54 coaches online • Server time: 17:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's say that I'm creating a theoretical new stunty race. One player type has the skill 'Blood Lust'. What are the rules regarding who the lusty player can bite? In the skill description it says that a vampire must bite a thrall. But what happens on a team (squig herders) that don't have thralls? Could more than one player type be regarded as a 'thrall'? Or should it be kept to one player type only?

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you are dealing with Stunty. What does that mean?

When Stunty was reloaded and upgraded some of the "core" rules are no longer valid.

Example: Failed Blood Lust you must bite a player with the thrall trait. That is no longer valid on Stunty teams. So squigs that fail blood lust can bite any player on the team to satisfy the failed blood lust roll, there is no longer a thrall trait in Stunty.

Example: On the Strig team the thralls DO NOT have the thrall trait.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, so a player with Blood Lust can bite any other player.

But, having said that a Squig surely can't bite another squig? I don't ever remember being given the option to bite a squig.

Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

A player with Blood lust can only bite a Thrall. So in Vampire teams that is only Thralls. In the Stunty Leeg teams you will need to check which players are listed as Thralls, I would guess only the goblins in the Squig team.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It used to be that you could bite any player without the 'undead' trait. I think in the old client that may have been linked to regen. I did know the answer to this for the new client, but I can't remember now. You also can't bite another player with Blood Lust, so that's why you can't bite another Squig.

I'm using blood lust (or afab) for a few teams. I'm even using the very very old rules for demons (miss drives instead of bite on pitch).

I'd like to make a new team with the Chaos Flings too. Chaos is very unflingy. They're the most unchaotic race that could be. However they do live next door to the vamps, so it's quite possible to see them becoming thralls and uses the great Chaos Fling icons!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In case people missed the other thread, this question has come up because a legend strig Lord has died in the necromiser and will likely get chosen as the prize. So really it's a mechanical 'how would this work' question rather than a theoretical roster one. If my skinks had a strig Lord who could he bite?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd wager he could bite anyone who didn't have blood lust or regen.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all that, guys. It has helped out a lot. I know that it is pertinent because of the dead Strigoyan Lord, but I really was asking for a roster I'm working on.

Last edited by selfy_74 on %b %05, %2014 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No one. Like I said they can only buy players who are listed as thralls.

To clarify, thrall is special positional player we don't see this. It's just handed on the back end of fumbbl and the client. So the strig Lord will not be able to bite anyone.

Last edited by Garion on %b %05, %2014 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No, sorry. He can only bite players with the thrall trait. As you can see here and here Strigoyan Thralls and Squig Herders do have the thrall trait.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

That's gone right over my head.

Edit: Is that gubbins saying that a specific position could be 'set' to thrall? So, if my theoretical roster were ever to be used, certain positions could be the thrall positions, but in a current roster unless the position is already set to 'thrall, you've had it.

PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Now this issue of the Strig Lord..he is one mean dude. Lets just say you take him because he is mean and nasty. So in essence you have a player who rolls a 1 YOU MUST reroll the nega trait. No big deal in my book.

Yeah, he goes to reserves if you fail the roll or don't have a reroll BUT the level of destruction this guy can lay out on a stunty Blood Bowl pitch is far greater than worrying about failing a blood lust here and there.

Also the big upside with this guy is he has REGEN and you can use your apoth.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It didn't help him when he got run over by the Passion Wagon. Wink

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
That's gone right over my head.

Edit: Is that gubbins saying that a specific position could be 'set' to thrall? So, if my theoretical roster were ever to be used, certain positions could be the thrall positions, but in a current roster unless the position is already set to 'thrall, you've had it.

If you look at that link, it shows the thrall skill, even though we don't see it on the skill list. Kind of like how a rotter becomes a rotter or a rotter becomes a Nurgling.

Looking at it, I'll put my wager back in my pocket and agree with Noel and Garion.

yeah sure, if you gave players a thrall trait (like in the client), then yup they would be thralls.

However where are you intending to use your list? If it's table top, that is the best place for wacky rules, you can do anything you want there. Even a 'flying attack' where you pick up your figure throw it and whom ever is hit has to make an injury roll (with a +10 modifier).

If it's in a client, then yes, you do have to work within the restrictions of the client. The old client is much easier for biting. You could.....request what you need as a league option, but right now it wouldn't be of much use.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it was just an idea I had for a stunty leeg roster. It may, or may not, have a player type that has the Blood Lust skill, but I wanted to be sure I was aware of the Thrall rule and how it worked first.

Jump to: