybe someone knows how to make smaller files. Maybe smaller resolution? I dont know tho Sad

Last edited by JMkiller on Oct 21, 2014 - 18:27; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

When you save it as a video file (of your choosing) that is not your video editing file format then it should automatically compress it.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There's that guy: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Ehlers.

But then he left fumbbl not long ago.

His videos are still up on his channel, fun to watch: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2aOW3Npi8u8QwbNCqZcS6w

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

People told me it should be that way precompression. And I'd be fine with this but there is a limit to how large a file can be before it isn't saved. Sad

What program were you using to screencap? Fraps?
JMkiller

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Zed wrote:
There's that guy: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Ehlers.

But then he left fumbbl not long ago.

His videos are still up on his channel, fun to watch: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2aOW3Npi8u8QwbNCqZcS6w

Yes, i liked his series with chaos dwarfs Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

What program were you using to screencap? Fraps?

Ah lol, I have been trying to check. But honestly, I don't remember.

It was a simple program, something I downloaded.

There was a special codec offered that was wasn't delivered with the program. oO... it was all very complicated and took a lot of time...

I downloaded it too, but the files were still really large and the quality did not seem all that good.

In the end I created one or two semi decent files, but they were even too large to run them through a compressor program.

I guess I just didn't want to spend more time on this. For some reason I guess I thought this shouldn't be that hard. Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 18:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be happy to see people do videos. It's really neat to see other people's perspective, and listen in on reasoning behind actions. Great fun.

However, video production is quite complicated. I've personally spent a lot of time on sound alone (yeah, there's a huge amount of stuff to deal with on that end alone)..

On the video side, I've used a couple of different tools and did pick up a commercial screen capture app at some point (Screenflick, OS X only). I've also done a few tests with live streaming but that's even more complicated..

Let's hope someone picks up this torch and does some videos. It's genuinely interesting to watch Smile
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt, if you would point me to a semi decent free program and give me maybe some starter points that would help me to figure out what settings to use for a FFB quality game I'd be willing to invest another day or two into figuring the rest out..
Qaz

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2aOW3Npi8u8QwbNCqZcS6w
EhlersPortal
Ehlers might not play here or makey new vidioes any more but here are the ones he did make.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Camtasia studio is a good one for professional computer video recording, including sound. I've used it at work. But it is 300 dollars.
I think with their cheaper software SnagIt you can do videos too, but probably not much edit options. There is a 15 day free trial offered with full price of $50.
Sorry that isn't a good answer for free options.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
mrt, if you would point me to a semi decent free program and give me maybe some starter points that would help me to figure out what settings to use for a FFB quality game I'd be willing to invest another day or two into figuring the rest out..

Back when I played TF2 everyone used fraps until replays got built into the system

www.fraps.com

Quote:
Fraps can capture audio and video up to 7680x4800 with custom frame rates from 1 to 120 frames per second!

Makes me think you can ratchet that down so the raw capture is inherently small.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Camtasia studio is a good one for professional computer video recording, including sound. I've used it at work. But it is 300 dollars.
I think with their cheaper software SnagIt you can do videos too, but probably not much edit options. There is a 15 day free trial offered with full price of $50.
Sorry that isn't a good answer for free options.

I use snagit all the time at work for creating tutorials for coworkers on how to use our systems. Great program for that but the video capture might be a bit much for it.

I would love to make some videos - i have a headset with mic in it. I'll have to wait until my wife is out of the house having fun because whenever I'm on the cans she always thinks I'm talking to her...quite distracting.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I'd be happy to see people do videos. It's really neat to see other people's perspective, and listen in on reasoning behind actions. Great fun.

However, video production is quite complicated. I've personally spent a lot of time on sound alone (yeah, there's a huge amount of stuff to deal with on that end alone)..

On the video side, I've used a couple of different tools and did pick up a commercial screen capture app at some point (Screenflick, OS X only). I've also done a few tests with live streaming but that's even more complicated..

Let's hope someone picks up this torch and does some videos. It's genuinely interesting to watch Smile

Back when I played in a league on Cyanide, someone used ustream to broadcast their games before they added in live spectating. It was alright. I'd probably get into streaming too if it held up the fidelity.
 Jump to: