39 coaches online • Server time: 13:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I started an icon for him, but he's extremely difficult. Fortunately, Whatball has done a perfect shaped head for him with another icon. So I have a 3/4 done version of him.

That said, unless it's in my best interest I won't be uploading to FUMBBL anymore. It's just not worth my effort. So by request only.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic summary Roland. Great to see it, and the icons from Cowhead, Whatball and Harvestmouse are excellent.
For the stars from BB Compendium 3 I was involved with creating such as Thundershout Gristlegnasher, Sharproot and Slugglutton Deathspike the prices are way too low (particularly these stronger players). They were costed in the days of 180K Griff and 190K Morg.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

We had a power outage last weekend of around 5 hours & I happened upon my BB Mags. Was fun to read through the star lists there. Nice list. Great work on the icons too!

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Fantastic summary Roland. Great to see it, and the icons from Cowhead, Whatball and Harvestmouse are excellent.
For the stars from BB Compendium 3 I was involved with creating such as Thundershout Gristlegnasher, Sharproot and Slugglutton Deathspike the prices are way too low (particularly these stronger players). They were costed in the days of 180K Griff and 190K Morg.

Yeah these ones should be separated as well as they aren't official. Also the star player pricing guide should be used for them. PM me if you need it.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think many of those forgotten 3rd ed. star players are official. Though they are in GW publications.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That is just all kinds of awesome. Great job Roland and everyone else involved.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx guys, was fun digging them out. I haven't played with them myself, since I started playing BB ~ LRB 1.3...

Garion wrote:
Yeah these ones should be separated as well as they aren't official. Also the star player pricing guide should be used for them. PM me if you need it.

Really? I thought they once were official since they were published by GW? which ones come from compendiums can be derived from the document at the bottom of the page.

Regarding the formula, yeah I'd like that, PM coming. Though I think I've done it right, but sometimes it has been a little arbitrary. For example Rhamaket ended up at 270k which I thought was way too little so I added 100k because it felt better.

garyt1 wrote:

PaddyMick wrote:
...Thundershout Gristlegnasher looks like he's worth more than 200k
what a beast

Yes, I'm well aware of that. As you can see, stars Basher through Sookitomi (atm) have been recalculated, but I haven't had time to convert them all yet, more to come! (and then I need to rerecalculate if my formula has been way off...)

Garion wrote:
I think a few of them need 2 versions mind. Like djorak sureclaw should have a 2nd ed version as well. When he is 7338 catch claw etc... And greaser geargrinder has had 3 different versions, one was st5 blocker type another was a runner type . So still some work to do Smile but it's great nonetheless.

For this list, I've tried to keep the stars as of their latest state as possible, because I think that the iteration of playtesting must have made them end up were they should be. But if you want I could add another list to the page. (Though, with that philosophy, Griff still don't have leap, but that's another story...)

I know the Greaser from BBmag 12, I had it on the page for a while, but I think that one must have just been an example of the bionics rules of that puplication?

Chavo wrote:
Would love to see the Dwarven Cannon get Bomabdier, HMP & Throw Team Mate.

Also, didn't Thrudd go to a random dugout at the end of a drive?

Yeah, the cannons, killdozers, pump wagons, doom diver catapults and so forth is not finished yet.

If only the client worked more like a PBeM client, most of the special rules would be possible then...

PaddyMick wrote:
Doom diver catapult could do with ttm and hmp, stand firm and secret weapon and drop cost to 80k imo

blocknroll wrote:
Rasta Tailspike should prob be eligible for Skaven, Underworld and Chaos Pact. Good work btw

noted, thx

@KhorneliusPraxx: nice mini for reference!
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The official star players were published in - 1st edition, 1st edition death zone, 2nd edition star players and the handbook, dungeon bowl, 3rd edition, 3rd edition death zone, 3rd edition star player hand outs ( these were documents you could pick up in store). The bb magazine 1 and 2 had official star players as well, but when bb magazine 3 came out every thing in bb magazine 1 and 2 was made unofficial and declared house rules only. Every thing in bb magazine from 3 and on was also house rule stuff only except for the rosters that were made official in their respective lrbs: first 1.1, then 1.2, 1.3, 2, 3, 4, 5, CRP.

The star players in the compendiums and fanatic magazines were all unofficial, the ones in the compendiums were almost all taken from fan articles submitted to citadel journals.

Personally I would count the 4th edition star players as official (bb mag 1 and 2). Even though they were very short lived.

Hope this clears things up for you. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No, compendium or journal doesn't necessarily mean it's official or was official. The other thing you need to remember is the experience level back then. You had people writing stuff that quite frankly would be 130 CR level coaches here now. Which meant, somethings were official one week and binned the next.

The game has moved on massively. I also look at some of the 3rd ed translations of the 2nd ed stars, and they're way off.

Not that this is in anyway controlled by Roland. Massive credit to you for creating this, it's awesome.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The official star players were published in - 1st edition, 1st edition death zone, 2nd edition star players and the handbook, dungeon bowl, 3rd edition, 3rd edition death zone, 3rd edition star player hand outs ( these were documents you could pick up in store). The bb magazine 1 and 2 had official star players as well, but when bb magazine 3 came out every thing in bb magazine 1 and 2 was made unofficial and declared house rules only. Every thing in bb magazine from 3 and on was also house rule stuff only except for the rosters that were made official in their respective lrbs: first 1.1, then 1.2, 1.3, 2, 3, 4, 5, CRP.

The star players in the compendiums and fanatic magazines were all unofficial, the ones in the compendiums were almost all taken from fan articles submitted to citadel journals.

Personally I would count the 4th edition star players as official (bb mag 1 and 2). Even though they were very short lived.

Hope this clears things up for you. Smile

Ye, thx for the clarification, I did not know this.

harvestmouse wrote:
No, compendium or journal doesn't necessarily mean it's official or was official. The other thing you need to remember is the experience level back then. You had people writing stuff that quite frankly would be 130 CR level coaches here now. Which meant, somethings were official one week and binned the next.

The game has moved on massively. I also look at some of the 3rd ed translations of the 2nd ed stars, and they're way off.

Not that this is in anyway controlled by Roland. Massive credit to you for creating this, it's awesome.

I can imagine the creativity of the authors Very Happy some of the stars are just 'meh' others are 'WTF! HOW COULD THEY ALLOW THIS' Very Happy *cough* again Rhamaket *cough*
But I like that there's depth to this game, stories and fluff and history of course.
Still, some stars would fit perfectly to buff tier 3 teams in CRP. Warmglow Vindaloo for example, would be perfect for fling teams, that hasn't got that magical +AG fling yet.

For the OP stars, they sure need to be playtested and balanced (pricing firstly) for CRP. For the not so good stars, just keep them for the fun of it! This game should be a funny fluffy game, not yet-another-board-game...

I decided not to translate any 1st or 2nd edition stars myself because I don't know those rules at all and the difference from 2nd to 3rd edition is huge imo.
Wether Toms and Guus translations are good, I have no idea. I'd love if anyone, experienced with those rulesets, took a look at them again and corrected any errors.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Warmglow Vindaloo was actually a great player, as he had luck 3. This meant he had 3 personal rerolls. That's extremely hard to replicate.

He also had AG 5 or maybe even 6. He was very difficult to stop.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well Warmglow Vindaloo was actually a great player, as he had luck 3. This meant he had 3 personal rerolls. That's extremely hard to replicate.

He also had AG 5 or maybe even 6. He was very difficult to stop.

oh, yikes! I've only seen the 3rd edition one and that one looks good enough to be playable! Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunted Stoutfellows were always competitive in my 2nd ed league, and that's purely down to Warmglow. If you could protect him, he was practically unstoppable.

MA7 AG6 +2 on catch and luck 3. You don't get a hit on him, he'll score.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This is really amazing. I never knew about those star players before today.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
This is really amazing. I never knew about those star players before today.

Very Happy
 Jump to: