15 coaches online • Server time: 02:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hbgs

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This team has these two players awaiting skill selection:

This Storm Vermin who rolled plain old doubles for 2nd skill, already has +AG

and

This linerat who rolled the magical 5-5 for 3rd skill, already has MB and Block

I was going to turn the linerat into an extra killer on the team, hence claw or PO should be obvious - but to me, the distinction as to which is better, isn't (obvious, that is). Is Claw better than PO with MB already, or vice versa? Why? And surely nobody would advise I take the MA instead ...

As for the SV, I really am torn between making him an agile clawpomber (who doesn't love them?), or taking Dodge ... convince me? Not to mention there are plenty of other choices given mutations are available, I'm willing to listen to anyone with credibility and a credible argument. What say you?
Harad

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You should retire them all.

That they keep drawing and destroying my pro elves and vampires has nothing to do with it.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take Dodge on the Vermin. That fits great with +AG and makes him even more mobile. Personally, I'd make him a supporter with Guard on his next skill, able to reach the position he's needed most. Depending on your style of playing, Tackle, Stand Firm or Fend are decent options for a further develpoment.
I wouldn't build him as a killer as you already have one +ST/MB/PO Vermin. So you probably want to blitz with this guy or your Strip Ball Gutter anyway.

For the Linerat I'd go for Claw in a BB team. I know, pretty uninspired, but ... well ... it's the obvious choice in the box.
madvig

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i would claw them both, now that it is the box. Dodge could be an option to make the AG more usefull tho.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge then Guard for the vermin.
Claw for the linerat.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think dodge on the AG4 blitzer is as close to a no-brainer as it gets. Claw is tempting, but you already have an attrition blitzer and a ST3 blitzer who can dodge away from contact is a nice thing to have.

As for the linerat, that's a strange player you got there. Since you went outside the box and took mighty blow, I suppose you should probably take claw. I think I would have been a lot happier with a block/dodge/guard guy, but to each his own.
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the derpiness level .. if you'll click po 'yes' no matter what you're better of with po stat wise.
Against av9, pomb would remove (ko/cas) the opponent player 31.5% of the time vs the 31.3% of mb vs av7 .. and obviously ratios get better if your opponent is av8 or av7 to start with.
That said I'd most likely still consider guard on him.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would choose claw on both players: the vermin can get MP and PO, and the lineman already has MB.
Being able to have more player than opponents on the pitch with a skaven team is a huge advantage.
 Jump to: