88 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Xhotl Sun Gods' Kroxigor Tlaxconqua got niggled by a werewolf in the last turn our our last game. Seriously wondering what I should do.

I am basically settled that I will keep him on and let Nuffle decide. Even if he rolls a normal next skill, a Block/Guard Kroxigor is pretty damn handy. Even so, what do you all think?

What SHOULD you do with a niggled Kroxigor??

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

sack him, slann take a lot of hits and they need that guy to be reliable and protaect the rest of the team.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree, keep him S5, AV9, and Block will keep the niggle from triggering that often.

Slann have bank problems, I tend to ride some injuries out longer than I would on richer teams.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking that block made him a lot more valuable than one without. Besides, the story I am writing would want me to keep him for a game or two anyway. I agree with both of you in different ways.

Be interesting to see what others think.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A big guy is the last target for most teams, and this one has block, making him even more durable. I'd be surprised if he fell over even twice a game...

Let's assume he takes 2 armor tests a game, then, a generous number, and that the average guy who does it has Mighty Blow but no claw/PO. (A fair estimate for Ranked, right?) 1/6 of the time, his armor breaks without PO... the niggle is then relevant on a 6 or an 8 (1/6*10/36 = 15/324). 1/9 of the time, the armor roll is a 9, and the niggle is relevant on a 7 or a 9 (1/9*10/36 = 10/324).

So that's 25/324 rolls, 7.7 percent, making the niggle only relevant (converting a stun to a KO or a KO to an injury) every 6-7 games.

And honestly, a lot of the time, the difference between a stun and a KO or a KO and an injury isn't even THAT relevant. Sometimes a guy gets KOed in the last drive or stays in the KO box, and might as well be injured. Sometimes a guy gets KOed late in a drive and comes back for the next one, and he might as well be stunned. So this harms you in a substantial way maybe once every 10 games, with the krox missing on average half of those 10% of games, making the player's value approx. 95% of what his uninjured value would be.

So if you'd pay 180k for an uninjured krox with block, this one is still a good deal at 170k. Personally, I'd pay about 200k for a krox with block, probably more -- knowing that the next one probably won't have it soon or ever. Maybe even a bit more than that at low TV on a skill-light team like Slann. This is still a good player.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him until he gets injured again. He's got the skills to still be an asset and unless the opponent starts rolling fuckballs-high for armor, a niggle won't slow him down. Another injury though, and you feed him to the skinks (er, slann) in small bites after the game.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep, esp w/ 15 spp. Kroxs don't get spp very fast.

Maybe you'll roll 4,6 and be tempted to take +AV. Wink

(The real question is what to take if he rolls normals or doubles.

Guard or Stand Firm are the classics (doubly so w/ Block). Guard for a team w/ very little of it, and Stand Firm will make him even less of a Target for casual Blocks and Blitzes, and works the best w/ PT.

Otoh, maybe Break Tackle to get him away clean from killers who mark him. :/

And Dodge on doubles - Blodge to keep him standing even more, and as complement to BT next.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: