15 coaches online • Server time: 03:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm... Disco Dan is looking awfully spry these days? I didn't think we potioned league teams... perhaps Touchstone can be gussied up too

Proud Member of the SWL
Redgum

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Done. Interestingly, no Flings in there after all. some teams tougher than the Ruffians too.
No matter.
Go Reptiles!

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No potions in SWL, fringe is fair game.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Redgum wrote:
Happy to take the Dwarf feedback onboard.

Aww...

#illcageandgrindwithyou

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OK… Christmas Eve,
been cooking all day and will be all day tomorrow too!!

Chavo has decided to cook up two teams which will be OK until they are drawn against each other and then we will result to IRC D6 rolls to decide.

we need 4 more teams to make 16 which will make it a nice number. So give the laggards are good kicking and I will aim to have the draw up on Boxing Day morning before the test match starts in Melbourne.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy to run two (if there's still a spot for my Dwarfs)

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well?

If I am in should I go Ogres, HE or Underworld?

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2014 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

All sound good. Whatever you think will be the most fun for you and everyone else.

I think that underworld might be good given the Right Stuff tackle rule.

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2014 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I would have put a gimmicky team in but it's hard to pass up chances to play the Lizzies - my first SWL team, so it has a special place...
Also, Tamalli is still my highest SPP player, even after playing a billion Khemri games. The Sphinxes have a couple of players on the boil that will no doubt eventually surpass him, but if I can give him the chances to play, I will.

Not that I feel defensive about putting the Lizzies in... apparently?

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2014 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Well?

If I am in should I go Ogres, HE or Underworld?

Following on from your most recent forum post:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25772

I believe High Elves should be the choice! (or Underworld 'cause they're cooler Cool )
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2014 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha ha! Might not be able to anyway. We are in the process of moving house and it is proving "problematic".

On the flip side, I have got my Khemri to the AFC Championship game in the NBFL! First time that has happened in quite a while (apparently)

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello from Waikikamukau, glad to see you have found your way here.

We have a great selection of visiting teams and some locals keen to up hold the best Kiwi Bloodbowl traditions. The pitch has been cleared of the sheep and cows, but it is not as smooth as some of the more fancied teams maybe used too and there is definitely copious amounts of dung left amongst the clover for the Flingers to Fling. Beware as ending up on the ground is not only going to get you rucked, but it is likely to be a foul experience in more ways than one.

The first round has been drawn and what a round of match ups we have.

Blackwater Blitz v Redgum's Reptiles
The 2 highest paid, star laden teams go head to head first up including a fully healed Disco Dan. Whilst both teams have losing records Arrow Shocked Embarassed one of them will definitely be a winner after what is sure to be a high scoring and potentially bloody affair.

Skye Krushars v Tribute to Alan Parsons
The "Still no Doubles" Skye Krushers have reformed to travel across the ditch after a 4 year break. They are licking their lips for a little green on green action against the Tribute lead by the stellar May Be a Price to Pay, who would be a team in himself: if he could blitz, pickup, pass, catch, score all in the same turn Rolling Eyes

Udu Widowmakers v Flingers of Filth
The Widowmakers are one of the youngest teams visiting Waikikamukau and as local brutes and snots will have to be one of the crowd favourites. They will be up against the one of the meanest halfling teams around in the Flingers of Filth, more than ably lead by Reba II, LEGEND, nuff said.

Hngri-Hngri Lizzies v Cathay Bush Cobras
Everyone's favourite touring Human side, the Cobra's have hopped on a jet plane from Nippon to visit the land of the long white cloud to have a first round match against their last opponents (1 year ago) the Hngri-Hngri Lizzies led by the amazing naca'Tamalli

Remember Failure v Yang Gang
No one is fail to remember the stinking nurglites who have a pact with Nuffle, "why settle for one STAT increase when your are allowed TWO". Ozjesting and Disaray just stink big time. Yang Gang will need to do more deflecting than absorbing in this match and we can only hope that Billy Killwater has brought a clothes peg for his nose Laughing Mr. Green

REALLY High Elves, Speedballin v Elvander
Smegish, High Elves, not much more to say here is there? Hammas Morello will be a more than able captain against their classy Pro cousins with a min max bent and the almost identical twins Aidan and Calin. High Scoring Game!!

Ook Ook v Easybeat Scramblers
SWL loves rookies and nothing can be more exciting than the sight of brand new wood elves prancing around with the Ook Ook Simyins. Jevouse is as keen as mustard and has an on and off again relationship with the RNG. The key for the Easybeats (Two, Three, Four, Five) is for Iron Root to 'feeling the beat' and tying up the gorilla's.

Round one predictions.

Redgum's Reptiles - very close game, but the CPOMB nerf may be enough to prevent High Stakes Lockwood slaughtering the saurus.

Skye Krushers - it is the Tribute v JK. enough said… NUFFLE hates us.

Flingers of Filth - the battle of the stunties is going to be a cracker…. it all depends on how many heads get cracked or boned.

Hngri-Hngri Lizzies - they won their last match against thew Cobras and should do again.

Elvander - hard to stop min maxing classy pro elfs when the Journeymen will do what any unskilled lino will do anyway.

Easybeat Scramblers - well is its Jevouse's to lose and the pressure will surely get to him and the team will result to monkeying around.

Finally….. pick good cards, given that both players will get two and the TV differences inducements could have some really interesting effects in game.

Polemarch

Last edited by polemarch on %b %26, %2014 - %03:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work polemarch, fantastic organisations and write up.

Goodluck guys.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's REMATCH time! Rest assured, the Lizzies will not let this one be decided by a coin toss, one way or another...

Meanwhile, what has coach Balle been feeding those Cobras? Be they men, or elves??

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

We be Cobras.

Count yourself lucky there's no coin in this one for us to palm.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: