54 coaches online • Server time: 12:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump!

How many more articles do you need?

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Roseph Last seen 8 weeks ago
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaah the grandest of plans...

Last edited by Nightbird on Nov 05, 2014 - 23:39; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There is loads for the next issue sadly roseph is the guy that has it all, he will be back though. I'm sure of it Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2014 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Knock knock...

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2014 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

who there?

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2014 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ro 25 weeks
James Probert 20 weeks.

For this to happen, I think it needs somebody to take it by the horns and get new staff. Unfortunately this isn't going to me. I have a custom roster that I haven't put anywhere else ready to go though if that happens.
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts as well. Is there any info on how things work behind the scene (the technical aspects like the formatting of the articles, how to submit new issues, etc)?

Even if the new team is just temporary, that'd be better than no team at all IMHO.

I could probably take care of the technical stuff like converting the articles to whatever format the site uses or kicking late contributors in... well... somewhere, but I can't do everything alone (and I don't have the English skills to be a corrector to begin with).

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

James Probert did the technical stuff. Check his formatting in posts in this section.

I guess I could do the spelling and grammar checks.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an article ready to go for when this gets fired up again. I don't have the time to be on the staff for it, but I can certainly contribute stuff for the content.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I can totally be all over proofreading. Mi speeling und grammer iz eksilunt.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
My thoughts as well. Is there any info on how things work behind the scene (the technical aspects like the formatting of the articles, how to submit new issues, etc)?

Even if the new team is just temporary, that'd be better than no team at all IMHO.

I could probably take care of the technical stuff like converting the articles to whatever format the site uses or kicking late contributors in... well... somewhere, but I can't do everything alone (and I don't have the English skills to be a corrector to begin with).

Your English skills seem pretty good UNTIL you say you don't have the skills to be the "corrector". Decent word choice. And I would usually say nothing... but since your English is actually good I thought you might like to know the word you want there would be Editor.
Plus... I would like to volunteer to help out with editing... and maybe some contributing. I was a journalism student and have copy editing experience. As for contributing I have a unique character in mind to use.
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh. Razz

Yeah, you've just illustrated my point. I'm not a native English speaker, so even tough I could fix spelling or grammar mistakes, I would also miss many "unnatural"/"clumsy"/whatever turns of sentences in articles written by other non-native English speakers.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Eh. Razz

Yeah, you've just illustrated my point. I'm not a native English speaker, so even tough I could fix spelling or grammar mistakes, I would also miss many "unnatural"/"clumsy"/whatever turns of sentences in articles written by other non-native English speakers.

It's OK. Your English is good enough to communicate. Just not good enough to be the Editor. Nothing wrong with that.
Honestly it wouldn't hurt to have a non-English native to look over Edited Copy to be sure it isn't nonsense to non-natives too. By this I mean not loaded with too many clichés, sayings and phrases that make sense to natives and not to non-natives.
 Jump to: