54 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Don't know if im posting in the right session but im having a problem launching the client

i played yesterday, watched replays, all was good (as it is since i joined the site)

tonight, i wanted to spec some games and when java launches, it is blocked and i have a security alert : "certificate not valid - the application will not be executed", and i can only close it

any idea of what i can do about this problem ?

im not really good in computer...
im using a almost new ASUS laptop with Windows 8.1 and the last version of Java

thx
Bancobat
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Try to clean your Java cache (google it - I don't know where it on Windows). You may also want to check your java security settings (same - check on Google - you should have a control center thingy installed).

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna go with update your java...

It's not really a big deal tho since you can change the security settings but... since the client is sorta certified now that shouldn't be really a problem...
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok im gonna try those
Thanks Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The security certificate for the client that christer pays for ran out last night, I suspect it gets renewed automatically, so as kam says the problem you're having is likely related to your java cache and will need deleted.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 12:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, you're on the right track, but it's a bit more complicated than that.

The code signing certificate expired just before 01:00 on the 20th. I have a new certificate sorted out (after a bunch of hoops), but the old code isn't signed with it. Now, this should normally work (and it does with the Java version I use) as there's some time stamp signing magic happening (RFC 3161, or what Wikipedia calls Trusted timestamping). That means that since the code signing was done while the certificate was active, it will continue to work.

But of course, that seems to not work properly for some installations. I just now verified the client to work on the system I'm currently on (Windows 8.1, Java 1.8.0_25). Make sure you have an up to date Java version and it is set as a default VM for the system (Control panel->Java)
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

thx guys
i will check that tonight
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 15:41
FUMBBL Staff

Also, the new client version will certainly be signed using the new certificate, so any incompatibilities will disappear as soon as we can get that pushed to live (hopefully in the not too distant future).
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hi again
i removed all java from my computer, reinstall the last version (8.25), restart the comp etc
and it still doesn't work...Sad
i deleted the java cash in control panel/java, i put https://www.fumbll.com in the list of authorized certificates

and it still doesn't work...

any idea of what i can do ?
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i just tried to manually remove all caches, apply in the java from control panel
doesn't change anything
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

don't understand at all lol
i put "https://fumbbl.com/ in the exception list...doesn't work

help me obi-wan kenobi
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i think.. the only logical explanation for this would be if ...

if there is another java version on your computer that you missed and...

whatever you deleted/reinstalled... isn't actually the file you're starting the game with....

download the ffb-file... right click on it "open with.."... go to your java folder where you have been doing all this stuff and select the javaws.exe manually.,,, make sure it's the one with the ws tho...

edit: If you should get a DIFFERENT error in the process, also mention that.. that would be important.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %22, %2014 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
bancobat

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i just managed to make it works by removing the java certificate check...not sure it's a good idea though...

but with Firefox,i can't even reach the site coz it says "certificate invalid"
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

bancobat wrote:
i just managed to make it works by removing the java certificate check...not sure it's a good idea though...

but with Firefox,i can't even reach the site coz it says "certificate invalid"

If you only use Java for the game, you can pretty much shut it off on your browser anyways.

The fact that you got issues with firefox too I find a bit curious. I could make some guesses but since you seem to have resolved it, I'll hold my breath...

In java there should also be a medium security setting where you can just see the message and ignore it.
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 15:13
FUMBBL Staff

We're hoping to update to the new client very soon (keep your eyes peeled for an announcement). This stuff will disappear then.
 Jump to: