44 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you think, like I do, that TT resurrection is FUMBBLs only real shot to get new coaches on the site from the TT world of Blood Bowl.

Then it is in FUMBBLs best interest to put a lot of effort into making TT resurrection very dynamic with a lot of options for starting up tournaments and so forth.

Just making a frame work of 1100TV resurrection and then moving on with out using every single optional rule/setup available will be a bad thing. IT needs to be dynamic and not just a static 1100 TV format and off you go.

Have tournaments with 1800 TV sometimes...allow optional rules...the list is endless on tweaks and so forth.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course. But one thing we've learned doing this on TT, is that variety works best as variety from something. Dropping in all options from day one could be messy. Starting from your classic 1100TV, having a few of those and then trying new stuff out later might be best. Perhaps the time scales are different on FUMBBL and 5 years of ruleset development will be condensed into 6 months. But still.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Be careful what you wish for. Wink

New stuff is coming for the [L]eague division. It may well be cool enough to take even more people away from the two big divisions. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
Of course. But one thing we've learned doing this on TT, is that variety works best as variety from something. Dropping in all options from day one could be messy.

Ok, lets step back. I said that the format on the FUMBBL client side should have available as much dynamic changes as possible hard coded IF a tournament was to be formed up outside of the standard 1100 TV resurrection format.

It would make sense to have the framework all ready in place. Just because it is place does not mean you tick every single optional box and ramp up the TV to 2000+ TV.

But the other hang up with TT resurrection is the format of the tourney itself on FUMBBL.

DO you set it up in the classic format. 5-6 round swiss played over the course of 2-3 days?

DO you set it up as a weekly deadline swiss format?

Do you have weekend TT tournaments that kick off on FUMBBL and the coaches are expected to play it out over the weekend.

I would say you have all 3!!!!

We know for a fact that in the future we will have your classic 1100 TV TT resurrection tournament on FUMBBL. Why not during that process to set it up you start hard coding some of the other stuff into the tournament kick off page which lists all the options for the tournament?

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
But if there were ever changes, they would only make sense if coordinated with FUMBBL IMO. No other way to gather enough data.

I don't believe that's such a big problem. And C would probably happy if somebody with more influence on the community would take the burden from him to change the rules.

I guess there was just a guy who i played a couple of days ago. He mentioned some changes in his tabletop league and he claimed that they were official changes by the NAF. (Although he just said it was official and I asked him then if he was talking about NAF.)
He claimed Dwarf Berserkers would lose Block and gain Jugs instead...
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Because someone has to spend their time doing it I guess. Someone capable that is (I know zero about code).

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the Troll Slayers having Juggs instead of Block is one of the NTBB changes. And as such, completely and entirely unofficial.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Yeah, the Troll Slayers having Juggs instead of Block is one of the NTBB changes. And as such, completely and entirely unofficial.

This.

Wreckage wrote:

I guess there was just a guy who i played a couple of days ago. He mentioned some changes in his tabletop league and he claimed that they were official changes by the NAF. (Although he just said it was official and I asked him then if he was talking about NAF.)
He claimed Dwarf Berserkers would lose Block and gain Jugs instead...

People say a lot of things. Very Happy For every person on FUMBBL or NAF, there is someone who plays Blood Bowl with their two mates and almost never looks on the internet, or hears stuff second hand from his one mate who does.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
New stuff is coming for the [L]eague division. It may well be cool enough to take even more people away from the two big divisions. Twisted Evil

Iam looking forward to them greatly

BUT

That does not help out FUMBBL in the big picture at all. Just makes the current group of coaches who play in L happy.

ALSO

League does not pull coaches away from R/B. Most coaches play R/B/L to begin with anyway.

League does have a huge negative though and we have scene what it is in previous posts.

You play in a round robin style league it moves at a very very slow pace.

You play in a Open format KO style tournament that format also moves at a very slow pace.

Then to overcome that you join 9 leagues and then you quit half of them 3 games in because you now have 9 matches to arrange in 7-10 games that are effecting your real life because you have to arrange a match with another person.

Most coaches who do not play in league or just one league would say that negative is a very large negative.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well if the idea is that the #1 thing FUMBBL can do is get more coaches on the site playing Blood Bowl then there is nothing currently on the site "we" can change that will make them come back or arrive for the first time.

Some sort of Academy? If word spread that this was a great place to learn, with a structured learning curve, it might help.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well if the idea is that the #1 thing FUMBBL can do is get more coaches on the site playing Blood Bowl then there is nothing currently on the site "we" can change that will make them come back or arrive for the first time.

Some sort of Academy? If word spread that this was a great place to learn, with a structured learning curve, it might help.

+1
145 CLUB: Resurrection Academy
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My experience is that the percentage of people who view BB as something competitive enough to make the idea of learning it meaningful is staggeringly small. Maybe it is just a British thing, but most people I meet are actively hostile to the idea that they care about who wins or loses. Odd really, as they suddenly seem to care a lot about results when all the 'good' players aren't around and they are racking up easier wins. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
PainState wrote:

I agree that a form of Academy would be a good idea. I would say also that you make the format in the TT resurrection style.

That way you kill two birds with one stone. You have some attraction outside of FUMBBL with the TT format and you have the FUMBBL side attraction that you can work on getting better at the game with out having to rebuild teams and so forth.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

To get the rules changed again officially:
Get JJ's email. Get every coach on here, as part of the user agreement, to email him requesting the return of the living rule book
Razz
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
Odd really, as they suddenly seem to care a lot about results when all the 'good' players aren't around and they are racking up easier wins. Wink

Interesting comment. Do you mean tabletop players?

Jump to: