20 coaches online • Server time: 03:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
koadah wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

I just don't like the idea. It's kind of like the automove function, I didn't like that being added. I see it as dumbing down the game, and concentrating on key areas. However saying that, I find it hard playing without the automove feature.

Are you against making the game more accessible, easier to use and less prone to avoidable mistakes?

Is it not easy enough to beat rookies as it?

I don't see the appeal of games decided by misclicks, unnoticed skills/tackle zones etc.

A lot of these are part of the game. Certainly unnoticed skills, for sure. I'd hate for a 'warning you are trying to dodge out of a dt zone' style warning.

You are able to mark the DT player. Is that a dumbed down enhancement?

harvestmouse wrote:

As it is, too many coaches are winning games through team development. If you want to wave a stick at something, wave it there.

We play to the rules that we have. I'm all for more rules options in [L]eague. In 'competitive' divisions people should play 'competitively'. Wink

harvestmouse wrote:

This one however is grey, as it's an online incident. For me, I think how the system is set up is fine, I'd rather not see the change, I think the thread was born from some frustration.

That's my opinion, I've said I'm not overly fussed if it was implemented. I'm not quite sure why I'm being lambasted for it.

If we are still talking about a Duke's warning then I can't think of a reason to oppose it other than sparing Kalimar work.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you do not need a warning per se.

You transfer X cash into the petty cash field. If X is greater than Y (Your actual cash on hand) the screen defaults to the Y value instead of the X value.

Problem solved

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Lots of old man, get off my lawn syndrome, mixed in with 'slippery slope' the game will play itself after this in here. This is a small 'tweak' that fixes a math error output in a pre-game screen. Even the man himself thinks it's a good idea, so hopefully we can thank the OP and move on.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well maybe we could......if you didn't just bump the post and make 4 or 5 statements as if they were fact......duh.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well maybe we could......if you didn't just bump the post and make 4 or 5 statements as if they were fact......duh.

Have you always been this anti-social or are you Kalimar's boss at his day job and he's losing massive productivity due to Fumbbl?
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And I thought I'd been grumpy lately. Maybe you need a holiday? Smile

Post 12 Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well maybe we could......
Oh you tease. You started off so well, but still couldn't thank the guy for a good suggestion Wink

I'll let you get the last negative post in though. I know the itch is too strong for you to make me look poor rather than concede a good idea when even Christer thinks so.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh come on, I let the goading crap from Koadah go! It's a topic I never really wanted to get involved in, but brought in anyway. I was more than happy to let it go, but others aren't. I am social, I do help, look I even did today! I do find however, that if I leave you all to your own devices you're going to develop the BB equivalent of a nuke and destroy everything.

Anyway anyway, I think I've improved a little to be honest. I used to post pointless crap about my favourite sports team in blogs. However, I realised that nobody wanted to read that sort of crap and it was irrelevant and selfish, so I quit.....so I have improved a bit, don't you think?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Well maybe we could......
Oh you tease. You started off so well, but still couldn't thank the guy for a good suggestion Wink

I'll let you get the last negative post in though. I know the itch is too strong for you to make me look poor rather than concede a good idea when even Christer thinks so.

Wait 'even if Christer thinks so'. You hinted at this earlier. Is he god? Is his opinion automatically correct? No, it isn't and it's dumb even to think so. Christer does not play that much and needs guidance on some issues. Don't get me wrong, the guy has done more for us than any other will ever, however he is not automatically correct.

As I said, I don't think it's a good idea. Not because I want Kalimar and Christer to work on other things, I just think if you make this mistake it's your mistake not the systems. Play a game, use the system and see what you think.

As I also said though, I felt exactly the same way about auto move. I still dislike it, but I'd rather play with it. It makes life so much easier. So this might be exactly the same. In short, I don't feel that strongly, probably others feel more strongly. Yet, I've been picked out.

Also I doubt the OPs motives (not that I doubt the OP in general) I think (and I maybe wrong) it was a frustration thread, thus my face.

Conclusion: I don't think it's a great suggestion and I don't agree with Christer. However, if I was outvoted on it (if I had a vote) so be it. I don't feel strongly either way.

End of. Add it... fine, no problem, I don't overly care.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse, just drop it dude.

People don't call you anti-social over posting blogs. But please feel free to look at your (the) very first response in this thread, and you might get an inkling of what people are talking about.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Anyway anyway, I think I've improved a little to be honest. I used to post pointless crap about my favourite sports team in blogs. However, I realised that nobody wanted to read that sort of crap and it was irrelevant and selfish, so I quit.....so I have improved a bit, don't you think?

Laughing

This passive aggressiveness towards my blog posts about the Seahawks...it doesn't hurt nearly as much as you think it might. I'm self aware and can take a hint Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Oh come on, I let the goading crap from Koadah go! It's a topic I never really wanted to get involved in, but brought in anyway. I was more than happy to let it go, but others aren't. I am social, I do help, look I even did today! I do find however, that if I leave you all to your own devices you're going to develop the BB equivalent of a nuke and destroy everything.

Pfft. Get off my lawn. Wink

Get back to posting about chubby Japanese girls and life & times of the Harvestmouse. then people will love you again. Wink

As for goading. Well, that is the journeyman thread. In this thread it is more kind of hard of "does he really think like that?"

mrt1212 wrote:

This passive aggressiveness towards my blog posts about the Seahawks...it doesn't hurt nearly as much as you think it might. I'm self aware and can take a hint Wink

I didn't think that Mouse knew enough about football to post in Seahawks threads. They just make me think of Campbells Chunky Soup.

harvestmouse wrote:

Wait 'even if Christer thinks so'. You hinted at this earlier. Is he god? Is his opinion automatically correct? No, it isn't and it's dumb even to think so.

Well, more like King than God. But some believe that their king rules by divine right.

When it comes to software development issues I would guess that Christer is more likely to be right than 99.99% of people here. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone please stop biting.....

Its a fine request, it's in a to do list. It may or may not happen. /thread

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually...you know what, this really isn't worth my effort. I'm working on something, it's a pain, I don't really want to do it now and I'm thinking what's the point when I'm distracted with this jabbing crap on the forums. You're making me out as the bad guy, as I disagree with the OPs motives and the issue (but only mildly) but you keep opening it up and some of you are being unbelievably petty. Maybe it's the time of the year?

it's Done, finished, do what you want, say what you want, I no longer care or am going to get involved, you're simply not worth the time.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Also I doubt the OPs motives (not that I doubt the OP in general) I think (and I maybe wrong) it was a frustration thread, thus my face.

It wasn't borne out of frustration. I made a mistake at the start of the game and when my opponent questioned why I transferred 90k, but only spent 50k I explained to him.

After a little discussion we both agreed it might be worth posting the idea, to stop others falling into the same trap.

Sorry the thread got derailed and whether anyone believes my motives or not is fairly irrelevant, it will either get adjusted, or it wont.
 Jump to: