42 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
AG2 Tree - Yay or nay?
Yay
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Nay
78%
 78%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 78

Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm having a stupid kind of day. Smile

I just rolled 11 on a rookie Tree on a rookie Halfling team. Is it worth giving him the +AG? He's got no other skills and it doesn't seem like it would make a huge difference to me.

Of course, normally I'd be foolish to turn down a +AG, and this is probably one of those cases, but I also figured I might as well take Break Tackle for the same sort of effect.

Thoughts?
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Since agility no longer helps TTM and it certainly does not help him dodge...pass on it.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

skip
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you plan to get him to the top of the Treeman scoring/passing/completion lists take it (losing alot of games in the meantime), otherwise don't bother.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

AG 2 is an awful bloat, please don't even ask such pointless questions. Laughing
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nej
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It certainly helps with dodge. You dodge on a 4+ if there's no TZ, which increases the odds not to use Break Tackle, allowing you to dodge twice per blitz, and take down that bloody BC hiding behind a screen / cage.

I would definitely skip it on a rookie tree (and for that matter, I would keep retiring that tree until he rolls a double), but saying it's useless...

Yeah, sure, here is your TV bloat. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
please don't even ask such pointless questions. Laughing

Yeah, sorry for being so stupid and not as pro as you.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
If you plan to get him to the top of the Treeman scoring/passing/completion lists take it (losing alot of games in the meantime), otherwise don't bother.

This is the only reason why you'd get a +AG tree, really. Sub-suboptimal build in order to get a weirdo achievement.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As said earlier, no it's not.

Half of the coaches on the site ain't expecting a blitz into a standard cage after 2 GFI already, almost none are expecting the same tree to dodge twice. And that happens way more often you may think with a tree like the one I've linked.

As for giving the ball to a tree... It's not necessarily to score with him and get on the top list. What do you do when your team is decimated and you have to last a few more turns to secure a win/tie? You stay still with a fling and wait that a TPOMBer sends him to the SI box, or you try to give it to the AG6 blodge monster on a 4+? What do you do when you have to advance and have absolutely no way to cage or screen the ball carrier? You pray for quad skulls or you give it to the tree, who, hopefully, will hand it over to a fling in time?

Again, I'm not saying he should take it: that would be a waste on a rookie tree, but on a skilled tree, yeah, that can be damn effective.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

Ranked teams are not meaningful in my book, sorry.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Kam wrote:

Box teams are all the same. At least you get some variety and interesting tournaments in Ranked. In the box, you get what? Cpomb versus Cpomb and sometimes who regenerates better?
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Kam wrote:

And your expertise with flings (not to mention AG2 trees) is? Could you remind me how many games you've played with flings?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Zzzzzzzz.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

TheThinkTank wrote:
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm having a stupid kind of day. Smile
Thoughts?

There is no such thing as a "stupid question" - but those are the easiest to answer. Wink

Skip it.

He's "never" going to want to dodge (that doesn't use Break Tackle), the odds of him getting Ag 3 are thin, and Ag 2 doesn't make him... much of anything. Which all means a normal skill is more valuable.

So, yeah - unless you're so bored with normal Trees that you're going for a truly obscure record player (Ag 3 Tree passers/scorers/interceptions, etc.) - nah.

MattDakka wrote:
AG 2 is an awful bloat, please don't even ask such pointless questions. Laughing

Even with a smiley, that's pretty rude, and sadly elitist. If the question isn't worth answering, then just don't. Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: