25 coaches online • Server time: 04:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If the coach w/ the higher TV drops some cash and hires a Star Player, he must do so "before the underdog purchases any of Inducements." (P 28, col ii)

The rules state that "It is possible (though unlikely) for both teams to hire the same star player. If this happens then neither team may use him...". (p 69, col ii)

My question is: does the lower-TV coach know which inducements the higher-TV coach selected before they choose theirs, or are they secret until both have selected?

That is, is hiring the same Star "unlikely" due to chance, or due to the underdog doing so on purpose (or by accident after not bothering to look)?

Put another way - if the higher TV coach expects a specific player to be hired and they would like to see the underdog waste their money, can they surprise their opponent w/ that hire, or does the underdog see it coming (if they bother to look)?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
sonrises

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

They are secret until both have selected. If it happens that both choose the same Star Player, the star player will not appear in their rosters.

It is very unlikely to happen except morg.

Try this league and get to know Star Players better! Wink

All Stars

Last edited by sonrises on %b %23, %2014 - %21:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Hypothetically you can do whatever. I think the higher TV team has to set their roster first. This is a fumbbl rule not a BB rule. At the end of you last match you must set your roster, not really knowing what your next opponent has for his roster vs you. Then it's all hypothetical in my understanding.

Jeffro
 Jump to: