34 coaches online • Server time: 15:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The mysterious double 5s
Block you dummy!
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
+MA
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Dodge
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
SS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nuts to doubles, start the CPOMB stack
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Other
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

charlie1331

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=783344

Currently getting the crap kicked out of me weekly in the NWFL league. Through 8 games this is only my third skill (thanks to my first non-rotter MVP) and it needs to count. Survival is the name of the game these days so my mind says block, or do I take the 1 in 6 offer of an A skill? SS could be quite useful down the line....if he gets there.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wait, this is NWFL? I change my vote to Sneaky Git.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I rarely turn down a stat or double. And I wouldn't here. Dodge if you're looking for survivability. Add block then whatever strikes your fancy.

If you want a more versatile player, diving tackle. (I never take sidestep on a player with S access, just as I never take stand firm on a player with AG access).

Ooh, or perhaps...wait for it...Leader. Leader on a AV9 regen player on a team where rrs cost 140K and 70TV. And I KNOW you need more than 3 rrs.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Pass block. Then get Break Tackle

Jeffro
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ignore the people trolling with Dodge and take Block or MB.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if Jimmy is always right.....

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA or Jump Up, depends on the environment.
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge is never wrong on st4 player, blodge SF nurgle warriors are the best roadblocks in the game.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Choosing a skill does not happen in a vacuum. There's often a "traditional" skill development path for a player (Block, MB, PO, whatever), but there's also the team, and you (the Coach), and the environment (League/Box) and the other Coaches/Teams there, all to consider in the decision.

NW's want Block - that is inarguable. Their primary job is to block, not dodge, not break tackle - that's all gravy to make Block more delicious, to keep the NW standing and/or more maneuverable. And that's big - it can be huge. But that's down the road, and without Block it's just flash and "a nice plan for the future".

So...

IF you think you're good enough to get this NW some TD's and get Blodge asap, then Dodge, no question.

BUT - if you're the type of coach who just lets NW's skill up via Casualties and the rare MVP, then it's too early for doubles - take Block and hope for doubles later, or you'll be 20(+) games before he gets the skill he really needs.

Meanwhile...

The team is 0-8, and with only 2 scores in those games.

After those 8 games, this is only the team's 4th skill* - 1 Blocking NW, 1 Blocking Pesti, 1 Kick rotter, that's it (and no one poised for a skill either). The team needs more Block more than it needs a Dodging Ag 2 Warrior, and the sooner it gets more Block the sooner everyone will live longer and the team will start to grow. So unless you're in a very soft League, and you think he can live that long, or if you are trying to win your next games for THIS season, Block makes more sense for the short-term, immediate improvement.

(* Half your MVP's have been lost along with Rotters, a curse many Nurgle coaches are familiar with.)

So, the answer to "what skill?" can be found by answering those questions:

o How soon will he get Block (to do his job)?
o Win now, or win later?
o Long(!) term build or short term improvement?

And only you can really answer those Q's for yourself.

(But for you, for this team in this League, I'd go Block. Get the foundation now, get fancy later.)

GL!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on Dec 19, 2014 - 19:21; edited 2 times in total
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can't pass up the double, Chuck... dodge. It'll stack with your eventual and insurmountable Break Tackle / Pass Block combo Wink

Otherwise... block. Reliable, boring, good ol' block.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
If you can't pass up the double, Chuck... dodge. It'll stack with your eventual and insurmountable Break Tackle / Pass Block combo Wink

You, damned cheesy power gamer!
<shakes fist at him>
Laughing
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It's interesting to watch the votes swing as the day progresses. Apparently later in the day the Block crowd comes in. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Being your next opponent, I'm not going to vote. But, I'll give my two cents, having lost a ton of matches with this nurgle team.

Doubles on NW are tricky. Do you take Dodge?
- They won't be dodging much (if they do, you are in a desperate situation already).
- Blodge, yeah, pretty cool on a roadblock guy. But down the road, you'll rarely find a team that lacks tackle in it's main blitzer.

Do you take Side Step?
- Might be nice, once you have Block and Guard, and want to keep assisting your other players. All in all, wouldn't Stand Firm work for that too. I assume you left him in the most convenient place for you. Why move it to a square adjacent to that most convenient place for you?

Do you take Jump Up?
- Well, I've tried it with this guy and it worked decently. Not "whoaa", but every now and then my rival goes like "hey, didn't you blitzed twice?" Smile It has added me a block quite often, or allow him to move where he was needed most, even after getting put down by a block. Further down the road he'll get pile on and fullfil his destiny Very Happy (Note he plays on BlackBox at high tv already, NWFL has a more balanced team selection and you won't face clawed opponents every match)

Still, as starters, none of those are very useful for a beggining nurgle team. Then again, there's only one match left for this season. Hopefully there'll be training camps next, and preseason after that. A whole 7-8 more matches to get some spps before next season begins. Perhaps you want to aim for the long run.

Ah, also: I wouldn't take +MA, either, as none of the other NW will be able to support him, and anyway, he won't outrace your own Pestigors. If it were a Pestigor, yeah, sure. MA7 is great to score quickly, when needed be.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

MB because he will then make almost all the blitz and so will skill faster.
MB because you need to CAS to win.
Forget double first skill on NW IMO, especially considering your team.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You take jump up.

Anything else is completely stupid.
 Jump to: