53 coaches online • Server time: 18:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The Karond Kar Corsairs

Karond Kar, known as the "City of Despair" throughout the world, is where most of the captives are brought following a slave raid and it is the main home of the Corsairs and cut-throats that feed on the suffering of other races.
Karond Kar is a particularly appalling sight when seen from the sea as those slaves who are caught trying to escape are hung from the walls, their limp bodies enchanted to live out their last few hours on this earth forever.
Karond Kar houses some of the largest slave markets in the world. Those slaves that look strong enough are trained to become warriors, bodyguards and even trainers of the dark beasts that reside in the surrounding swamps. The very best are forced to play Blood Bowl in the giant coliseum in the centre of the city as the ruling elite’s teams battle it out between themselves. Any slave taken to Karond Kar has no chance of escaping and are bound to die horribly in such a cruel place.
The Corsairs themselves are the ruthless seaborne raiders of the Dark Elves. They ply their bloody trade on every sea and ocean of the world, travelling far and wide. These warriors also sell their services of battle to aspiring warlords who wish to raid towns and coastal settlements.
Corsairs are celebrated among Dark Elf society for their daring and drive to gain riches and glory despite the risks. One of the best ways the Corsairs have discovered to earn fame and glory is on the Blood Bowl pitch. They return after years of raiding, often with enough slaves and plunder to establish themselves as princes and new Blood Bowl team owners.
On the pitch Corsairs arm themselves with viciously serrated and curved swords. They also equip themselves with barbed nets and grapples in order to capture escaping victims.

0-16 linemen 6348 GA SP 70K
0-2 Runners 7347 dump off GAP S 80K
0-4 Assassins 6347 shadowing, stab GA SP 90K
0-4 Slavers 6348 prehensile tail, tentacles GA SP 100K

What do you think?

Last edited by The_Great_Gobbo on %b %25, %2015 - %14:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not touch this team, but hey, am obsessed with witch-surfing. Maybe somebody else would enjoy.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the fluff! Doesn't look overpowered to me as they would struggle without any block or dodge to start. Pretty dependent on their ability to stab & hold players in place - a team effort.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Concept's nice. I'd rather make the assassin make sense as a player, than just make him 0-4. For instance by either giving him MA7, or lose shadowing (and gain jump-up, sidestep or leap).

I like the slavers, though I think I'd lose the tents. Maybe prehensile tail + tackle, or prehensile tail + shadowing (8 shadowing starting roster!)? I like that they don't start with block or dodge, and that they can spam tail on a starting roster.

Jump to: