19 coaches online • Server time: 06:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

With my new job cracking on I have found my time curtailed somewhat and have had to pull out of a few leagues. The main reason I have had to do this is because weekly deadlines and an Aussie timezone tend not to mix very well at all.

I would like to be involved in league play (Currently SWL and NBFL) a bit more but it could only be with longer than weekly deadlines and/or have a majority of people closer to an Aussie time (in terms of neither myself or my opponent needing to play at 4/5am for example).

So ideally if I can get involved in a league it would need to be the following (I don't want to be THAT guy who drops out and disrupts everything):

10 day to 2 week deadlines (means I can be more flexible plus more time to schedule if super busy).
Players in a situation where mad start times are minimised/avoided (the 4/5am AEST only available time issue).
Funz! Very Happy

I don't suppose there will be many options (if any) and that's OK. But if there are then let me know!

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I was going to suggest OLC and other open Leagues, however as it's in your signature......

How about........setting up a mini SWL league or tournament? That way the timezone fits you. If you thought up a cool idea you could attach it to SWL. Or run it as a semi SWL thing with other coaches who could fit the timezone eligible to play too.

A fair few SWLers are interested in a less stressful, less commitment league if it's interesting enough.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In that situation the only thing I could think of would be a Highlander kind of thing. All teams represented once etc. That interests me.

I probably don't have the wherewithal to admin that kind of thing though. And I am only a lowly peon in SWL terms. I'm not worthy for such lofty suggestions!!! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not? Also, you may not have to do it on your own if you ask for help.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that is true.

Still, keep the suggestions coming people. If there are leagues that fit my criteria then post em up. Might help others get in to league play too.

Jump to: