21 coaches online • Server time: 03:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The mysterious double 5s
Block you dummy!
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
+MA
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Dodge
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
SS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nuts to doubles, start the CPOMB stack
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Other
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm - w/ Ag 2 a JU Block is a 3+ roll. Not as attractive as it would be on a 2+.

Plus see team & record.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
mmmm - w/ Ag 2 a JU Block is a 3+ roll. Not as attractive as it would be on a 2+.

Plus see team & record.

That is really not the reason to take JU on a NW.

You want to build a great player? Or you just want to build another player?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=7898618
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=7898618

Oh look he took JU after clawpomb. Cos I'm not stupid.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ORLY????
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

(+1)

I just don't think that this team and this coach in this League are in a position atm to afford to develop (and try to protect) a future "great player". Not as a first skill for this player, and not as a 4th skill on the team.

Maybe later, once the team has a core of blockers and a couple vanilla heavy hitters, but as the team stands "another player" is ~exactly~ what they need for now.

licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the NWFL. It's a NW!!!

Why would he need to protect him? And from whom?

Even with whatever the cap situation winds up being NWFL teams run best with a few super stars and filler. Spread your spp if you want, but it will be a worse team that will loose to the concentrated star teams over and over.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

He needs to protect him b/c this is BB, and (worse) in the League there are killers. And a player w/ a double (that is not Block/Dodge) is a MUCH bigger target than one with no skills, and a softer one that a Blocker.

I'm not arguing spread v. concentrated skills, and I'm certainly not suggesting spreading skills.

What I'm saying is that it's a simple truth that it's tough to protect a player with no Block/Dodge, much less skill them, when you have no team skills in an environment of developed teams and maxed heavy hitters.

Take JU, and the team will still lose players (not to mention games). Take Block, and the reliability and basic ability of the team as a whole will improve, and eventually it will get where it can afford a non-optimal starting skill.

But it's just not here yet, nor close enough to afford risking it imo.

Last edited by Smeat on %b %19, %2014 - %22:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

charlie1331 wrote:
It's interesting to watch the votes swing as the day progresses. Apparently later in the day the Block crowd comes in. Smile

That's because the drunkards join FUMBBL evening after evening.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A few votes is not statistically significant.

licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an AV9 player with foul appearance and regen.

He doesn't need to protect him. There's no point in protecting those players from anything other than leaving them in a stupid position to get gang fouled. That player isn't going to get targeted anyway. Heck, the only player on that team which is going to get targeted is the presti.

However, to your point, that team should probably be thrown away and restarted for next season, it's simply too devastated and has no bank.

So I'll change my vote from jump up to 'it literally makes no difference' since I don't see a future for that team regardless of what skills are taken.

However, in general, for the NWFL in specific, you must build studly star players or you are going to have a much harder time winning consistently. To that end, you take the doubles when they come and worry about the rest when you get the opportunity to. Some teams shouldn't even concern themselves with winning as much as they should concern themselves with building the 'perfect' player for the style the NWFL promotes.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm -

You may have a good point there. (And I'm not talking about why your mom makes you always wear a hat.)
Laughing

charlie1331

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

However, to your point, that team should probably be thrown away and restarted for next season, it's simply too devastated and has no bank.

You believe this team is beyond saving? It's had a tough run and some bad luck with MVP distribution but I've got my 3rd reroll now and the bank will hopefully start to grow again. After next game I should (knock on wood) be able to purchase my 2nd pest and then the sky is the limit! What kind of development curve would you expect from a Nurgle team in this league?
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not beyond saving, but restarting a new team would probably be quicker.

What assets do you really have on this team that you would like to save?

I'm a fan of using a BoN (more in L than in other divisions), but he's a huge hit to your TV and doesn't really help you develop. I'd think restarting with 4 NWs, 3 Prestis, and rotters/rerolls would make more sense. All those loners kill you in the long run, and replacing rotters is painful enough, but you need 2 more prestis at least, so it's a long road to really get to a 12+ player roster, which Nurgle should have.

Competitively in NWFL I'd make one ball carrier presti (with doubles for dodge, then block sure hands, and then whatever else, two heads, foul appearance, ...). I'd make one blitzer Presti with block, Mighty Blow Tackle, and after that consider claw and pileing on.

I'd make my warriors go block, then guard/MB depending, and plan to develop at least one into a cpomber, jump up is really great for the NW, because even if you don't use it all the time to get 'free' blocks, you still get to reposition him better after he's piled on.

At some point after getting a ball carrier and at least one killer I'd consider working in the BoN, but, as it's a TV managed league, that's also a player who is easy to cut in the off season if he hasn't skilled anything decent.

All rotters should simply take dirty player and be used as disposable boots. Of course if you do get AG or ST on one you could plan for them to be used differently, but decay limits their potential.
 Jump to: