54 coaches online • Server time: 18:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to have the choice to always pick one of the Hive Mind's two most commen skills?
Yes, it makes team building way more interesting.
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
No, let's keep it straight and always take the most common skill.
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
I'm totally fine with either.
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
I don't like either option.
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Resistance is futile.
34%
 34%  [ 76 ]
Can we assimilate pie? It would make being a drone so much more comfortable...
31%
 31%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 220

FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 001's Seven of Sixteen has been updated to skill testing duties. Earlier by another Borg Cube acquired dodge-skill is under review.
ilpars

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 007 encounter 1

Ranked Invasion Cube 007 made contact with Species Lizardmen subspecies Skinks and Kroxigor.

Information acquired: Skinks were extremely fast but have low strength and endurance. Kroxigor was extremely tough, strong and extremely capable at close combat. Contacts did continue hitting us when we were on the ground. Despite of this is strictly against the play rules that was given to us, referee failed to call foul. Trying to assimilate that behaviour.

Threat assessment: Skinks low, Kroxigor very dangereous.

Assimilations: Personel and skills none. Fouling behaviour is successfully assimilated.

Complete Data records: https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3623197[/i]

Last edited by ilpars on %b %21, %2014 - %01:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Testing Invasion Cube 004 awaits Instruction to start the assimilation of lesser beings in the Frontier of Known Space.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #4

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with new species: Dark Elf. The enemy vessel was inhabited by eleven subjects with biological distinctiveness ready for assimilation. Analysis of this new species power is indeterminate.

Information acquired: The entities refer to themself as Dark Elf. They show some increased agility and reflexes, but a lack of inherent skills. Similarities to encounter #3, species High Elf indicate a common evolutionary history of both species.

Threat assessment: Low. Subjects seem to have an inherent tendency to avoid conflict. One subject was successfully assimilated.

Assimilations:
Dark Elf Lineman001
Skill: Loner

Corpse Depot:
+ 1 Elf, transfered into Dark Elf renegade Thirteen of Sixteen.

Complete data records of the encounter can be found here.

+1 Loner
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it appropriate fluff to link Elven heritage with Vulcan? Possibly Romulan for Dark Elves... (thinking Witch Elves and Assassins)... Perhaps I should stop reading the Star Trek stuff on Wikipedia :p
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose the Borg would recognise a negative trait such as Loner is not worth assimilating? Amusing to read though. Very Happy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In less than one day the Hive Mind has gathered a lot of information. The Borg Queen is pleased.

Wanted: Borg player pics for all Chaos Pact player types!

garyt1 wrote:
I suppose the Borg would recognise a negative trait such as Loner is not worth assimilating? Amusing to read though. Very Happy

They sure do, that's why they don't apply them to their drones. Wink Once the list grows longer, these exploitable weaknesses will probably get one on their own.

Dalfort wrote:
Is it appropriate fluff to link Elven heritage with Vulcan? Possibly Romulan for Dark Elves... (thinking Witch Elves and Assassins)... Perhaps I should stop reading the Star Trek stuff on Wikipedia :p

Well, that would obviously work. Feel free to use references. I wouldn't want to impose anything like that onto the collective though.

Great to have you on board, buddy. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 09:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any point listing Regeneration, Loner, Stunty etc in the table at all as they can never be selected? Just seems to make it needlessly cluttered. I suppose it's more noticeable as the No1 skill isn't at the top of the list.

Also, how are you deciding between multiple skills with the same number of assimilations? Is this just a random choice from you or is there some method? I see at the moment it's Thick Skull and Guard (which would be most people's preference) is at the bottom. Just curious Smile
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I keep older skills on top of newer skills as a tiebreaker.
I simply add multiple skills from one player in the order they appear on the player's profile.
If two players die in the same match, I'll add their skills in the order they died.

On the skills that cannot be learned: As stated before, I'll eventually let them have their own list. I like to have them recorded, but it's of course pretty much pointless to have them on that rather important list (especially once it grows longer). Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Rabe

Wouldn't it be a fun supplement to list all the assimilated players on our group page?
Something like this for the whole collective:

Quote:

Assimilated to the collective:

Image Image Image

Resistance is futile.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely. I won't do it though. If you want to, I'll give you admin rights. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. Does this make me a princess? Very Happy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Done. And no. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 12:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Sure. Does this make me a princess? Very Happy

You'll always be my princess Wink
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using this image for my marauders, if anyone wants to borrow it. If race-specific ones come out later, that would be awesome, but I just "borrowed" this from a google image search: