42 coaches online • Server time: 19:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What team is WhatBall bringing to the Exploding Cup III?
Albion Fae
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Gnoblar
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Horrors of Tzeentch
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Nurglings
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Pygmy
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Skink
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Skryre Slaves
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 44

mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 23:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tempted to try Pygmy myself. It's them or Gnoblars this year I think

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It's about time the world came back around to us!

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2015 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The Zlatlan Zeal are en-route to the tourney.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The Zeal should be playing their first match today at 1600 BBtime against some Goblins from the Finnish wastelands. Come cheer on or boo the team you helped pick.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

OOOoh I hope you'll come to regret this poll! Wink
Good luck & have fun!

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be worth noting that Fae got second. Honestly, I might not have taken them had I remembered that TTM was removed from the Fenbeasts (I "remembered" in my game Sad ). That is really massive IMO, since they tend to be outnumbered a lot and the beasts are slow enough that they aren't going to be moving a cage down the field unless the opposing coach rolls out the red carpet.

Just a thought. Maybe Fae next time? Wink

EDIT: Anyway, good luck with the pygmys!

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Game on!

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

First game is in the book. A 1-0 loss.

By the game report, it looks pretty even all around, didn't feel that way on the pitch. Tough start for the team. The Krox really need to get their stuff together.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Second match completed for the Zeal. A 1-1 tie this time out.

The Zeal were miserable to start, with major Krox fails throughout the game. We caught a break late in the game to tie it, but it was a struggle. Two points from the game struck me:

1. There was a turn in T5 or T6 of the first where a Pump Wagon drove itself off the pitch, but did not cause a turnover in the client. What is the ruling on this? Is it a bug or is that the rules? It really cost me a lot, as after it went off, I lost 2 players and had the ball trapped on the same turn.

2. I was actually surprised that Jaguar Warriors have no dodge skill to start. Caught me me off. Any Stunty player named after a Jaguar, not having Dodge, seems really poor. Not as if the team is overpowered at all.

Glad you all chose Pygmies for me, I admit spending little time looking at them before, because I| avoided playing with or against them forever, because I couldn't stand no side view icons.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 16:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I very nearly went with pygmies, but was put off when I read their strategy guide which recommended talking dodge first on a few positionals. Until then I hadn't noticed they didn't have it!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

As a pygmy fan, I actually like some positionals not having dodge, as it creates some difficult choices.
Personally I think the jaguars are fine without dodge as they can become formidable players. I also always take block on them first and then dodge at 16. Though it would be a nice buff to the team. But do the stats say that they need a buff? I wouldn't call pygmies overpowered, but they're already a good (as in strong/weak) team.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The client is correct, WB. A player being pushed or moving into the crowd isn't a turnover unless they are holding the ball. Obviously, that's never the case for a B&C. See p7 of the CRP, listed reasons for turnovers, point 1.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I too avoided Pygmies due to the icons. However, now that they exist I've given them a go and am currently 5-1-0 with the chubby little rascals. They're very fun and versatile.

I too don't like that the Jags don't start with Dodge, but I'm not positive they need it. You just have to be more careful with them (as well as the Eagles, which fortunately DO have dodge).

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Exploding Cup is here again. I took Pygmies last year and both played them badly and rolled miserably (that is my story).

What do I do this year? Take the runner up choice the Fae? Or something else on the list I have not played? Let me know...