19 coaches online • Server time: 04:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What normal skill does your Mummy take after Guard?
Stand Firm
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Break Tackle
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Grab
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Piling On
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Multiple Block
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
My Mummy used to make me some pie
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 30

Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya, I'm sure this has been discussed before but the search function isn't turning out anything, as usual. And anyway, I'm probably not the only person sitting in the office on a Friday looking for a way to procrastinate! So let's hear it for Mummy development.

Guard is of course the no brainer. And you want Block as soon as possible. Some coaches even retire their Mummies if they don't roll doubles. But I would like to hear about your skill progression. I've included a poll because people love polls, but it's kind of limited so please do post to the thread, too!

A few thoughts on the available skills that remotely make sense.

Stand Firm - Improves road block quality. Makes -2d Blocks pointless. Very annoying to your opponent, very good synergy with ST5. Half as good without Block though.

Break Tackle - Opponents can't take you out of the game just by marking you. Poses a threat to dodge into Tackle zones and thus forces your opponent to cover. Not ideal with MA3 though.

Grab - Some nice options when blocking, especially for setting up fouls. Might even occasionally be able to surf a Side Stepper, though MA3 again limits the potential.

Piling On - When in doubt, pile awn. Hurt the other side moar, skill your Mummy faster. Downside: A prone Mummy isn't a road block. And next turn you get up and your MA is already gone.

Multiple Block - Seen some coaches take it, though mostly after Block, have no experience with it myself.
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had similar questions in my mind,when I developed my Tomb Guardians in my Khemri Team (i needed to pick mb as first skill as guardians don't have it). I wanted them as road blocks and I always picked Stand Firm first. It's so nice not to be pushed away.

For Maximum Damage you should perhaps take Piling On, but i always wanted my guys to be standing. Multiple Block isn't that great, you rarely get two 3-dice blocks and your not allowed to follow up. Break Tackle is great too, you can decide whom to block and aren't easily tied up. Grab is fantastic at the sidelines, a simple push can get your opponent near the sideline, a nice option to surf sidesteppers.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mummys for me are about control. When they are in the right position you can dictate the play, both offence and defence. So two most important skills to get are Stand Firm, for reasons stated, and break tackle, to occasionally get where needed.

So my vote, SF followed by BT.
Block on doubles, MA on 10's (even double 5's) and obvs ignore +ag and take +st. Second doubles, if no SF take SS. If SF take Tackle.

Edit: I would seriously consider Sure Feet on second doubles. Mummys only weakness is their slowness. If you counteract that, it's like taking away a negatrait.

Last edited by PaddyMick on %b %31, %2014 - %12:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Endzone

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I choose Stand Firm - I think this skill complements Guard and ST5, whereas piling on and break tackle don't go well with MA3. Grab is interesting and multiple block sounds good but I have a feeling it maybe more flashy then genuinely useful - I'd be more interested in it if I already had block.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard - SF - Grab - Retire if no doubles.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I took Multiple Block on a Treeman as first skill and its been both a miss and a hit in some games.

He got block on his second skill so that was nice, but it basically helps to open up quite a path when things get tangled.

The bad thing is that you can't follow up...

That being said, doubling the blocks per turn he can give is a nice way to cas/skill
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MultiBlock gets a lot better when it's combined with Grab. Still wouldn't take it until at least the 4th or 5th normal on a Mummy though.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

But a tree still has ST 6, so he gets two 2-dice blocks with only one assist. Add Grab to it and you'll have a lot of fun.

Doesn't work for mummies though - too situational in my opinion.

I voted Break Tackle as I'm a big fan of the advantage it creates for the positioning game. Same goes for Stand Firm, obviously. Depends a lot on what kind of opponents you'll face, too.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

True about needing an assist (just like the tree), was only sharing my experience Smile

Z
Rival
Mummmy
Rival

I'd say if the mummy hits the top rival first and then the lower one he'd also get 2db...

Giving the mummy BT+sprint+Sure Feet would be fun though Smile
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

T3mpano wrote:

Giving the mummy BT+sprint+Sure Feet would be fun though Smile

All time top scoring mummy https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8708405
only has 13 td's and did it with Guard, Juggs and SF so you could make history with this build!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@T3mpano:

But your mummy has ST 5, same as your average ST 3 opponents when it comes to multi-blocking. One assist is not enough, unless you have a Guard who marks both opposing players (and they don't have Guard).
Otherwise you need two assists. That's why I find it far too situational - you need to dedicate too much effort/many players to getting those two 2-dice blocks. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd only keep a Mummy if it rolls a double (for Block) or stat (+ST, +MA) within the first two skills because they are such an important position on the team. Once you are already at 16 SPP, it will take another 15 SPP to get to the next skill, anyway.

Undead teams bank cash easily, you can afford to cycle your Mummy's..

..in fact, I'd argue that you can't afford for them to NOT have Block.

T3mpano

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
@T3mpano:

But your mummy has ST 5, same as your average ST 3 opponents when it comes to multi-blocking. One assist is not enough, unless you have a Guard who marks both opposing players (and they don't have Guard).
Otherwise you need two assists. That's why I find it far too situational - you need to dedicate too much effort/many players to getting those two 2-dice blocks. Smile

Ok, now I see what you meant! Thanks for telling me Wink
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
in fact, I'd argue that you can't afford for them to NOT have Block.

Exactly why they should be given G access back Very Happy
Mummies are not, and have never been big guys anyway

mmm I realize I have to update my sig.

OT :
Guard is a no brainer, and it's not like you have 7 S access players on the team.
SF is usually what I would take next.

After that, it will depend on the stat/doubles he got, but I like ST5 BT. With MA4 maybe even before SF, even if only for the threat. It can also help counter the "chew toy" strat

piling on is a big no for me.
If a mummy goes down, there's a good change it won't be relevant again in the drive, and for undead that is bad