42 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As we know, joke teams perform better when they are underdogs, so what about adding a TV 100 modifier to Goblins, Halflings and Ogres in the Box?

This way they could get either 1 or 2 Bribes or 2 cards or 1 M.Chef/2 Babes/Wandering Apo, Star Player etc. and it would not be a gamebreaking change in my opinion.

If TV 100 modifier is too high even a TV 50 modifier would be useful (a card/babe/bribe for Goblins).
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe -100 for Brogres.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

couple of things:

1. It's a deviation from the core rules, changing TV value.

2. some people play these races for the challenge

3. Stunty teams start out about fine, gobbos are almost competative. More fragile teams just have a lower benefit from development because they spend on average less time on a pitch. Therefore a sub-1 multiplier would make more sense than to add a negative value.

That being said, I'm not totally against it.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Having teams less than 1000 TV count as 1000 TV for the scheduler is a great idea, that would "fix" Flings and Gobbos as well as letting beat up teams get games.
Brogres have it hard enough without spotting their opponents 5 skills.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Having teams less than 1000 TV count as 1000 TV for the scheduler is a great idea, that would "fix" Flings and Gobbos as well as letting beat up teams get games.
Brogres have it hard enough without spotting their opponents 5 skills.

I think that would be great for recovery teams, but it would be too good for flings. A lot of games could be won "amazon camping" style with flings that are 600-700 TV but getting matched against 0 game teams with no tackle and such.

That said, it's still flings... so by "too good" I mean "they might win more than 50% of the time". But zons with a wiz against rookies would be next. Best to be to give teams an easy place to min/max against rookies, IMHO.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
couple of things:

1. It's a deviation from the core rules, changing TV value.

2. some people play these races for the challenge

That being said, I'm not totally against it.

1) Rules don't state you must be paired by same TV, matchmaking by TV is a sort of house rule.
Anyway, the TV of the joke team would be changed ONLY for the scheduler, before the match it would be restored.

So for example, a TV 1000 stunty team activates in the Box, its TV becomes 1100 for the modifier.
Now the "artificial" TV is used to find an opponent of TV 1100.
Once the 2 teams have been paired, the "artificial" TV disappears and the normal, unmodified TV is used for the inducements.

2) With the TV modifier the games are still a challenge. You still have a stunty team, it's not that your stunty team suddenly becomes OP and easy to play.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %20, %2014 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens, however, when that TV 1000 Halfling team, gets the 100TV boost to 1100, then gets scheduled against a 1040TV team? It'd only be helpful when playing up, but it could hurt a team playing down
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
What happens, however, when that TV 1000 Halfling team, gets the 100TV boost to 1100, then gets scheduled against a 1040TV team? It'd only be helpful when playing up, but it could hurt a team playing down

As I said, the "artificial" TV disappears before starting the game, so a TV 1000 team with artificial TV of 1100 would become TV 1000 before the match, and would gain 40k of inducements.
In this case the "artificial" TV would get you no inducements, but in many cases it would.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a 'Rooooaaaar' button. Where you prefer playing up match ups.
albinv

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

"Rooaaaaar" button sounds nice.

A Fumbbl powered picking assistance! No more Mr. Nice Fling!

Last edited by albinv on %b %20, %2014 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

What about "constructive criticism"?
albinv

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh missed some irony then.

Still sounds good to me. Press "Rooooar" button to get paired with 100k inducements.

First i thought this was against the official rule stance fumbbl takes. But then i realized its not really, like MattDakka pointed out.
Wont happen still, we all know it.

Me likes it tho, pimp those stunties. They're a joke. Would be cool to make them a good one at least. Razz
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

What about "constructive criticism"?

Neutral
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
Oh missed some irony then.

There wasn't any!!!!

I took the problem and came up with what I thought was a better idea to combat the problem. I don't think you should be forced to play up if you don't want to. On top of this, some 'joke' teams, may come from rosters that aren't normally weak (e.g all hobgoblins, all zombies etc).

So I came up with what I thought was a better alternative.....however today seems to be the day where mouse gets his deserved comeuppance!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

somehow I think the roaar button would be a great idea...
 Jump to: