47 coaches online • Server time: 15:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well piling on is the best defensive skill in the game - better even than dodge. Jump up means he retains his threat, even on the ground. And getting fouled is awesome. As long as he's got some cover and you're limiting it to one or two assists then you can taunt a foul and end up removing enemy players while sunbathing on the turf. This guy took jump up has his first skill.

Leap could go either way - not necesarily a ball handler option - heck a 3+ with team reroll is far from ideal if failing means falling down and losing the ball - but when it's the least bad option you'll love it. Sure hands gives you that ball carrier option, but it is also great for ball recovery if you've got a shot at stealing it. Strip Ball becomes another option for outright offensive behaviour, and guard combo'd with leap can really mess with sideline cages - setting up otherwise impossible chain push surfs. This guy got it late in development but was so much fun I built this guy.

Side step (and then fend) can make life super easy for a ball carrier, or a receiver. It can also screw with the weak side of a cage pretty effectively as well if you play offensively with him.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod wrote:
Dunenzed wrote:
Also, looks like all the action is in the Conference again this season. Check out the sprint by Elyoukey's Fist of the Unicorn. Dropping out the first two games that's a 10/1/1 run!

So the Double is actually at risk?
But remember Elyoukey not only has to go better than 2/1/1 in its next four games, he has to provide a team logo too, otherwise no trophy! Smile

So I confess I've been taking an interest in how the lads from the Fist of the Unicorn finish their sprint.

They salvaged a draw against the Hell Grannies in a heck of a match.

Next they won vs Esprits du Jardin, a necromantic team. At this point I thought they had it in the bag, finishing their sprint with a win, and room to improve. Elyoukey would surely be able to secure another win and a draw to take the conference title. Then I noticed the TV level.

This evening I saw them get scheduled vs a skaven team of no particular aclaim. I'd stuck my head in to have a look at turn 2 and it looked grim for the skaven, being on the back foot and having lost their induced star player already. I went off to watch some FC action and came back at the end of the 1st half. The result was far from expected.

Rough way to finish a sprint Elyoukey, but with 2 more wins at the very top of the conference TV range you could match the top score and lift your average TV level.

Will you give it a nudge mate? It'd be a glorious end to the season.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Scores

What a season!
It seemed sealed for a long time, but it went hot in the end.
The Blitzkrieg Brigade went in frenzy mode to challenge the Premiership title, while in the Conference Teutogen Wolves, Fist of the unicorn and SAMCRO Soldiers tried 'till the end to improve their scores.
But in the end, the Doubler held both trophies with sure hands.
Grats to Dunenzed and his Sons of Brutus, the first coach/team to win both titles during the same season and now the most titled of the whole HLP! The Hall of Fame committee decided to include the team in the ALL-TIME GREATS alongside the Lavino Fighting Hellfishes and the Blood Sea Buccaneers. The induction ceremony will take place in the next few days.

I expect Season 21 to have a lot more participants, details to tempt you will follow...

Premiership

Top three positions

Winner: Sons of Brutus - 46 points (8/6/2)

Runner Up: Blitzkrieg Brigade - 40 points (7/3/6)

3rd Place: Äkta Människor - 30 points (3/5/8 )

Minor Throphies

Sprinter: Sons of Brutus, Blitzkrieg Brigade, Äkta Människor

Top Scorer: Sons of Brutus

Top Basher: Blitzkrieg Brigade

Conference

Top three positions

Winner: Sons of Brutus - 54 points (12/2/2)

Runner Up: Teutogen Wolves - 49 points (10/3/3)

3rd Place: Fist of the unicorn - 48 points (10/2/4)

Minor Throphies

Top Scorer: Teutogen Wolves

Top Basher: Teutogen Wolves

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Grats to the SOB on the first HLP Double !

Twice HLP runners up The Super Sleuths have disbanded and gone back to their day jobs. That crime won't fight itself . . . .

will be back with a new team once i get a name/theme
Timetis

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Dunenzed! Humans!
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A great season, a monumental Double and a Hall of fame induction!

All hail the Sons!

The Blitzkrieg Brigade was no match for the champions but we are proud of our first HLP sprint and for the Top Basher award (I think we tied the all time HLP casualty record)

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

HLP page updated, with the new HoF entry, the Sons of Brutus and their coach Dunenzed, and a new DYK featuring Quick Gerald, the true and only Fan Favourite human player in the Box!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

GRATZ Warrior! Long live the Red and Gold.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod wrote:
Final Scores
...But in the end, the Doubler held both trophies with sure hands.
Grats to Dunenzed and his Sons of Brutus, the first coach/team to win both titles during the same season and now the most titled of the whole HLP! The Hall of Fame committee decided to include the team in the ALL-TIME GREATS alongside the Lavino Fighting Hellfishes and the Blood Sea Buccaneers. The induction ceremony will take place in the next few days.

Oops, I almost forgot... Embarassed
Almost one year ago, I put on contest the Kick-starter dices I won as Slobber-Knocker of 2013. The first coach to post a Double would get them...

Dunenzed, do you mind PM me with your address?
So that I can finally know how much does it cost a postal package from Italy to New Zealand? Their are right on the opposite sides of the Earth... Shocked

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

M.S.R.G. de Maraboes go 2/0/0.

Is Dunenzed worried?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

He should be! The Maraboes' catchers are on fire, and so is the cheering! (Mostly their coaches', but still!)
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you good sirs, and congratulations to my fellow sprinters. Certainly we had nuffle on our shoulder this season, and I'm pretty happy to have secured the first conference title for the SoB - but to collect a double in the process!?! I was expecting the last minute challenge denying the double like what happened to Mata Leon, but nuffle clearly hates delivering the expected Smile

The Sons are unlikely to complete a sprint in season 22, but even if we were intending to we're never worried to see another human team succeed. We learnt our trade coming 3rd or 4th to the likes of the Kingston Kruelty, the Vault Tec Squad, the Inglorious Followers and the Bayernhoff Bengals. It was 400 games before we won our first premiership so we'll be cheering for those slobberknockers yet to join the 300 and looking for their first title.

Join the Human League Premiership!
 Jump to: