29 coaches online • Server time: 02:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ttorvatn

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, folks!

Shouldn't we make official league T-shirts? Are the logos of the conferences allowable for such T-shirts? Who can suggest a provider (I'm in Norway and I can find providers here, but you probably wouldn't be satisfied with the prices... Smile)? Maybe it would encourage people to make their team own logos Smile
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The logos were made by The_Murker (if I remember correctly), and although he essentially donated them to the league for fair use, I'd recommend checking with him before printing them on to t-shirts, etc.

The draft results will be published shortly...

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The drafting hall is empty, the cleaning crews are about to move in and remove the empty barrels of Norscan ale and unidentified slime left behind by the Nurglites, and the results of the seventh OWCC draft are now ready to be published:

Round 1
Turov's Infected automatically transferred to Bretonnia.
Frostheim United stay in Bretonnia.
Dark Lands Predators automatically stay in Albion.
Uzkulak Pirates stay in Albion.

The two champions (carrying out the draft) stay in their respective conferences: the Diseased Wasters in Albion and the Nilfheim Lumberjacks in Bretonnia. That means that, under the one race per conference rule, Turov's Infected are automatically transferred over to Bretonnia to balance out the Wasters. Bretonnia won the Shield this season, so the Lumberjacks get the first pick, and in a reverse of last season's first pick they choose to keep Frostheim United in Bretonnia, forcing the Dark Lands Predators to remain in Albion (last season, the Predators were picked first, and Frostheim were automatically assigned). With their first pick, the Wasters chose to keep the mighty, but currently wounded, Uzkulak Pirates in Albion.

Round 2
Elves of Albion stay in Bretonnia.
Barak Varr Goldlords stay in Albion.

The two draft leaders seemed content to keep the conferences as similar as possible this season, and they used their second picks to re-sign the Elves of Albion to Bretonnia and the Goldlords to Albion.

Round 3
Athel Loren BBoDT stay in Bretonnia.
Palinam Diadochi transferred to Albion.
Gaen Vale Starlights automatically drafted to Bretonnia.

Some elven maneouvring happened in the third round, with the wood elves of Athel Loren remaining in Bretonnia, but their high elf cousins, Palinam Diadochi, poached by the Wasters for the Albion conference. That meant the returning Gaen Vale Starlights were automatically drafted to Bretonnia, to balance out the high elves between the two conferences.

Round 4
Malice of Karond Kar stay in Bretonnia.
Lahmia Undead United stay in Albion.

Another round where two teams were kept in the same conference as last season. So far, this has to be the most settled draft ever!

Round 5
Scalded Delta Dogz transferred to Bretonnia.
Wasteland Vagabonds transferred to Albion.

Finally, in the fifth round, a full on switch was made between the two conferences. The Lumberjacks took the Dogz across to Bretonnia, while the Vagabonds were sent the other way to Albion. However, the Vagabonds are the only team in the draft with an active Royal Pardon, so there is no guarantee they will stay there.

Round 6
Arkhan Faraohs stay in Bretonnia.
Pillars of Nagash automatically stay in Albion.
New Bretonnia Expatriates stay in Albion.
Gotland Gorers choose to join Bretonnia.
Serpents Coast Scavengers automatically transferred to Albion.

The final round was even more complicated than usual this time! The two khemri teams were kept in the same conferences as last season, before the Expatriates were kept in Albion by the Wasters. At that point, the Kislev champions had the right of choice of conference, but there was some confusion as by the one race per conference rule the Scavengers should have joined Bretonnia. The draft rule lawyers were called in to pore over the extensive tomes that define the drafting process, and it was eventually judged that the Gorers right to choose overruled the one race per conference rule. So the Gorers went to the (more elfy) Bretonnia conference, forcing the Scavengers to be transferred to take the final place in Albion alongside their lizardy brothers, the Expatriates.

Royal Pardons
Wasteland Vagabonds switch to Bretonnia
Athel Loren BBoDT switch to Albion

After the draft hall chaos had died down, the Vagabonds decided to call in a favour or two to be transferred over to Bretonnia. Taking their place in Albion are the Athel Loren BBoDT, who will have to live up to their name this season!

After all the movement, this is how the two conferences look:

Albion
Diseased Wasters
Dark Lands Predators
Uzkulak Pirates
Barak Varr Goldlords
Palinam Diadochi
Lahmia Undead United
Athel Loren BBoDT
Pillars of Nagash
New Bretonnia Expatriates
Serpents Coast Scavengers

Bretonnia
Nilfheim Lumberjacks
Turov's Infected
Frostheim United
Elves of Albion
Wasteland Vagabonds
Gaen Vale Starlights
Malice of Karond Kar
Scalded Delta Dogz
Arkhan Faraohs
Gotland Gorers

Are you happy with your place next season? Not a lot has changed, but there are two each of Lizardmen and Chaos in the Albion and Bretonnia conferences respectively, which is unusual.

We are looking for one final Kislevite to join up, and then we'll kick off the next season - the aim is for the end of the week.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Uh... this logo seems unfamiliar... colors aren't right either...after playing in Bretonnia for four seasons we suddenly experience a deep and sincere feeling of emptiness and loss... Smile We will have to meditate on this deeply disturbing turn of events. Lizards aren't good at handling changes... Head Coach for the Serpents Coast Scavengers
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that draw couldn't have turned out much better, although I must say I hadn't considered the unusual ending of the draw there. I didnt care much which lizard team joined Bretonnia, so I put them near the bottom of the list. If I'd forseen this both Khemri teams would have ended up in Albion instead.

Good luck to you all!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Expats against the Goldlords and Pirates - no significant changes that I can see. Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Pregal

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... looks pretty Smile. Pretty painful actually Smile. Looking forward to a nice season with hopefully a little better ball-handling from my team than last one. They've been asked to sleep with the ball every night and cuddle with it extensively Razz.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if my picks were right or wrong really... first time having done this... be interested to get feedback! Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no right or wrong I dont think. Certainly when I did it I tried to just pick the teams that seemed less of a threat, but with such a short swiss season I dont know if this actually is effective Smile
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
I don't know if my picks were right or wrong really... first time having done this... be interested to get feedback! Smile

I think your picks were fine, with the way your nurgles are built you want to face bashers mostly and avoid the elves and that's what you accomplished, before the pardon was used that is.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

BlueDevil420 wrote:
I think your picks were fine, with the way your nurgles are built you want to face bashers mostly and avoid the elves and that's what you accomplished, before the pardon was used that is.

Indeed - and I don't think you can account too much for the Pardon. Or, rather, you probably can, but it requires a lot of (probably too much?) careful planning - and maybe it only seems that way from my point of view, because I get to see how each round breaks down.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

All-Time League Rankings updated for the end of Season VII.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Lumberjacks in first - grats!

And after their worst season by far since Season 1, the Expats move up from 5th to 3rd - I LOVE this system! ;D

gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
And after their worst season by far since Season 1, the Expats move up from 5th to 3rd - I LOVE this system! ;D

I just like to mess with the Expats. Wink

If you are actually interested, although you didn't make the Cup last season, you played (and beat) higher ranked opposition than the seasons before, making it your highest scoring season out of the last 4 (the only 4 that count).

I like the apparent perversity of the system.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

"Perverse" is one word for it...

We didn't make the playoffs in the first time since Season 3. Glad to hear we did so well. o.O

Jump to: