31 coaches online • Server time: 08:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, it's not a reference to Nurgle.

As discussed in another topic, the people in charge of the GLT have been missing for weeks, and despite all the great work in the past years, it seems we're not going to have a new issue anytime soon.

It's time to have a new team. I can't and won't do everything alone, but I can take care of the technical stuff. So that's checked. But to release an new issue, we'd also need editors, and of course articles.

I've been trying to reach RO through one of his friends to get of copy of the articles he has received, but I haven't had any answer yet. If I can't get them back, the contributors would have to send them again to the new person in charge.

Now, the new team may just be a one shot team, so I'd also like to make it easy for any hypothetical future GLT teams, should this team be disbanded. Concretely, the idea would be have a private forum where all the articles submitted would be posted before publication (there's already one, isn't it?), so nothing would be lost, nomatter what.

So... To make it short:

- I'm volunteering to be in charge. Is there any other taker? Anyone willing to do it instead? Anyone who would like to be a co-admin?

- Who has articles for the next issues (if I can't get in touch with RO)? Could you please send them to the new person in charge?

- Who's volunteering for helping? We need editors and artists. This site is full of talents, so don't be shy!

- Christer? How's it working exactly? What do you need for the GLT? Articles/issues formatted in html? I can adapt to pretty much any language, but I need to know what I'm supposed to do first. Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Articles are posted in the GLT section, they aren't sent to him directly. Then James would do the technical side.

There should be examples of how James formatted them from previous issues.
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Err actually, I know at least one was sent to him directly (mine). Razz

And I believe we're not talking about the same thing when we say "formatting". I'm not talking about how to align the text or what to write in bold, but what formatting language I should use.

Actually... Everything seems to be incredibly complicated when it should be so easy...

Should I start a side-project instead? Another magazine, posted using the notes feature?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I see! So what did JP do to the articles then?!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll happily proofread articles if you need. I could write something if needed. PM me with more information if you like.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's the question HM. Razz

Again, I don't like to over-complicate things, so here's the idea: we find contributors for a new issue (you can send the stuff written for the ex-future GLN issue), editors, artists, etc. As there's no reason to keep everything in a private circle for ages, we release it as a new magazine. I'll format it and post it using the notes feature of the site (and if Christer finds it worthy of a link somewhere in the menu, he will add it). Again, IMHO, an new, unofficial, GLN is better than no GLN at all.

Unless everybody find the idea dumb, I'll actively start recruiting tomorrow.

@ JackassRampant: great! I'm trying to recruit more people in private as well and... Oh, you'll see. Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so at the moment, I could use...

- An article about BB strategy. It doesn't really matter what the exact topic is: it could be something about Dwarves, or OTS, or how to deal with a wizard, or...

- (optional) An article about BB history. Again, you're free to pick the exact topic.

- A gravedigger to pick the best obituaries in the next section and format them into an article.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already received several articles, and more are on their way!

Jump to: