15 coaches online • Server time: 03:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I am looking for the opinion of Vampire coachs (and also of coachs that want to join this discussion).

As you can see I am rebuilding Never Date Before First Bite after 4 of our 5 legends died or retired.

I have now two basher vampires and two very fast ones, plus a 5th rookie one. Once I will buy a couple of thralls to replace the ones that died last game TV will be really high, as you can imagine.

So, what do you think is best? Playing with 4 Vampires or sticking to 5? It's not only about TV but about bloodlust as well. I have only 4 reroll and one pro, so this is risky.

In my idea Ginger and Margaret would take care of hitting hard, while Terence and the Count O'Driscoll would manage the pass-and-rush game. The rookie Vampire, Ian Strigo, I would like to develop in a defensive ball stealer with strip ball, wrestle, diving tackle and maybe leap.

So, 4 or 5? if you have your opinion and you want to share it thank you.

have a good evening
LucaAnt

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Copy and paste this https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=648205

And watch some replay too Very Happy
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

6!
Because; have you seen the 6th icon?!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

What Carlo said + this ! https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=644044

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
6!

Every time I play with them!
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also interested as to whether 6 is viable. I know it's accepted wisdom that 4 is optimum, 5 is pushing it, and 6 is suicidal - but has anyone tried 6 and what were the results?

I figure Blood Lust is I am going with 4 to start and add one, then another when everyone has Block and Pro and run with 6rr.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop cherry picking so much with them and then I'll be able to give you some advice.

gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
I am also interested as to whether 6 is viable. I know it's accepted wisdom that 4 is optimum, 5 is pushing it, and 6 is suicidal - but has anyone tried 6 and what were the results?

I figure Blood Lust is I am going with 4 to start and add one, then another when everyone has Block and Pro and run with 6rr.

I ran with 6, which allowed me to actually use the team's strength better. For attrition reasons, you have to have periods of running with 4, simply to bank cash.

bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the more killer you have the more reliability you need. If you want to steal the ball, and score quickly, then you can (and should) have more.
Vamps are very bad at attrition games, as they have built in disadvantage which causes loss of players most of the games. The more you have the more often you lose in attrition.
As you have 2 killers, I would stick to the minimum, which is 4 in your question.

Last edited by bghandras on %b %01, %2015 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The difference between your team and the successful Vampire teams is that you didn't gain +AG or +ST. It's easy to become successful if your best positional(s) rolled +ST.

By the way:
What's up with your record against Norse: 14 games played: 0/2/12? Shocked
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Roland wrote:
6!

Every time I play with them!

Very Happy
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
The difference between your team and the successful Vampire teams is that you didn't gain +AG or +ST. It's easy to become successful if your best positional(s) rolled +ST.

By the way:
What's up with your record against Norse: 14 games played: 0/2/12? Shocked

Barring Amazons who have blodge blitzers and dodge, any team with a lot of AV7 and no skills runs the risk of a blowout against Norse. Vampires needing thralls just compounds it but it is uncanny.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd stick w/ 4 until you have Pro on at least 3 of those. Over 8 Turns, 5 vamps is potentially 40 d6's chasing "not 1's" before they even act - Pro makes all the diff on Vamp teams.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
CroixFer

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I run 5 vamps when I can. All of them skilled if possible. At least 1 or 2 pros if they do not roll stats.
Thralls as much unskilled as possible. Dp And kick are a must though.
Keep it 3 rrs And still you will have high TV but you can do good major runs. In my opinion, that is
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it really better to have Rookie Thralls than to have Block/Wrestle on everyone but five (bec. 3x LOS, 1x to be biten and 1 Dirty Player)?
 Jump to: