51 coaches online • Server time: 23:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and what happened to squats? I always wondered why they got dropped from 40k.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Meanwhile, we can try to set vanilla stats for the different races:

Marine: 6449
Eldar: 7347
Ork: 5439
Human/Tau: 6338
Gants: 6237 stunty

Comments?

Well, I for one would love to get 40k universe version of Bloodbowl. But should they actually be represented in Bloodbowl format, stats and skills should match the scifi-setting.

So for starters, everything should be bigger. Base strenght for everything should be more like 7549. Orks go for strenght, say 6739. Eldar are the ultimate speeders with grace: 9558

Now the positionals need to be fitting too. By fluff and by stats according to the mayhem they create. Or the skill they possess. There needs to be more magic! Warp is mastered by the eldars, wanna see some mind eldritch storms in the pitch? Hell yeah! Wanna see the WAAAGH! form on pitch? How the Orks can field more than 11 players because... well they just do! Necrons (don't know why they would ever play with others...) who just keep coming even when they are slain en masse. Chaos princes appearing at will eating souls of the opposing space marines... converting them with ease to pass the ball to own endzone... Oh, Tyranids who just morph different stats and skills while playing. Start with blodge claw, end up with 2 heads, extra arms and very long legs.

It just needs to be over the top to fit into Bloodbowl format, in my opinion. With other things in mind than how to make space marines the coolest things on the pitch.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The only point of giving everyone st5 is to make it impossible to get 3db. Let's keep it so that the game mechanics aren't destroyed with our fantasies Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this discussion a lot, and I don't see why all the stats go crazy mental. The stats would be relative. So yes, a Space Marine would be 10/10/10/10 compared to a fantasy Blood Bowl Human lineman. But compared to a 41st millennium Ork or Eldar he wouldn't be.

Also, if Space Marines are the problem, just say make Scouts the linemen.

I've always thought it best to just equate 40K races / armies with existing rosters. For me Space Marines wouldn't be that far off Chaos Warriors - stronger and tougher, but definitely not more agile, and on the pitch that power armour would make them slow. So :

Space Marines 5439 (as a positional)
Eldar (as Elves)
Orks (as Orcs)
Imperial Guard (as Humans)

The basic linemen stats would be very similar, you'd just change some of the positionals.

I remember a 40K Blood Bowl display game at a Games Day one year (over 15 years ago). They had just modelled teams and done like-for-like translations. E.g. Eldar = High Elves. Scorpion Warriors = Blitzers (or Dragon Warriors at the time) etc.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:fortykaysleague

40kays is mine, if anybody comes up with a better name, feel free to let me know. It's more of a working title.

I think the fluff for Orks and Eldar is very strong, the other races less so. So with 40 Kays I only have a plan to do the Ork clans and different types of Eldar.

They wouldn't come from space but the warhammer world, so would be elves and orcs but with the 40k clan/aspect fluff.

I have been playing with Evil Sunz for a long time, they're fun. Speed is everything to these guys, so they wear less armour to gain more speed.

Bad Moons I will introduce next season, which isn't far away. I plan to use Shraaaag's yellow orc icons.

This team will be very rich. They'll have more money on start up, and less TV affecting how much they win. All positionals can buy AV or MA on start up. However Bad Moons would never be lowly linos, so they are goblin (grot in 40k) helpers.

Blood Axes are very cool, however to start with there's a problem with the name. There is already a Dwarf Dungeon Bowl Blood Axes.

That aside the theme is easy. They've copied the Imperium. So these are orc players, but human positionals. Catchers will have exactly the same stats. So it's an Orc team without blockers, but with catchers and an ogre instead of a Troll.

Goffs are very war orientated and actually this idea has already been taken into blood bowl with Da Def Skwad. I'm not sure where to go with these, I might not even look at them for years. Frenzy maybe their niche.

Snakebites have a lot of crossover with savage orcs and forest goblins. They certainly employ a lot of goblins. Again with these warpaint replaces armour.

Deathskulls are quite treacherous and I'm not sure where to go with these. Most definitely on the back burner for quite some time.

Eldar

There are 3 areas of Eldar. Guardians that are basically linemen. Harlequins, that have a wealth of positionals and will be very strong. Lastly Aspect Warriors.

Guardians There have been some very cool Guardians and paint schemes for them in the past. I'm not sure they'll be a team (probably an option) or/and the linos for Aspects and Harlequins.

Harlequins{/b] have lots of leap here, plus some strong sturdy centre with Death Jesters. Plus a wealth of other positionals. Everything will be prices on the expensive side.

[b]Aspect Warriors
are very complex. In Eldar society, each elf in his lifetime has many vocations. However Eldar try to control their lust for killing. (Basically the god Khaine has had too much influence on these fellows). When they cannot control a single passion they tend to get caught in one aspect of their career life i.e. being a warrior (Aspect Warrior). These become very accomplished and single minded killers.

One thing that happens with aspect warriors is they become stuck in their trade. This suggests not being able to move or....being able to skill.

Still not 100% sure what I'll do with these, however I'm thinking to split them in their cast and having 3 positions. Guardians, Aspect Warriors and a super positional Exarch, however the Exarch is so stuck in his position he cannot skill.

Doing some research I see that the original 6 Aspects have been doubled! I may not use all (if their naff).

For me there is very little well designed out side of Eldar and Orks. Nurgle Marines are cool, but translated, their just Nurgle. Squats have some good fluff and looks but I have no plans for them either. The rest is a no go for me and BB and wouldn't be included in 40Kays.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe:
(By Knut_Rockie)
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Design a whole new game called Space Bowl, imo
Bigger pitch, guns + jet packs + flyers + bikes

Can I have a rough version on my desk by Monday please Garion

thanks
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My word, most of the people posting in this thread seem to be serious.
Well if you really want sci-fi in a ball game try Dreadball (though I hear that is more akin to basketball/hockey with the high speed). Going down this path with BB leads to madness.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are Tyranids so slow?
buuface

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

hahah. worst thread ever
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Space Marines 6 4 4 9 90k GS

Kill all mens!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:

same speed as marines, isn't that slow for gants. There was that other leaping gant (hormagant?) which could be

6237 stunty, claw, leap, sprint, very long legs

hence a little bit faster and more mobile than the regular creep

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
RedDevilCG wrote:

same speed as marines, isn't that slow for gants. There was that other leaping gant (hormagant?) which could be

If you're gonna build this you need to set aside your glaringly obvious bias towards some races....

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
RedDevilCG wrote:

also, classic hormagaunts only had scything talons and no hands, so you could add "No hands".
deyempe

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent Idea - loving it!

+1 everything Joemanji wrote.
 Jump to: