20 coaches online • Server time: 01:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I cure one of these fragile elves?
Cure Elmo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cure Archibald
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Save the potion, they will die soon anyway
94%
 94%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 19

Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have the potion, and I have two maimed elves. They are good players, but you know, they die all the time. So I don't know if I should use the precious potion on one of them. And anyway, who deserves to be cured? Here they are:

Elmo Clanks used to be a very agile guy, a great passer with that AG5, and he has other skills, making him still a decent player, but that -AG is turning in a TV boast.

Back in his golden days Archibald Bibblebabble was as fast as a bolt, he used to blitz opponents wherever they were, and he was also able to score. Now he's still fast, but not so much.

So, should I use the potion on one of these guys, or save it for some other good player of my other teams?

Thank you if you will give me an advice, you can vote the poll as well.
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

the blitzer, ma9 makes him able to catch any player on the pitch. plus, if needed, could pull of a ottd with him. start training a new passer to replace the toher one.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Save it.

I would kick Elmo outside an Tourney. And for me be the Skillplan of Archibald not good enough to use an Potion on em. I prefer 1Turning Guys without MBT, or MBT without 2+MA, its not full and not half. He can al but not realy good, but I like em Wink. I would use my Potion on realy realy awesome players, like positionals with +ST+ST/+ST+AG or something like this with an Double. Str3 Players dieing to fast for me to spend there an potion.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, Castleman, that's why I didn't fire Elmo. I just bought a new passer. Elmo will play until the young lad will get some skills.
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't say fire elmo. I said start training a new one...
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The Problem with Elmo I see there the problem with (looking at me). When I have an good skilled player, I will EVER use them for the Dices, I better used an other Guy, cause the chance that I fail the aktion is much lower. U will ever Blitz with your POMBER with Tackle the WarDancer, and never with the Rookie Blitzer (who needet more the SPP from an Cas). And why I shall risk a Win or Draw with an move with HighRisk when I can go an "EASY" Way. Passing on 2+ over Passing on 4or5+. Thats why I would kick em, to loose a LOOOT of TV (120k (TV for 2Linos)) for much easyer Opponent Teams and far easyer to skill a new one.
But its your Decision I only say what I would do with em cause I had these problems with em Smile.
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What Zim said: save the potions
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there. I think Elven teams have to be super careful they don't suffer death by a thousand cuts, hanging onto old favourites for that little bit too long until they're joined by another guy with 'only' a - MA, another with 'only' a niggle... Suddenly, half a team have an injury and you're playing with a variety of cripples. Winning then is that much tougher.

Managing the transition between an injury or two to healthy is part of the fun of building a team. Sacking as soon as you can, whilst keeping the odd one around to keep the wins coming is a tough line to tread.

You're lucky to have so much lovely money there. If this was my team, I would cut every injured Elf and enjoy the new phase of the team. Those potions will have better uses.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Potion neither, I'd say.

+AG elves, while great players, are a dime a dozen. +MA +MA is nice and rare, but he's still no faster than a +MA catcher, who are a dime a dozen. If he were a dark elf blitzer, I might be tempted to keep for OTTD potential. For pro, that's something better left to catchers.

Jump to: