46 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:

I see however a lot of talk about league, but imho this will not solve the mentioned problem off coaches getting their occasional game.
As some coaches wrote here, they dont have the time to get bound in a League (like myself) but want to play a game of bb now and then (like myself). And they do prove my suspicion right, that they are not very content by the current options to find a game in B or R either.

If more coaches played league it wouldn't take so long to get a game. An as people are already saying that it can take 30 minutes or more to get a game I am not really seeing the advantage of R & B.

I ideally [L]eague would be rigged up so that house rules could be applied to 'open' games without joining a league. e.g. by applying the rules to a group.

Or by creating a new less restrictive kind of 'open league'.

Edit: If you don't like talk of [L]eague then maybe you should rename the thread improving Ranked & Bob.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Question is:
Will Resurrection Tournaments or other single Measures really help?
Is it enough to satisfy the Rule purists and the Coaches, who are discontent with the current Ruke and division Situation?
Any more Ideas for big scale solutions?
Any more arguments pro or contra regarding my approach creating two ranked divisions, one with houserules and the other with CRP straight Ruleset but both combining manual and auto game finding?
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
Question is:
Will Resurrection Tournaments or other single Measures really help?
Is it enough to satisfy the Rule purists and the Coaches, who are discontent with the current Ruke and division Situation?
Any more Ideas for big scale solutions?
Any more arguments pro or contra regarding my approach creating two ranked divisions, one with houserules and the other with CRP straight Ruleset but both combining manual and auto game finding?

As I understand it Christer has said no to merging R & B and no to house rules in the competitive divisions. I don't think your idea has much momentum unless Christer himself says so.

I have one idea (ripped off from one of VoodooMike's).

Virtual Tournaments.

You switch your team into VT mode.
When you put your team on gamefinder it is automatically matched against another VT team with the same number of wins.

You need n (eg 5) consecutive wins to gain an award.
The more wins the bigger the award.
While in VT mode the team cannot play any other game.
The team may check out of VT mode at any time but if they do not have at least n wins they get no award. When they check in again their win count will be zero.

I don't know how much work that would require from Christer and how much could be done by someone else from the game finder code he posted. I imagine it would require some backend work.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

In ranked you have to sell yourself. You get what you give.

If you offer your opponent a fun even matchup, first time, you'll have a much better chance getting the game.

If you offer a ridiculous match up or only offer claw teams, you are telling your opponent you are narcissistic and boring. You've offered them nothing worth their time. They'll ignore you and move on.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Jep and if you whine about your dice all tge time u will not get games even with elves (bbot strider sheepishly looks at Brainsaw)
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 18:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have also found that asking for games in IRC will snare you a few coaches who will look at playing your teams.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious, with the new client out and it's support for more customization of teams and rules, does this mean the chances for a resurrection league are a bit better?

Or do the back-end changes not really make a difference in this regard. I would love to play in a 1100 or 1200TV resurrection league with my squishy teams. I wouldn't get that feeling of dread for total team destruction that I do now when playing bash.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Just curious, with the new client out and it's support for more customization of teams and rules, does this mean the chances for a resurrection league are a bit better?

Or do the back-end changes not really make a difference in this regard. I would love to play in a 1100 or 1200TV resurrection league with my squishy teams. I wouldn't get that feeling of dread for total team destruction that I do now when playing bash.

They're coming. Don't know when. But they are coming.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This makes me very happy =)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ranked is like online dating...

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1837
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
RedDevilCG wrote:

They're coming. Don't know when. But they are coming.

In January I believe.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1837
Wow! That is fantastic news!
 Jump to: