27 coaches online • Server time: 01:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Who won the vote?

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Who won the vote?

WhatBall wrote:
3. It will be done when it is done. There is no time line.
Wink
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2015 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Why aren't these guys under consideration?
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Because they're far too strong. Interesting idea though to have 2/3 (definitely not 4) non-stunty leaping blitzers on the team, but then a modified "Zapped!" roster seems like a better fit.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

familiars!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think he's talking about the idea rather than that exact roster. A lot of design work would go into all aspects of any team that was chosen.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
DrPoods wrote:
Who won the vote?

WhatBall wrote:
3. It will be done when it is done. There is no time line.
Wink

and

WhatBall wrote:

1. This not a completely democratic process. In the end I will have to make a decision to add (or not add) a new team to Stunty Leeg. I will take all input and and weigh the crowds' leanings, but it is not a straight up vote.

Actually after rereading the OP, and after some thought and idea on the matters (without wishing to try and make myself louder than anyone else, I wish to review my thoughts.

Firstly, I agree with all that Shadow says, and it is important. I'd suggest that anybody who hasn't read the design rules recently should do now.

The only points I disagree with (well not disagree, but Stunty has moved on since then) are:

3) design ideas must be complete rosters, from a-z
that includes everything from the players, to rerolls, to skill access, etc etc etc...

I think maybe just the opposite. If the idea is a winner, we can work together on the rest, and probably a combined effort (or putting talents to best use).

and to a point

6) no custom skills
while they're neat, and there's some good ideas that come out of them, the league has enough client coding required to get it up to speed, i have no desire to add more to the list that could cause a backlog in more important things...

I don't think number 6 is necessarily beyond the realms of possibility now. However of course, use your common sense here.

So after rereading Whatball and Shadow, what I would most like to see for the next roster, is something brand new.

My 3 ideas at the moment are:

A non stunty skilled lino
A resurrecting team (that maybe resurrects a player that cannot be bought)
A team where each player (or nearly all) have slightly different stats

The 5 concepts I like are:

Bray Herd: Probably number 1. It brings the Mino back, which is good for 2 reasons. 1. Stunty is about the big guys too. 2. We can tinker with the Chaos Spawn.

I also think Ungors would be the opportune roster to try non stunty skilled linos.

Moulder: I'd really like to see this one, the problem is that there are 2 other Skaven rosters already. More problematic are the linemen and some really weird positionals. Bring the Rat Ogres into Stunty is important I think. I'm also not sure what original skill we could put on them.

Familiars: Ok this was my suggestion (although evo came up with it before me), however I'm getting more and more into the idea. One of the best aspects of this roster is that there is a lot of scope. Familiars do not have stats, so they're a blank canvas. They could meld with many other of the roster ideas (boggles and wizards spring to mind)

They also could take on the 'each player is slightly diffierent' idea. The strongest points I think are my ideas on the secret weapon and big guys (Seesaw, Jabberwocky, Cockatrice are all totally different to anything else), plus the look of the team. Anybody who adored GW late 80s/early 90s would know what I mean.

I think the adaptability of this team is also a strong point.

Cursed Company them Again this is more of an idea than a roster. Taking the RoR Cursed Company theme of skeletons that leach the skeletons off their foes.

The idea is cool, and would work well in Stunty. You could have a resurrection theme, also the individual lineman them and also an idea (that may not work) a resurrected player that is different to players you can buy. This would encourage killing/collecting impulses.

Athel Loren Fae: As I've said, I think the idea needs to be worked on a lot, the name for starters. However I totally forgot we left the door open to an Atheloren Fairy style team. As we did, I think this needs to be considered. Again, it brings back the Treeman (ok we already did with Pro Flings) but as a Woodland creature.

Honestly I think this is a lot of work, but there's a great idea here.

Again, not wishing to be 'I'm louder than you'. Just reviewing my thoughts and ideas after some time and now I have a definite 5.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 13:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Cursed Company them Again this is more of an idea than a roster. Taking the RoR Cursed Company theme of skeletons that leach the skeletons off their foes.

The idea is cool, and would work well in Stunty. You could have a resurrection theme, also the individual lineman them and also an idea (that may not work) a resurrected player that is different to players you can buy. This would encourage killing/collecting impulses.

After the last time you mentioned this I worked on adding the concept into the Effigies roster. It's a perfect fit with the fluff, and something I suggested earlier in the topic but didn't think it was within the scope of Stunty Rosters at the time. Is that something like what you were thinking? It's 4 posts from the end.

I think ideas like this work better as a wider team concept (like a necromancer creating undead) rather than a Cursed Company who are a very specific unit to base a team around (IMO anyway). It's been done both ways though. The Underworld and Nurgle teams were I think both borne out of individual teams in the fluff (the creepers and rotters).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the concept of different resurrected players would be very difficult. However here is a situation where maybe we could have some custom coding. In that Stunty and Big Guys can be resurrected (and rotted for the Nurgling roster). However, I personally don't think we could see custom resurrecting outside of Custom League (where the Comish could administrate it).

If resurrection was popular, it's something we could ask Whatball and Kalimar. (Stunty/big guy overrule for resurrecting and rotting).

As for comparing the rosters:

The Cursed Company are living dead that are seeking revenge. They didn't want to become skeletons, but now they are they seek revenge on the living and make them live with their torment.

Yours has popular horror movie feel to it. I'm thinking Candyman? I'll post my thoughts on your thread. However I will say:

I love leather face, I'd vote for him becoming a stunty star right now. I'd do a new body though, right now he just looks leather. The head and his character, are perfect as is.
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

The 5 concepts I like are:

Bray Herd: Probably number 1. It brings the Mino back, which is good for 2 reasons. 1. Stunty is about the big guys too. 2. We can tinker with the Chaos Spawn.

I also think Ungors would be the opportune roster to try non stunty skilled linos.

Moulder: I'd really like to see this one, the problem is that there are 2 other Skaven rosters already. More problematic are the linemen and some really weird positionals. Bring the Rat Ogres into Stunty is important I think. I'm also not sure what original skill we could put on them.

Familiars: Ok this was my suggestion (although evo came up with it before me), however I'm getting more and more into the idea. One of the best aspects of this roster is that there is a lot of scope. Familiars do not have stats, so they're a blank canvas. They could meld with many other of the roster ideas (boggles and wizards spring to mind)

They also could take on the 'each player is slightly diffierent' idea. The strongest points I think are my ideas on the secret weapon and big guys (Seesaw, Jabberwocky, Cockatrice are all totally different to anything else), plus the look of the team. Anybody who adored GW late 80s/early 90s would know what I mean.

I think the adaptability of this team is also a strong point.

Again, not wishing to be 'I'm louder than you'. Just reviewing my thoughts and ideas after some time and now I have a definite 5.

I'm a firm believer that the teams should belong in the Warhammerverse and that the details of the rosters can be worked once a good concept is decided upon. With that in mind my top 5 are:

1. Chaos Dwarf/Hobgoblin Daemon Engines. Firmly planted in the Warhammerverse. Also gets bonus points for utilizing Blood Bowl style humour by parodying the coaches who want non-stunty players in Stunty Leeg but then using the Warhammerverse background to create an intentionally designed stunty team filled with fun contraptions. Very meta!

2. Familiars are high on my list. Again firmly in the Warhammerverse. My love for this concept is largely due to the fact that I loved old familiar miniatures. They were some of my faves. If there could be some way to play up the United Sorcerers' Familiar Legion (another classic BloodBowlism that plays on an old obscure american football league). But that just may need to be a Did You Know piece, or my Familiars team name when they get added. And with all the diversity of familiar miniatures to seek inspiration, I'm sure a good original roster could be developed especially if there could be a way to give them special access to magic items (like 40K magic item cards or them to purchase permanent rostered draws from the magic item deck).

3. Brays as they are also another concept that is firmly grounded in the Warhammerverse. A little skeptical of their true stunty nature, but I think we could design an interesting roster based on ST 2 non-stunty Stunty Leeg lineman. They could certainly add something unique.

4. Moulder. No debate about their fit in the Warhammerverse. A chance to finally get Rat Ogres into the Stunty Leeg. A little wary about adding yet another Skaven team, but if regular BB can have 4 elf teams, why not 4 skaven in SL? Just hoping that something interesting other than the Rat Ogres is in the roster. Bonus points if you can fit an X-Files joke into their background.

5. Phantasms. Ghosts have been in the Warhammerverse forever. They seem very unconventional to have something ghostly playing BB. Some would say bordering on the illegal. And if it's to illegal for normal BB, they should find a welcome home in SL?

With such strong concepts, I really don't see the need to add something that doesn't firmly fit in the established Warhammerverse. Sure I think something like a Circus team would be cool. Interesting mechanics, interesting background, but too much a stretch to fit in the background of Stunty Leeg. So, I'd rather hope we go with one of these contenders first. Once we've exhausted the best Warhammerverse teams, then we should think about adding all the other cool teams that don't quite jive with the already established background. But sadly, that will probably be several years down the road.[/list]
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see something Undead. The Undead halflings look the best to me from the choices though I would prefer not to have the secret weapons. Instead a mini Golem or wight option.
That said I am new to stunty on Fumbbl so have little experience to go on.

What I really want to do is run a table top stunty league & use the Impact deadlings.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Any new updates on where this process is currently at Whatball

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Why aren't these guys under consideration?
Granted, they all have 1ST, but a whole team of Dauntless players in stunty could be very scary. One assist (and a good Dauntless roll), and any of their basic lineman would have a 2d block regardless of the size of the opponent.

Then they have Four 3ST players with G and S access? Yikes! These guys would slaughter a lot of stunty players fast, especially with that tail making dodging away from them that much more difficult.

On top of that, they also have a ST6 MB, Break Tackle big man.

Yeah, sign me up, I'd play that team in stunty, they'd be able to slaughter most competition with ease.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 01:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Any new updates on where this process is currently at Whatball

Everyone said that the Effigies were the best team and they'd get added, then we all just agreed and stopped talking about it. Honest.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Still working on some things. Patience. Smile