25 coaches online • Server time: 09:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Carlo_Pellegatti wrote:
The most useless and boring topic of CRP era!

I have to say, a question just popped up in my noggin.

What is the most exciting and cutting edge of Blood Bowl evolution topic under CRP?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Carlo_Pellegatti wrote:

I have to say, a question just popped up in my noggin.

What is the most exciting and cutting edge of Blood Bowl evolution topic under CRP?

Something that isn't just crying about dead pixels.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Looking back on LRB4 "we" were so naive and idealistic in those days of our youth. With the lessons learned under CRP we missed out.

Claw+Razorsharpclaws+PileOn= Total domination and OP of titanic proportions.

But in those days we were so scared of the DP, we fondled our pixels to much.

IF under LRB4 those teams who had 2 or 3 C/RSC players added PO and did it every turn. Guarded their downed killers and defended them to the max. Oh, it would of been glorious carnage of the highest order.

To bad we cannot go back in time.

Then we would of had the C/RSC/PO combo thread.

I did not play on FUMBBL during lrb4 but I would think aging would have kept these killer teams in check. Especially considering the old virus....I saw that kick a few teams in the butt in our TT league.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, aging would probably stymie elves(wardancers) too, since they level so fast.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

To me aging was a pain in the butt when your 6 SPP guy aged (we ended up starting the aging roll at 31 SPP's in our TT league) but it really makes a lot of sense. You see this in real-life football teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Carlo_Pellegatti wrote:

I disagree, sir.

Is it useless? Yes, in the sense that Christer has made it very clear that no CPOMB nerf will ever happen in R/B.

BUT

It is not useless in the sense that this thread give coaches a place to vent, scream, yell, come up with crazy ideas and just go nuts...You do not want that invading other topics on the forums, trust me.

Is it boring?

Yeah, sometimes, eventually some coach comes around and contorts us into a pretzel of logic on how his idea will totally reform Blood Bowl under CRP and restore balance in the era of CRP. Which is really funny, if you think about it.

Thank you for supporting my theory Very Happy
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Except that ageing represents time. SPP's and improvement rolls represent experience. So on any team, whether they are immortal elves, rotting zombies, dwarfs human or Skaven (I don't know why, I've always assumed the rats don't grow to be very old...) you have linemen that stay forevver young, and stars who age rapidly over the same number of games. I guess the point is that learning makes you old, so just don't.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 21:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

But if we get ageing then the number of blog posts about FUMBBL heroes like Stick Steve would become all the rarer...

/sadface
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys forget that Ageing, yeah, a pain...but we now know how to min/max CRP sytle...No more worrying about VIrus, bah...You fire any player with 6+SPP...the only skilled players you have are the C/RSC/PO guys and maybe 2 DP wing men...all the others are rookie level.

So if you min/max the TR...Virus becomes a non issue. That is also assuming your killers have even failed ageing rolls.

Shocked Very Happy Surprised

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
But if we get ageing then the number of blog posts about FUMBBL heroes like Stick Steve would become all the rarer...

/sadface

I agree...we need more players like Stick Steve running around the pitches.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about LRB4 and the KILLER combo of global BLOOD BOWL domination.

You take RSC as the first of the doubles not claw. You take MB/PO as the normal skills. When you roll the second double for claw and in essence waste the MB, it does not matter.

Snap, MB/RSC/PO...need to number crunch, but that might actually be at the same level of the current chump CPOMB under CRP.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Lorebass wrote:

/sadface

I agree...we need more players like Stick Steve running around the pitches.

I'm trying but those damn Nurgle make it hard
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ageing is probably the only logical fix but is pretty unpopular. Of course a big reason why is its horrible implementation when it was tried. If you made it based on # of matches instead of SPP it would be more palatable.

A while ago I posted a proposal for a new Ageing rule based on Galak's thoughts here if anyone's interested. Basically it boiled down to rolling a d6 per player per match, if you beat your EXP score (or roll 6) then EXP+=1 and SPP+=1, and if EXP>6 roll Ageing. Ageing Roll is 2d6+EXP, and the worst you can get is Niggle on the table. Definition of Niggle would probably also have to change (personally I prefer Niggle=worse injury rather than Niggle=more likely injury, but anyway).

Waste of time, yeah I know.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ageing could have worked if it had peaked them instead of injuries making them pointless.
Could have called it something else and fluffed it up as not everyone has the same potential.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Ageing is probably the only logical fix but is pretty unpopular. Of course a big reason why is its horrible implementation when it was tried. If you made it based on # of matches instead of SPP it would be more palatable.

A while ago I posted a proposal for a new Ageing rule based on Galak's thoughts here if anyone's interested. Basically it boiled down to rolling a d6 per player per match, if you beat your EXP score (or roll 6) then EXP+=1 and SPP+=1, and if EXP>6 roll Ageing. Ageing Roll is 2d6+EXP, and the worst you can get is Niggle on the table. Definition of Niggle would probably also have to change (personally I prefer Niggle=worse injury rather than Niggle=more likely injury, but anyway).

Waste of time, yeah I know.

Horrible, just horrible. What you are suggesting is a nerf to the perpetual nature of FUMBBL and it would damage all teams, not just clawPOMB teams.

Any talk of bringing back ageing is ridiculous. These coaches are looking in the wrong part of BB for a fix, unnerve DP or refer to my blog for my suggested fix(es)