37 coaches online • Server time: 17:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Honkie

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Started a few weeks back...seemed to coincide with the new FFB app... tried uninstalling AVG. Dont think it changed any but that was the suggestion but no help. Kryten suggested I look at my java log and then post here to see if anyone could help. getting blood bowl withdraws so bad i have been playing AI in cyanide!!!

Java Web Start 11.31.2.13
Using JRE version 1.8.0_31-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Demon
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
Connection closed: 1006 - Connection timed out: no further information
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:569)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:538)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:372)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.FantasyFootballClient.startClient(FantasyFootballClient.java:164)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.dialog.DialogAboutHandler.dialogClosed(DialogAboutHandler.java:7Cool
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.dialog.DialogAboutHandler$1.run(DialogAboutHandler.java:67)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.doSelect(SelectorManager.java:628)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager$1.run(SelectorManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to know what is causing the hangup. Here are some things to try, in no particular order:

*) Uninstall *all*instances of JAVA again, reboot, then re-install latest version.
*) Make sure there are no windows that are opening in the background, such as security promps and whatnot that you need to say yes to.
*) Open up any firewall/antivirus stuff you have and see if anything related to JAVA or FUMBBL is being blocked.
*) Make sure you are logged in to FUMBBL (refreshing the page should do it). If the client takes a while to download and you are logged off the site during that time that would be bad, though that doesn't seem like what is happening here.
*) Make sure your internet connection is stable. You could try joining IRC and seeing if you are constantly being booted off, for example.
*) Make sure the client says it is version 1.2.5

What happens to your client when you try to run it? Do you get the green splash screen and see the pitch? Here's what my client shows when I spectate a game:

Code:

FantasyFootballClient Version 1.2.5
Connecting to fumbbl.com/78.66.212.6:22223 ...
Connection established.

It seems that you aren't getting anywhere near that point?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the ides. I will try hard wire instead of wireless. I get the FFB window with the green start screen and then the start window goes away and it says cannot connect to server.

i cant connect to IRC either. though I hadnt tried to connect to IRC in a long time so not sure they are related
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to be either ISP issue or more likely IMO some firewall or anti-virus software blocking. What OS? On some Macs sometimes you have to manually allow third party java programs, but I'm not a mac guy so I'm not 100% sure what to do about that.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, for not clarifying I am on a windows PC. I have been out of town on vacation for the last week. I turned off the windows firewall completely and uninstalled AVG still doesn't work. It really seems that it quit working with the new client update is that possible?

What would an ISP problem solution entail?

this is my java log with every thing firewall and antivirus uninstalled disabled...

Java Web Start 11.31.2.13
Using JRE version 1.8.0_31-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Demon
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
Connection closed: 1006 - Connection timed out: no further information
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:569)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:538)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:372)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.FantasyFootballClient.startClient(FantasyFootballClient.java:164)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.dialog.DialogAboutHandler.dialogClosed(DialogAboutHandler.java:7Cool
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.dialog.DialogAboutHandler$1.run(DialogAboutHandler.java:67)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.doSelect(SelectorManager.java:628)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager$1.run(SelectorManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you also uninstall all versions of java? It looks likd you have the latest version installed, but it would be worth trying to start fresh and then watching the security promts carefully

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I did uninstall all older versions even though I had previously been avoiding it because I didnt want my FFB client to stop working...once it did i tried going with the lateest
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm no expert so I hope someone else can help! The only thing that comes to mind is that it sounds like something is blocking this specifically. Checking browser settings to be allowing third party java apps (specifically: the FUMBBL client), OS internet security settings, firewall software (or a router if you are behind one)... I'm guessing that somewhere and for some reason this got labeled as a threat and until you find out where and undo it it will probably be blocked. A better man than I might be able to troubleshoot, but my advice is: pull out and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. Wink

By that I mean that re-installing your OS is one way to wipe any settings that are not to do with your router, though that seems extreme. Wink Good luck!

EDIT: Obviously looking in all the places that could be blocking you would be the step before that, but it seems like that is not an option or you would be doing it already. It is hard to talk someone through that via the Internets.

Last edited by happygrue on Feb 09, 2015 - 00:21; edited 1 time in total
Honkie

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2015 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

oh so we have gone from application not working to xenomorph infestation...
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Honkie wrote:
oh so we have gone from application not working to xenomorph infestation...

Affirmative!

Try some of this:

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

New update:
brought a work laptop home and it also does not connect to server...

Gonna have to try the connection at my office tomorrow to confirm if it connects at my office or if it really is my router/network/interweb connection at home but that would be surprising because it it did work before
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably your ISP blocked the ports. If it works at your office you'll have to give them a call.
Honkie

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright so I brought a work laptop home and it also would not connect to server but it does connect at work so is that something to do with my ISP and how would that have changed???!!?!?!?

Blocked your ports? what does that mean?
Honkie

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Solution found.

My wife changed the security settings on the router firewall and forgot. We talked about it and she thought she didnt change anything even though she did log into admin and poke around but I just logged in and adjusted the firewall and it works now. No need to nuke it from orbit. Thank you for all of your help
 Jump to: