26 coaches online • Server time: 01:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mates

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2014 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

......The crowd roared with excitement as he ran, jumping over broken furry bodies of the Thaggoraki. The weather was grim that day. Heavy storm clouds covered the sun, only splitting for the occasional lightning. It didn’t matter to him. He couldn’t hear the thunders over the crowd’s chanting of his name, getting louder with each step he took. He quickly evaluated the situation. Storm-vermin to the right was getting kicked on the ground by his teammates, blood pouring from prolonged nose. He smiled at the sight. The rest of the opposing team was either dead, injured or knocked to the ground. His clan-brother ran close next to him to provide cover if necessary. There was nothing that could stop him from securing victory for his team. Nothing.
......And then the gutter runner caught up. Squeaky cry gave him a split second warning. ‘No time to hit back, have to protect the ball’ ran through his mind. “CATCH IT!” he shouted, passing the ball in the direction of his kin. Then, the skaven assassin hit him in the back and he fell. Before he hit his head and passed out, he saw the wet ball slip his brother’s grasp, hitting him hard in the head, little vermin grabbing it and sprinting for their end-zone….

......Mendri Morgrinsson sighed quietly. That was almost a month ago.
......He looked at the razor in his hand. It was trembling under the stern, unforgiving look of statue of Grimnir above him. Once, he had all he had dreamed of. Fame, fortune, glory and honour. He was a living legend. A walking embodiment of dwarven might. A titan amongst lesser players… A titan, taken down by a single skaven half his size.
......His hand stopped shaking
......After such a crushing defeat, there was only one thing he could do.
......As he started to cut his hair, he uttered his oaths in the ancient language of Khazalid. He spoke of his own failures, of how his team lost because of him, and how he inadvertently caused severe head trauma to his clan-brother. He spoke of wrongs done upon him, how his team fired him because of his injured back after the last match and how all his friends left him as the fame and fortune withered, and he asked for a chance for revenge. He proclaimed his grudge against all the Skaven for what they did to him. And finally, he took his oath, vowing to hunt powerful monsters wherever he might find them, purge them from this world if he can, or find heroic death in combat if he cannot.
......As he spoke the last words, he threw his hair into sacred fire. It was done. He was now a Slayer. An outcast.
......He looked to his right, where his brother Thyk was smiling happily. Mendri sighed again. The poor guy’s skull cracked open when the spiky ball hit it. Even before that Thyk wasn’t the sharpest chisel in the workshop. Now, he was downright stupid. Thyk the Thick, as he took to calling himself. At least he had his sense of humour left. Mendri was sorry to see him shave his head too, but he did fumble the critical catch, so there was no other way. Still, they had each other, and it was time to take all the monsters by storm!

......They sat down for ale in a small, dirty tavern near the temple. Ignoring the looks of everyone in the room, Mendri drank and thought about his vow. ‘Hunt monsters wherever he might find them’
......“Where the hell are we supposed to find monsters to kill!?” he shouted finally. “We’re Blood Bowl players! I don’t know where to go searching for trolls and dragons and Grimnir knows what else!”
......“Smash big guys!” exclaimed Thyk with a wide smile. “Smash them dead!”
......“Yeah yeah, I know we have to fight big monsters, but I don’t know where to start!” snapped Mendri angrily.
......Thyk didn’t seem to mind his attitude. Or anything else, for that matter. “Thyk smashed many big guy! Thyk smashed big tree even! Good fire wood. Thyk like fire. Makes meat roast.”
......Mendri looked at him with a combination of irritation and sorrow. “Yes Thyk, you did. But that was on the pitch. We’re not in the team anymore. We’re Slayers now. There’s nothing we can do about that.”
......“Make own team!”. Big smile.
......“What do you mean, make own team? You think it’s that simple?” Thyk gave him a happy, enthusiastic nod. “Alright genius, do it if it’s so simple! Get us a proper Blood Bowl team and we’ll search for our death on the pitch!”
......“At least it’ll keep you busy while I figure out where to go.” He added quietly while Thyk ran off, bellowing about “Smashing big guys, big money and big meats to roast”.

......He was woken by an earthquake. Wait. No. “Thyk, stop shaking me!”
......He looked up and around. There were empty tankards everywhere, and he discovered he was sleeping in the poodle the last one made when he knocked it over. There were pieces of food in his beard and his head hurt like he was kicked by a bullcentaur. And in the middle of this, his thick-headed brother was beaming at him happily.
......“We go smash big guys now?” He asked with the excitement of a puppy going for a walk
......“No Thyk, I haven’t figured out where to go yet.” he muttered while trying to go back to sleep.
......“We go smash big players now!” cried Thyk, now getting frustrated. His big brother was obviously even dumber than him. “Thyk make team for us!”
......Mendri slowly raised his head again to look around. There were nine dwarves standing behind Thyk.
......“This Baragor, Cranneg, Lunn called Kvinn, Rorek, Kazgar, Brondra, Sigrid, Algrim and Dimrond” introduced Thyk the bunch proudly
......Mendri blinked, taken by surprise by Thyk’s name memory. He gazed upon the sorry lot before him, sighed and nodded slowly.
......“Listen Thyk. I asked for a proper team. You brought me a bunch of whiny alcoholics, including two women who I can’t tell apart from the men and a guy who, if I understood correctly, calls himself “The Lady”.
......“That right, Lunn called Kvinn!” Thyk was now literally bouncing with excitement.
......Mendri rubbed his eyes with new-found respect for Thyk’s stupidity, then took another, longer look at the so-called “team”.
......Those three short and fat ones were useless, he could tell right away. But they might serve as hitting bags for the opposing team, at least keep them busy. The two women even looked like they might actually be able to hit back.
......He had to admit, the Ladyboy, or whatever his name was, stood taller and slender than the rest. He might be good for the ball play. That whimpy looking one too, thought Mendri. The one smelling like booze and other, worse stuff had a bearing of a soldier, and the scruffy looking one even had a glimpse of intelligence in his eye, if such a thing was possible.
......He couldn’t help it, his years of experience kicked in and his instinct was telling him one thing: He could work with these sods.
......But then, misery overtook him again. “Look Thyk, I really appreciate your effort, but there’s no way any sensible league will allow this crowd to play. And why would they even want to help us?”
......“’Cause you’re the great Mendri Morgrinsson, that’s why!” screamed one of the fatties before he could contain himself.
......“Shut up, Cheerleader” snarled Scruffy Sharpeye, as Mendri decided to call him. He was never going to remember all their names anyway. “We can join the humie league to the south, in Tilea. Those buggers cheated me out of my gold, so I have a grudge to settle. And they are so corrupt they will let anyone play as long as they get their share of the winnings.”
......“We just wanna hit stuff” declared the women. Thyk rewarded them with a loving smile which they gladly returned.
......“This good lad told us of your woes, and we wish to assist you in your journey to woo death.” Mendri gave Ladyboy a dirty look. Stupid name, and now he tries to be stupidly poetic.
......Pushing back the urge to break his jaw, Mendri stood up. “Alright, that’s all very nice. But how do we get to fight monsters in a humie league?”
......“They have orcs and skaven and marauders from the north playing as well” explained Scruffy “Plenty of monsters to kill there.” Mendri ground his teeth at the name of his sworn enemies.
......“Humies bad too, smash them Unbaraki!” roared Thyk angrily.
......“Yes…they can’t be trusted, you say?” asked Mendri, now thinking furiously.
......“Even less then elves” affirmed him Scruffy.
......“In that case, who knows…humans are weak and known to pact with the forces of Chaos…perhaps these do too. And if they do, it is our sworn duty to destroy them!”
......They all stood around him, hopeful looks on their faces. He looked each of them in the eye.
......“Very well. You, Ladyboy - how did you say it? We’re going to woo death? Then so be it. Henceforth, we shall be: Death-wooers.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

T -"And I'm Thundgrim Ironside."

B -"Lets get straight in on the action shall we, who do we have lined up for us tonight?"

Vercuso Pearls vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Miragliano Madratters vs Irrana Rangers
Alessandria Titans vs Trantine Hillz Fingaz
Vercuso Pearls vs Tobaro City Guard
Tobaro City Guard vs Irrana Rangers
Skurvy Buccaneers vs Black Company of Remas
Alessandria Titans vs Ironfist's Nomads featured live on Image

T -"First up we have the in form Vercuso Pearls against the strugging Barrak Varr Ironclads. This was a no frills, no surprises type of game as the Ironclads never really threatened the Pearls. Final score one zero to the Pearls."

B -"The Ironclads will be pleased to see Rebso Propslayer leadership skills improving after the game. And I'm sure they'll need it after going six games without a win now."

T -"Next up we have the Madratters coming off of the back of some horrific defeats against a new Dwarven team from the northern steeps of Irrana."

B -"Ah yes the Irrana Rangers it will be interesting to see how well they do. Your Dwarven brothers seem to have a hard time keeping up with the pace of Grind."

T -"Erm, give it time Barty I'm sure they'll pick it up eventually."

B -"Anyway back to the game at hand. Both teams gave a good show of things but no one was able to break the deadlock. Final score one touchdown a piece."

T -"Up next we have the Titans looking for their third win on the trot against a new Orcish team the Trantine Hillz Fingaz."

B -"The Hillz Fingaz have gone for a very unorthodox set up here, choosing to forego the use of Blitzers in favour of the weaker and sneakier Goblins."

T -"Goblins, pah. I hope this team crash and burn, as if Orcs weren't bad enough on their own."

B -"You'll be happy to know that the Hillz Fingaz didn't fair so well in this game as the Titans showed their fearsome hitting power once again. With Jerry "Rev" Harris putting in another great performance. He's turning out to be quite some player."

T -"Ah yeah, that's how you put the hurt to those greenskins. Final score two nil to the Titans."

B -"Next we have the ever impressive Pearls against the Tobaro City Guard who are hoping to continue their good run. Both teams put a great show for the crowd both running in two touchdowns each. Final score two all."

T -"That was quite some game Barty."

B -"It sure was Thundgrim. Next we have the City Guard again this time facing off against the Irrana Rovers talking to the field for a second time."

T -"A bit of a mismatch this one Barty. My Dwarven kin could really only stand there as the veteran Grind ballers the City Guards ran rings around them."

B -"Yes is was a bit sad really to see the perplexed looks of exasperation on the Dwarven faces as the Guard ran in touchdown after touchdown. Final score three nil to the City Guard."

T -"We have the Skurvy Buccaneers taking on the Black Company of Remas who are trying to earn back a modicum of self respect after their four one drubbing at the hands of the Vercuso Pearls."

B -"And that they did as they took the game to the Buccaneers, showing some of that old razzmatazz. The Black Company were just too much for the Buccaneers to deal with. Final score two one to the Black Company."

T -"Next we have two firsts for Grind Ball. We have the first ever Grudge match. As the Ironfist's Nomads look to take revenge on the Alessandria Titans after the horrific game which saw the death of Crazy Orek."

B -"And also the first televised game of Grind Ball. Which Thundgrim was sadly unable to attend."

T -"Aye, I heard it got cold up there, I was much happier at home with a mug of Bugmans in one hand and some Halfling Tobacco in me pipe."

B -"I'm sure you were. The game saw both teams spend a lot of money trying to get the upper hand. The Titans spent many nights getting in some extra training sessions and had a wizard in tow. Whereas the Nomads gave quite a wad of cash to the referees union hoping to influence the games decisions, as well as bringing a whole assortment of tricks to try and give them an advantage."

T -"Full coverage of the game can be found in a late night special presented by Barty. Let's hope it turns out to be quite a game and Crazy Oreks ghost can be laid to rest."

B -"Well that's all we've got time for folks. I've been Barty Silk."

T -"And I've been Thundgrim Ironside."

B -"I'll see you for our late night special with Grinds first live game."

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2014 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking news!
Tobaro City Guard win their first game in season.
Comment from their team captain Enrico Caldarelli was "It was just like our opponents had forgot how to block!"
The team Ogre Orso Smalldone confirmed that "The party will go on until the morning!".
Though he looked a little sore with that broken neck (!).
Eventually he admitted that: "I guess I have to drink lying down!"
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2014 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Gorazin: "Has he finally passed out?"

Sunni: "Yes. I kicked him against the head. And I whispered Jerry Harris into his ear..."

Gorazin: "Fair enough. So: What do you think? Should we have an intervention of some sort?"

Mordin: "He has certainly lost it a fair bit. He's always been choleric and let it out on us, but he's never been that pessimistic and depressed..."

Gerta: "Also, that injury has really hampered him. Maybe if he was only giving orders from the sideline, like all the other coaches do, it would do him good..."

Mordin: "He wants his revenge! I'm pretty sure he won't voluntarily leave the pitch until he caught that Harris guy and beat the hell out of him. Guess we should try to get another match against that team as soon as possible..."

Storri: "I'm really not sure whether this Grind thing was a good idea. It sounded like one, yes. But now? Orek dead, Harok dead, Sunni and the captain injured... Our men keep dropping like flies."

Vragni: "I hear ya. We hadn't had that many casualties in years of Skaven hunting..."

Gorazin: "Well, we have a contract. The Nomads will never break a contract, so we are stuck here until the end of the season at least."

Sunni: "Maybe we've just been unlucky. I mean, many of us have improved a fair bit. It's pretty good training grounds."

Storri: "Not if one doesn't survive it!"

Sunni: "Come on, it's not the Chaos Wastes, you know?"

Gorazin: "Alright then... I guess we'll just pull ourselves together for now and move on to the next match. It's those Skaven we bashed pretty well in our first encounter."

Sunni: "Oh yes, that one should be fun!"

Kazador: "Let's squish some Skaven!!"

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Season 3 Round 1
Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

B -"Tonights episode will be focused on the first round of Grind Season three."

T -"And what a line up it is Barty. Lets take a look at South East Division first."

Vercuso Pearls vs Irrepressible Quarriers
Scourge of Sartosa vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Mora Pro Asur vs Sartosa Shipwrecks
Pavona Parole Program vs Unguths Vilesons

B -"First up we have the in form Vercuso Pearls taking on the Quarriers."

T -"And what a game it was. The Pearls came out fast and the Quarriers were one nil down before they had even finished setting up. The Quarriers hit back hard taking out three of the Pearls but it wasn't enough to stop them as they ran another three touchdowns in by half time. Most of them scored by the speedy Uthaestor. The second half saw the Quarriers put on a better performance but they couldn't stop the Pearls running in a fifth and final touchdown. Five nil to the Pearls."

B -"Wow that's quite some score line. The Pearls may suffer in there next game against the Pavona Parole Program as they will be missing two key players for that game."

T -"Next up we have the Scourge of Sartosa facing of against the Barrak Varr Ironclads. The last time these two teams met the Scourge came away with a three nil victory. Will history repeat itself or will the Ironclads turn the tables on them."

B -"The game started off with some back and forth blocking. Nothing much was really happening until Rebso Propslayer was chain pushed into the crowd. Who did their best to incapacitate him."

T -"And a fine job they did too. That injury will most likely plague Rebso for the rest of his career. Just a shame it had to be one of my kin to suffer that indignity."

B -"The half finished in a stalemate but the second half the Scourge caused some early casualties and there was no coming back for the Ironclads. Final sore one nil to the Scourge."

T -"Next we have Mora Pro Asur looking to put the CAS final defeat behind them taking on the reigning champs the Sartosa Shipwrecks."

B -"What a start this game had as some poor blocking by the Shipwrecks forced Pipes to retreat unprotected into his own half. A powerful block by Elf Catcher Amyklas left Pipes needing to see the Ships Doctor. The Elves ran the ball in quickly to take the lead."

T -"I've never seen the Shipwrecks taken apart like that."

B -"It didn't last long Thundgrim. Pipes back on the pitch and with the team eager to make up for their earlier mistake they proceeded to make a hole in the elves defence and run in a quick touchdown. And minutes later they showed why they are a dominating force in Grind as they stole through the Elven defence and quickly stole the ball to run in second to go in two one up at half time."

T -"Hmmm. Something needs to be done about those pirates."

B -"The second half saw the Shipwrecks continue to show their dominance and some mistakes by Mora Pro Asur let Pipes run in another two touchdowns. Final score four one to the Shipwrecks. It will be interesting to see if anyone has got what it takes to stop these guys."

T -"Lastly in the South Eastern Division we have the Pavona Parole Program taking on the hard hitting Unguths Vilesons."

B -"The last time these two met the game ended in a draw. Could either team come out victors this time around?"

T -"Early in the first half the Vilesons lost two key players Thrasha the Cruel and Stronga Danyu to some bad Orcish blocking. I can tell you I was laughing my face off to see those greenskins flailing about like that. Hahaha."

B -"Yes indeed. The Vilesons never really recovered and the Parolees stalled out the half before running in the touchdown. The second half saw the Parolees run in a quick touchdwon before the Vilesons blocking finally picked up. Three injuries were suffered in quick succession by the Parolees but it all came to late for the Vilesons. Final sore two nil to Pavona Parole Program."

T -"We'll take a look at the games in the North West Division now."

Miragliano Red Pox vs Miragliano Madratters
Black Company of Remas vs Ironfist's Nomads
Castello Cabolleros vs Blighted Marshes Brawlers
Skurvy Buccaneers vs Tobaro City Guard

B -"First up we travel to Miragliano where the Red pox take on the Madratters battling for supremacy of Miragliano."

T -"I always love these local derbies, they bring out the best in the players."

B -"And this game didn't disappoint. The game started fast with the Ratters quickly running in a touchdown and the Red Pox quickly responded. The Ratters came close to scoring a second before the break but were denied by some good defending."

T -"The second half saw the Red Pox score quickly but not before losing two important players to some nice Ratter blocking. Some poor handling by the Ducio the Ratters Thrower almost cost them the game but a bad dodge and a good recovery saw the ball freed and the ball was finally run in by Stinky Pete to tie the game up. Final sore two all."

B -"Next up we have the Black Company of Remas against the Ironfist's Nomads who come in to this on the back of the televised Grudge Match."

T -"This was a poor game for the Nomads. Nothing seemed to go there way. And poor Harok, poor poor Harok. I don't know if the Nomads can take anymore hits like this, first Orek now Harok. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Barty you'll have to take this one."

B -"Ok... Well as Thundgrim said the Nomads did not perform well in this game. Bad blocks, bad drops and a bad bad loss of a great player. The Black Company played a good game tying up the Nomads and stealing the ball away to score midway through the first half. The end of the half saw Harok hit hard by Blitzer Luigi, the apothecary couldn't do anything to save his life."

T -"Damn you. Why? Why I ask you?"

B -"Have a swig of this to calm yourself Thundgrim."

T -"Aye, I will at that."

B -"Where was I? Ah yes. The second half saw the Black company run in a second before the Nomads finally got some luck and ran in a touchdown of their own. Final score two one to the Black Company."

T -"Ah yes I feel much better now. Who do we have next?"

B -"Next up is an all Skaven affair as the Castello Cabolleros take on the Blighted Marshes Brawlers."

T -"Rat blood just what the doctor ordered. The Brawlers started fast and managed to get in a quick touchdown after a few hairy moments. And they quickly capitalised on a Cabollero mistake to go in two nil up at half time. The Cabolleros made the Brawlers pay for the lead with lives of two worthless rat linemen."

B -"The second half saw the Cabolleros manage to get on the score sheet with some difficulty. But the talented brawlers couldn't be held back and they worked a nice touchdown to finish the game off three one."

T -"Our last game for this evenings show is the Skurvy Buccaneers taking on the Tobaro City Guard. Who are back from a rigorous training program which saw them sitting out most of the open League."

B -"The game was a pretty bloody affair. The Guard received and slowly advanced into the Buccaneers half to score near the end of the half. All there was time for was for Rat Ogre Buttelflux Snakkeflik to kill one of the Guards Blitzers in a particularly brutal attack."

T -"The second half saw the Buccaneers make mistake after mistake which allowed the Guard to get behind them and try to stall out a touchdown. A boot to the head of agile Ogre Orso Smaldone saw the stall ended as the Guards run in their second."

B -"Smaldone was reported to have a broken neck after the game. A teary fan in the crowd angered by the abuse put upon poor Orso sent a rock hurtling onto the pitch. Crushing Vomislik Skydd Buccaneer Blitzer leaving the rat with a serious concussion."

T -"If that fan would like to step forward there will be a mug of Bugmans waiting for him in the studio bar after next weeks show."

B -"The Buccaneers were not put off by the blow of losing their Blitzer and managed to get a consolation touchdown at the end of the game. Final score two one to the Tobaro City Guard."

T -"Well that's all we have time for on tonight's show. Be sure to tune in next time."

B -"Where we will see the Ironfist's Nomads and the Blighted Marshes Brawlers try to settle a grudge with each other. I've been Barty silk."

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Arrrr!

Them thar' Elven milk maids got right lucky 'n stole a quick touchdown. 'n Pipes be needin' t' see th' ships doctor right quick t' keep on playin'.

Th' lads be gettin' themselves t'gether 'n we be showin' them thar' Elves how this here game be played.

Pipes be as good as ever 'n he be runnin' in four touchdowns. I'll be buyin' his grog fer a long long time if he be keepin' this up.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

From the back of his mind, distant memories of his previous life returned to him in his sleep.

"Running. Running. So much running. The sheer violence of his assaults, as well as the pain that came with it.
That early fight. The bearded things. The beardless one. The slayer... The darkness that followed.
Only to be followed by the pain that brought him back into the light. The pain. THE PAIN!"

Roaring in anger, as he awoke from his slumber, the scent of the Dwarven creatures filled his nostrils.
Rirkz awoke with a mind set on destruction. There was a reckoning to come. There was a hunt to begin.

Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs. Ironfist's Nomads
Soon coming towards a stadium near you...

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Th' shipwrecks show off thar' amazin' talent once again.

Th' First half saw th' lads run rings around them thar' Dwarven players. Th' Dwarves claim they don't be knowin' they meant t' playin' th' ball but it be a blatant bluff on thar' part. Pipes run both th' touchdowns o' th' half.

Th' second half saw us have a harder time o' things as th' Dwarves held us back with some nice blockin'. They even managed t' run a touchdown past us by th' end.

Although everyone includin' me be thinkin' th' game be over. but th' lads stole a step on them thar' slow witted good fer nothin' Dwarves and th' lads managed t' push Little Vito in t' scorin' range. A fine pass by yours truly and a strained run saw him cross th' line with barely a second left on th' clock.

I've never been seein' such a quick touchdown in all me years playin' Grind Ball.

Me eldest wont be lettin' me hear th' end o' this now. Why she married that lily livered fop I'll never know."

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 14:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Pavona head coach Officer Franco, speaking at the press conference following their 3-4 loss to the Pearls, made known his disgust at the officiating on display during the match.

"Right from the very start the elves were at it, and the officials didn't pick up on it at all! Call it incompetence but I'm sure it's bribery. It doesn't surprise me in this league, everyone's at it, but you can at least be subtle." Spoke Franco "I mean, it's blatant! From the initial kick-off the elves are half way to our end zone before the ball has even left his foot. They caught their own kick!" He pauses, aware that he's losing his cool and facing the wrath of the TGC for questioning decisions.

"Then, after our lads have bravely battled back, they're straight at it again... several of their players have crossed the line before we've even kicked off and the ref just lets it go. Again we come back; I'm really proud of the lads. When it looks like we've done enough to go in at half time with a draw and make a game of it their coach start inciting the crowd and they storm the pitch. The crooked ******* umpire then winds the clock back and gives them more time to score. It really was a perfectly constructed display of corruption, bribery and home field advantage."

Franco slammed down the mic and stormed out of the conference room as the Cabalvision reporters bombard him with questions. It's still to be seen whether he'll face TGC sanctions for his after match comments.

I'm Des Lynchem, and this has been Cabalvision News
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sunni: "That was a mighty fine game we played there, guys! Great stuff!"

Vragni: "Indeed. We showed them we cannot only beat them up, but also beat them. They'll hate us even more! Ha!"

Gorazin: <thoroughly putting down some runes into a notebook> "Indeed, indeed..."

<Dimrond enters the locker room.>

Storri: "Good touchdown, Captain! Well played!"

Mordin: "Yarr, but why the rush, Captain? We could have easily broken some more bones there, those rats were down!"

Dimrond: <uncommonly calm> "We had already shown them. No need to take a risk there..."

<Silence.>

Storri: <whispering> "What's wrong now? That doesn't remotely sound like him..."

Gorazin: <whispering> "You're totally right..."

Dimrond: "Guys. Girls. Nomads. I've spent more time on the bench than on the pitch lately. It did suit me quite well, I must admit. It's not a pleasant thought that any pesky clan rat can knock you out of your boots."

<whispers, mumbling>

Dimrond: "...you need someone else to lead you in the midst of the brawl. I like the sideline coaching quite fine. But when you need guidance on the field, I want you to follow my dear brother from now on." <pauses> "Dwinbar, you knew you might one day have to take over. Luckily I'm not dead yet. But I want you to step in anyway! Your test of leadership starts immediately!"

Dwinbar: "As you wish, brother." <shuffles to Dimrond's side> "May I?"

<Dimrond nods>

Dwinbar: "Off to the tavern! We'll continue practicing tomorrow. The Nomads will fight their way up and win!"

All: "Nomads win! Hail Dwinbar! Hail Dimrond!"

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

"What be happenin' thar' lads?

We be havin' th' game laid out on a plate fer us by Pipes before them thar' lice ridden inmates even knew what be hittin' them.

After that it be like ye be playin' in ye sleep. Not once but twice they be runnin' right by ye. While ye all be standin' around heads in th' clouds.

Ye all be scrubbin' th' decks in ye small clothes fer th' rest o' th' week. 'n th' first man who be complainin' about heat stroke or frost bite or any other kind o' them thar' maladies will be gettin' keel hauled, twice.

We be facin' them thar' hard hittin' Orcs next. If ye don't be puttin' three past them, ye will all be back here scrubbin' decks in ye small clothes until ye children have grown whiskers."

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2015 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Lads ye be lettin' me down yet again. We should o' be havin' th' game sewn up midway through th' second half.

Pipes ye had plenty o' time t' just walk th' ball in. But ye be prancin' around th' endzone like a elven milk maid.

Ye all be knowin' me view on stallin' yet ye be wastin' them thar' Orcs time 'n my time as well, 'n it be costin' us th' win.

'n I be tellin' ye before th' game we be able t' get at least three o' them thar' touchdowns against these here Orcs.

I mean what ye all be scared o'?

Takin' a hit from them thar' big buggers?

I know Tiny be takin' a big hit at th' start o' th' game, but we still be havin' th' ships surgeon on hand t' treat anythin' serious.

Now o' with ye, I want ye all back on th' deck in yer small clothes swabbin' th' decks till ye knees are raw.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

VERCUSO PEARLS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Though it may be in the interest of The Grind Committee to curtail the amount of talent, speed, and passion that any one team brings to the pitch, it is not in the interest of the fans, the players, or this Coach. Fines and sanctions will not impoverish our spirit, recruiting restrictions and accounting audits will not confound our enthusiasm. We Just Win, Baby.

Coach "Al" Alagondûvaesh
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Season 3 Round 2

Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

B -"Tonights episode will be focused on the second round of Grind Season three."

T -"Lets take a look at South East Division first."

Vercuso Pearls vs Pavona Parole Program
Scourge of Sartosa vs Mora Pro Asur
Barrak Varr Ironclads vs Sartosa Shipwrecks
Unguths Vilesons vs Irrepressible Quarriers

B -"First up we have a cracking game. The Vercuso Pearls against the Pavona Parole Program."

T -"They sure put on a show for us."

B -"The Parolees received first but they were slow to react allowing the Pearls to get a quick advantage in this game. The game carried on like that for most of he game. Twice the Parolees fought back but they just couldn't hold them Elves back. Final score four touchdowns to three to the Pearls. All four of the Pearls touchdowns were scored by the swift Uthaestor who scored one of the fastest touchdowns I've ever seen."

T -"Wow Barty, that was some game. Next we have the Scourge of Sartosa facing off against Mora Pro Ashur. The Elves never really got going in this game as the Scourge thwarted their every move. Demon Laird impressed yet again causing a couple of Elven casualties. Final score one nil to the Scourge."

B -"Next up we have reigning champs the Sartosa Shipwrecks against the struggling Dwraven Barrak Varr Ironclads. The Shipwrecks showed their dominance in the first half as Pipes put two touchdowns past a weary Dwarven defence. The second half saw a complete turn around by the Ironclads. As they clamped down and kept the Shipwrecks at bay while they slowly made their way to score at the end of the half. And not to be outdone by the Pearls the Shipwrecks pulled an equally fast touchdown to end the game three one."

T -"These teams are getting faster and faster at scoring touchdowns. Before long we'll be seeing games with ten or more touchdowns."

B -"The last game in the South Eastern Division was the Unguths Vilesons vs Irrepressible Quarriers."

T -"This was quite a game as the Quarriers showed off some of the talent that they haven't showed for some time. The first half saw them steal the ball not once but twice to go in two nil up at half time. The second half saw the Quarriers run in a third touchdown pretty easily before the Orcs finally got the ball safely under control to run in a consolation touchdown. Final score three one to the Quarriers."

B -"Lets take a look at the North West Division now."

Miragliano Red Pox vs Skurvy Buccaneers
Black Company of Remas vs Castello Cabolleros
Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs Ironfist's Nomads
Miragliano Madratters vs Tobaro City Guard

T -"First up is the Miragliano Red Pox against the Skurvy Buccaneers who have yet to lose to a team out of Miragliano."

B -"Both teams looked eager for victory in this game as they went back and forth at each other. Both running in two touchdowns each. Shice of Black Chasm impressed for the Buccaneers as he ran in both of his teams touchdowns, he may be even faster than the Pearls Uthaestor. Final score two touchdowns apiece."

T -"Next we have the Black Company of Remas taking on the Castello Cabolleros. The last time these two met it ended with a pretty one sided victory for the Black Company."

B -"The Cabolleros really need to turn things around they haven't won a game in there last six matches."

T -"And turn things around they did. It was an impressive team performance led by the charge of Roaring Jorge who took out two of the Black Company. Final score two one to the Cabolleros."

B -"We have the ever impressive Blighted Marsh Brawlers against another struggling Dwarf side the Ironfist's Nomads. In another one of the Nomads Grudge matches."

T -"What a great game this was."

B -"I thought you'd enjoy this one."

T -"Aye, Dwarves go hand in hand with grudges as the Nomads have shown."

B -"The game was a heated battle with the Dwarves coming out on top. The game ended with a brutal boot to the head of Skaven Thrower Uglug the Black who will never walk the same again. Final score two one to the Nomads."

T -"That was quite a foul there Barty. I was proud to call the Nomads my brothers after that game."

B -"Our last game for tonight is the Miragliano Madratters vs the Tobaro City Guard. This was a tough battle for both teams as neither side could get an advantage. The Guard faired worse in the end as Lineman Amatore D'Orazio life was cut short by Ogre Bill the Enforcer and persistent fouler Ugolino Lepre was slightly criped by head ratter King Rat himself. Final score was one touchdown each."

T -"That's all for tonight's show."

B -"I've been Barty silk."

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Season 3 Round 3

Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

B -"Tonights episode will be focused on the third round of Grind Season three."

T -"Lets take a look at South East Division first."

Vercuso Pearls vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Irrepressible Quarriers vs Scourge of Sartosa
Mora Pro Asur vs Unguths Vilesons
Sartosa Shipwrecks vs Pavona Parole Program

B -"That's a great line up Thundgrim, looks like we are in for a treat."

T -"Aye, and up first we have the Vercuso Pearls who have been undefeated in their last nine matches against my Dwarven bothers the Barrak Varr Ironclads who have failed to win a game in their last eight outings."

B -"Yeah, the Ironclads have really been struggling to put together a result in recent games."

T -"And what a game they gave those pesky Elves. The Pearls were frustrated at every turn as the Ironclads nipped, clawed and scraped their way to a well deserved draw. Final score one all."

B -"That is quite the result for the Ironclads. Many had this game down as a sure fire win for the Pearls."

T -"Our next game sees the Irrepressible Quarriers take on the Scourge of Sartosa. Both teams come into this game on the backs of a victory and are looking to expand on that."

B -"It was a great game for the Scourge, not so good for the Quarriers. As the game went on the more dire it became. The Scourges Flame on the Water is really starting to stand out with two more touchdowns to her name."

T -"And the Scourges are living up to their reputation as hard hitters sending three of the Quarriers to the infirmary. Final score two nil to the Scourge."

B -"Up next sees two teams who have yet to secure a victory this season. The Elven Mora Pro Asur take on foaming mad Orcs Unguths Vilesons."

T -"The Vilesons couldn't get hold of the Elves to cause the usual pile of broken bones and lifeless bodies crowds expect to see in their games. This allowed Mora Pro Asur the freedom to score a trinity of touchdowns past the sluggish Orcish defnce."

B -"The exceptional Theras scoring two of them himself. The Orcs did manage to get a consolatory touchdown but it was too little too late for them at that point. Final score three one to Mora Pro Asur."

T -"Our last game in the South Eastern Division is the Sartosa Shipwrecks against Pavona Parole Program who are determined to put last rounds, four three defeat behind them."

B -"And what a historic game it was. The Shipwrecks were quick of the mark as swarmed into the Parolees half. Pipes stole the ball and ran in a quick touchdown."

T -"At this point in the game it looked like the Shipwrecks were a it again. But some decent play saw the parolees equalise before the half was over."

B -"There was almost time for the Shipwrecks to squeeze in a second, but some poor time keeping by their Captain saw them fall just short."

T -"The Second half saw a change of pace as the Shipwrecks were caught napping twice as the Parolees snuck in behind their offensive line cutting the team in half. And easily secured a two one advantage."

B -"They must have been practising that tactic after their game against the Pearls as they did it yet again on the next kick off."

T -"You would have thought the Shipwrecks would be wise to it by then. Final score two one to the Parolees, who are the first team to beat the Shipwrecks."

B -"That's all for the South Eastern Division, Now lets take a look at the North West."

Miragliano Red Pox vs Ironfist's Nomads
Miragliano Madratters vs Black Company of Remas
Castello Cabolleros vs Tobaro City Guard
Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs Skurvy Buccaneers

T -"First up we have Miragliano Red Pox facing off against the Ironfist's Nomads. The Nomads come into this game still on a high after winning last rounds grudge match against the Brawlers."

B -"I think they may still have been a bit drunk by their performance here Thundgrim."

T -"Aye, they were all over the place. probably should have held off sending them that crate of Bugmans until the Seasons end. As once a crate is opened us Dwarves don't stop until the last drop is drained."

B -"The Red pox put in an fantastic team performance with Ogre Drake Mendoza and Catcher Blant Ricardo putting in an impressive display. The Dwarves could only watch as the Red Pox ran four touchdowns past them."

T -"The game wasn't a complete bust for the Nomads as Dwarven Runner Sunni "Wild Thing" Solveigsdottir did manage to get a touchdown. Final score four one to the Red Pox."

B -"Next we have another of those Miragliano teams, the Madratters who square off against the Black Company of Remas."

T -"Both teams came into the game eager to get on the score sheet. Some back and forth action saw the Black Company finally come out on top securing a two one victory."

B -"Next up we have the Castello Cabolleros who are looking to expand on their first victory in seven games and they play the Tobaro City Guard who come into this game undefeated in their last six outings."

T -"Leo Vassallo of the Guard made all the difference today as he ran in two touchdowns. It looks like injury to his collar bone has not slowed him down at all."

B -"The Cabolleros tried to make life difficult for him but just couldn't hold him down. Final score two one to the Guard."

T -"Our final game for tonights show is an all Skaven showdown between the Blighted Marshes Brawlers and the Skurvy Buccaneers."

B -"Last time these two met the Brawlers ripped through the Buccaneers. Putting four past them and crippling most off their team. Lets hope they can put a better showing tonight."

T -"This was a cracking game even if it was just Rats on the pitch. Both teams ran in three touchdowns each. With Morbaag one Paw of the Brawlers and Snikee Gid of the Buccaneers impressing with two each."

B -"The Buccaneers won the blocking war which was partly due to the fact that Rirkz the Claw was kept off of the pitch for pretty much the whole game."

T -"Aye, he could have caused some damage if he had been allowed too. Final score three all."

B -"And that wraps up tonights show. I hope you enjoyed it."

T -"Join us back here next time for more On the Grind."

B -"I've been Barty silk."