45 coaches online • Server time: 00:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nyberg

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Nyberg wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Retire, he's TV bloat, a huge one.

Did you acually read the post? I'm NOT retiering him. It's not an option. TV bloat or not, im not doing it.

Did you actually remember what you wrote?
Nyberg wrote:

Now to to my question: How do I fit all these injuries into the fluff without having him in any way disabled? You FUMBBLers are a creative lot, help me out here!

Or should I just retire him so we can keep the illusion that no blood bowl team leave a string of crippled ex players behind them in their travels and then we can keep only writing fluff about the flawless legends?

You wrote "Or should I just retire him" so it's you not reading what you wrote, not me.
If retiring is not an option then don't write it.

Oh, right. The last statement is not really serious. It's just a small boot to Lorebass. Gawd irony is hard to get through in text form!
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Or ee wuz killed an ter keep der sponsorship money kummin in yew put too obgoblins inter iz uniform. Owevvu der obgobz az started ter fall out wiv eech ovva an so iz performance iz on der decline az dey karnt agree wot ter do

And he's back! Laughing

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 14:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If you like him, as clearly you do, why not the potion?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Well, i do like him. But there is alot of factors playing in. He's not that special with str4 and claw (not potion material anyway). What makes him special is all his injuries.

I would rather save my potion for something more special, like my bull centaur (st5 ag3 blodge, sure hands), or something that would make a gamechanger (fumbbl cup etc).

I really just want something fluffy for him. Something special for him to stand out.

Also, im adding a special offer for as long as he lives. I'll make a 5$ donation to FUMBBL for every permanent injury he gets from now on.
Glyssner

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Because then he'd be just another filthy dirty clawpomber? Now he is a filthy dirty clawpomber with style.

Personally, I think it is much more of an achievement to play in the shark tank and get to the top of the top lists with a player like this in a team that tries to grow than with an unhurt legend in a sweetspotting team. Looking at the top lists for CD's there are quite a few bottom feeding predators around.

Also, the answers here were kinda like what I expected. The clawpombcrowd just sees TV-bloat and talks about how rubbish the player is, those in favour of finely tuned elfballing picker teams just sees the dreaded clawpomb-combo and then there are quite a few nice suggestions for fluff. As I see it, anyone can be a Hearts Boxcars or even a Golradir, they dont really stand out. Ztrack does!

As for fluff, I liked the necromantic one. Maybe he is in the borderlands of the dead and the living? His body is broken and dead but his spirit refuses to leave it until his quest is finished. Not a mindless zombie, but a chaos dwarf with a stubborn streak a mile wide, trapped in his decaying body that he keeps moving by sheer force of will.

"I aint done 'ere yet! It aint o'er 'til I says it's o'er!"
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nyberg wrote:
I would rather save my potion for something more special, like my bull centaur (st5 ag3 blodge, sure hands), or something that would make a gamechanger (fumbbl cup etc).

I agree.

Because soon (-st n) he will have earned you this: Image

Fluff? He's obviously immortal....

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Glyssner wrote:
The sensible crowd just sees TV-bloat and talks about how rubbish the player is [...]

Fixed for you. Very Happy
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Glyssner wrote:
The sensible pocket protector wearing accountant crowd just sees TV-bloat and talks about how rubbish the player is [...]

Fixed for you. Very Happy

If you're only going to do half the job Wink
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I atez it wen people hijak a fred an turn it inter a minmax/clawpomb/wotevva diskusshun. Ee wantz fluff ideerz an so far ee ent getting much elp. So elp out or zogg of ter der relevant forumz
Klesh

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

go drunk, you're home gobbo