47 coaches online • Server time: 17:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Over a long season tackle-POMB solves the 'elf problem'.

I am using the right stuff prevents tackle nerf. I've ended up with goblin champs. Smile

I don't think many people will want you to make life easier for zons. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that would make Jump Up a much more interesting skill to take.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Over a long season tackle-POMB solves the 'elf problem'.

I am using the right stuff prevents tackle nerf. I've ended up with goblin champs. Smile

I don't think many people will want you to make life easier for zons. Wink

It's only one tourney but its pretty damn funny that the final for the Fumbbl Cup was Zons vs. Nurgle, with Nurgle not having the dreaded killstack and only 2 Claw and going for position skills/Movement. And it was a Box Nurgle team no less with an above average record in Box.

Things like that are one of the joys of having a really diverse set of teams at differing TV and skill counts and team ages in a tournament, a big tournament no less.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Logic and Intuition are two ships passing in the night and never the twain shall meet.

Great quote by? I googled and couldnt find it.
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an idea for a table top house rule that I was told to move here. I guess after 25+ pages you guys really might be the experts on this, so yeah, here goes:

Piling On (Strength)
The player may use this skill whenever he has been involved in a block or blitz and is standing adjacent to his opponent who has been Knocked Down. After the block has been resolved, he may attempt to flatten the prone player by throwing himself on top of him, giving him an extra chance to hurt the opponent but also risking injury himself. When using the skill, make a new armour roll for the prone player with the following modifiers: If the player who is Piling On is stronger than the prone player, add +1 to the armour roll; if the player is at least twice as strong as the prone player, add a further +1 to the armour roll. Piling On always adds a basic +1 to both armour and injury rolls, and in addition, if the prone player was already Stunned then he is completely defenceless, so the Piling On player may add a further +1 to the armour and injury roll. The Piling On player is placed prone in his own square – he is assumed to have rolled back there after flattening his opponent. If he failed to break the armour of his victim then he may have hurt himself instead, so make an armour roll and subsequent injury roll for the Piling On player with no modifiers. Piling On in your own turn will only cause a turnover if the Piling On player was holding the ball, or if he was injured. Piling On happens after the block is resolved, so no other blocking skills or modifiers are used and no star player points will be awarded for casualties resulting from Piling On.

Main effects for Piling On summed up: no kill-stacking, no spp's from body slamming, bigger risks, much larger effectiveness, effective in opponents turn, effective on strong players even as a first skill, massively boosts usefulness of Big Guys, especially the Av9 ones with extra durability skills. It's basically a whole new mechanic, more akin to fouling than blocking but connected to block actions.

This suggestion was never meant for fumbbl, I'm just looking for serious feedback as to the effects of such a house rule. My original thread was here under house rules: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25965
It's locked, but if you are interested I guess you can still read my thoughts from the original post and comment on it here. Overall, I'm guessing this house rule could mean a lot more killing, but would probably also mean a lot less pointless killing, because of the risk of permanent injury to your own players. It makes extreme bash-stalling less reliable but no less powerful.

Of course, all of this is assuming that anyone would still take the skill! I'd love to hear your opinions on this.

Last edited by Fabulander on %b %27, %2015 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
CaptainKrunch wrote:
Well of course it won't be changed in ranked or box, I'm just seriously interested in group discussion on fixes for future rule sets considering the members of fumbbl play a heck of a whole lot more blood bowl than whoever is going to end up writing the new rules and if they were at all intelligent, they would scroll through all the relevant blood bowl forums at least a bit before writing new rules. I hope.

Exactly. These discussion are good for the game in general regardless if there is ever a change made to CLPOMB or not. It is good to see all the proposed fixes to the kill stack and to see critical analysis and the disagreements made to those proposed changes.

These proposals and the critiques of the proposals ought to help people determine the best way to "House Rule" the kill stack where they can should they feel the need. This way you Table Top League can have one of the better solutions to the problem and not the worst solutions that have been discussed. It is the collective putting their heads together and trying to think of a better way.

The people that like the kill stack the way it is probably don't have any IRL friends they can play against. Wink So they don't have to worry about League House Rules for Table Top. (Just joking guys.)

Bam! Well written. Yeah, this might have been the right place for my idea after all Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Logic and Intuition are two ships passing in the night and never the twain shall meet.

Great quote by? I googled and couldnt find it.

That's some homegrown wit and witticism Wink
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure Matthew McKonnahewww said that in a film lately.

(saw Interstellar btw, it wasnt that one, but it was awesome)

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.... I had hoped for some kind of feedback in this thread, especially since I can't post my house rule anywhere else. Didn't seem to work out that way... so, umm... bump!
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think people have just run out of energy on this one. The position that it isn't going to change is clear. Most people have expressed at one time or another what they feel about it and if they are for changes what they think might be a good idea.

I think your idea is fine. It's not what I'd go for but I can see it being a fun and reasonable dynamic and not too obviously broken.

It would be interesting to see what effect it would have on the casualty dynamics as I think one of the arguments for clawpomb is to make sure that teams don't grow too fat.

So overall, it's a house rule, give it a try and let us know how it works.

Sorry you probably won't get much feedback on it, I think we're all weary of the debate.

Last edited by Harad on %b %30, %2015 - %11:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

p.s. it's also a rule which you would probably have to reread to check how it works in each case. In my limited experience the simpler the rule the better.
Flix

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

CPOMB is a very big Problem
But GW set the rules unchangeable
So a rule change wont happen

The only possibility is that Fumbbl change the rules itself.

The changes i would like would be:
Claw and Mighty Blow cannot be used simultaneous
Claw and Mighty Blow cannot be used for the Pilling On roll
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabulander wrote:
Hmmm.... I had hoped for some kind of feedback in this thread, especially since I can't post my house rule anywhere else. Didn't seem to work out that way... so, umm... bump!

We've already said it all over and over and over again.

Sorry mate, you're late to the party.

We've already drunk all the beer and the girls have all gone home.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea that bigger players add more.
Regarding injuring the PO-player, we already have a League Tournament option "Piling On player is knocked out when rolling a double on armour or injury rolls.", which is kind of similar.

I don't know if it works though..
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I think people have just run out of energy on this one. The position that it isn't going to change is clear. Most people have expressed at one time or another what they feel about it and if they are for changes what they think might be a good idea.

I think your idea is fine. It's not what I'd go for but I can see it being a fun and reasonable dynamic and not too obviously broken.

It would be interesting to see what effect it would have on the casualty dynamics as I think one of the arguments for clawpomb is to make sure that teams don't grow too fat.

So overall, it's a house rule, give it a try and let us know how it works.

Sorry you probably won't get much feedback on it, I think we're all weary of the debate.

Gotcha. Kinda sucks since it was precisely meant to be a league specific house rule, not an addition to this ongoing debate, which I agree is already deader and horsier than most dead horses. I had hoped for feedback from this crowd outside of this specific discussion, but since the rule touches on CPOMB, I can't post it anywhere else.
 Jump to: