51 coaches online • Server time: 17:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll have to check with Garion, however I think it goes like this:

Trogs were on the first ed roster, and that's why he included them.

As for the roster, it was done by Galak and Garion just tinkered with it (adding the Trog I think).

I believe the roster is used a fair bit in PBeM, so has had a fair bit of playtesting. Garion is very mindful of this. So no armour, AV 7. I've also heard it's a lot of fun.

However like you, I don't like it very much. They have ritual tattoos that act as an armour placebo. This hasn't been taking into account at all. I play a forest gobbo/savage orc mix team. I only allow Savage Orcs linos (as they're savage and do not develop strategy) however they have ma 6 (lack of armour) and av 9 (ritual tattooing).

The team is struggling a little, but looks good. They also have a river troll! I like this player.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thick Skull is added to the team instead of Tattoos. Also Troglodyte is the same a kroxigor though has DP. The midgard roster just had Kroxigors or trolls as an option, while mine has Trog and Troll. I changed it from Kroxigors as they would never play for orcs in a million years and in the midgard roster they were just put there because the savage orc location is close to a lizardmen collony in the southlands. Rasetra area.

Basically it just allowed me to keep the roster pretty much the same as that one, and make sense.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Roland wrote:
Why troglodytes in savage orc teams? What's the fluff? I think river troll would fit better.
And also: why AV 7? It's a big step down from orcs 9. Wouldn't av8 suit them better? (They're still orcs!)

I've heard they have been playtested a lot. How's an all frenzy team like to play?

River Troll as an option would be fine too. The fluff is on the page, you can read cant you Wink

Thats not my roster. its one that has existed for a long time. I'm not a huge fan of it either tbh, but I know some that do like it, so might as well leave it in there.

The av7 thing was because they used to have tatoos which meant MB, Claw, PO didn't work against them. Thick Skull is the closest skill in this edition.

read! why didn't I think of that! Shocked *true story* Very Happy

nice fluff, I don't know it enough of it. Thought lizards only belong in Lustria... Rolling Eyes
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

btw, I've fixed ALL the player pics so there's no more white borders.
They're all 10-13kb PNG files with full alpha transparency now. (No more gifs Garion! Wink)
You can use them all from my gallery (folder "AAA Secret League"):
https://fumbbl.com/p/gallery3?owner=Roland

I've also sent them to Garion.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Nice one.

Thx! Was fun Smile

Oh, and i recoloured the TG and skeleton of the Numas team to make them match better:
https://fumbbl.com/help:NumasT
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

how will Cyborc team work?
will they gain skills and then be able to buy cybernetic upgrades? or does cybernetic upgrades count as skills?
will it be possible for the coach to add cybernetic upgrades?
https://fumbbl.com/help:CyborcT
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

dunno yet, still thinking about it, its probably going to be skills or upgrades once they get enough spp, though I'm not sure yet. upgrades my come with a risk. Just too many options running through my head atm

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well admins can add skills, so with custom league I think you can do this. I'm playing the roster (actually I was playing it in leauge) and I really think they need the option to buy the stuff outside of skill ups. Otherwise there's just no point in taking the roster.

I've done a couple of icons, and they're a bit problematic. Some of the cyber parts do not look that much different. There will be an awful lot of icons and the more complex ones like the star players aren't easy to do.

However I bought 2 movement upgrades for the ball carrier and an AV upgrade for 2 who go on the LOS and they've got a good record on FUMBBL. https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=747917 I'm not playing the roster privately yet.

Hmmmm I thought I'd put something somewhere on them..........
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

there seems to be an error in the savage orc starting roster page:
https://fumbbl.com/help:SavageorcPb
if I calculate right, it's 1050k
2x50 + 4x80 + 4x90 + 150 + 2x60 = 1050
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

aye looks like you are right, work out the best starting roster for me and I will stick it on that page. Cheers.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

well, that's the tricky bit...
if you really want to start with the trog, you have to cut sown on blockers and/or blitzers.
If you cut down on blitzers, 2 RR is not enough i think.
The blockers are needed from the start because they will skill slowly.
You actually need them all and 3 RR Very Happy but you can't eat the cake and keep it.
So I figure something out, despite I'm not experienced with them.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Do Malal recruits keep any existing injuries or do these get patched in the apoth recruitment process, Also the player is added after the game yeah not during right?
And you need to change the text o "Any player killed on the opponents team" as I doubt you can re up in malal LOL

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what I would do:

* 4 Savage Linemen
* 3 Savage Blockers
* 4 Savage Blitzers
* 3 Re-rolls
* Total = 980k

You really need all block you can get + blitzers are fast and going to score. Saving for the fourth blocker shouldn't take long, then you need apo desperatly I think.
Finally save for a big guy
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
Do Malal recruits keep any existing injuries or do these get patched in the apoth recruitment process, Also the player is added after the game yeah not during right?
And you need to change the text o "Any player killed on the opponents team" as I doubt you can re up in malal LOL

you just recruit the killed ones from the opposing teams, bascially they arent killed, but if they have exisiting injuries yeah they keep them, player stays exactly as they are, except alive again and playing for a different team.