32 coaches online • Server time: 00:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
AG2 Tree - Yay or nay?
Yay
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Nay
78%
 78%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 78

Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
TheThinkTank wrote:
Didn't think this would become so hotly discussed.

I've already taken Guard. Laughing

Such a shame...all the potential down the drain all in the name of saving 20TV.

I wasn't doing it to save TV at all. I took it because the poll was overwhelmingly in favour in not taking it by the end of the day.
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So in the spirit of FUMBBL threads you could have annoyed most people by taking AG, so much potential wasted Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Kam wrote:

Yeah, sure, here is your TV bloat. Wink

Ranked teams are not meaningful in my book, sorry.

And your expertise with flings (not to mention AG2 trees) is? Could you remind me how many games you've played with flings?

We can play a mirror match, same roster, so you can check my expertise personally, not with farmed Ranked teams. Very Happy
Playing in Ranked with halflings is actually quite easy because you can cherrypick clueless opponents.
By the way, what about showing your great expertise with Halflings in Black Box?

pythrr wrote:

Don't worry. Matt is a notorious annoying person.

Pyhtrr on the other hand is Mr. Nice Guy of the forums. Very Happy
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You know, the reason why I'm not playing in the box is not to have to play against a**holes if I don't want to.

And nope, I won't play against you with flings, as dice would take too much importance in the game. Even a rookie can be lucky enough to win a stunty game when Nuffle is on his side. But now, if you wanna get crushed by any regular team, I will happily humiliate you on the pitch - that shouldn't be too hard.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

how did a +ag tree end up being "box men have hairy chests and big dicks"

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
You know, the reason why I'm not playing in the box is not to have to play against a**holes if I don't want to.

And nope, I won't play against you with flings, as dice would take too much importance in the game. Even a rookie can be lucky enough to win a stunty game when Nuffle is on his side. But now, if you wanna get crushed by any regular team, I will happily humiliate you on the pitch - that shouldn't be too hard.

Whenever you want, any team you want, same starting roster in League division.
We can play a series of games, like 10 halfling games or more since 1 can be won for lucky dice.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You know, if I wanted to play against the same abject coach 10 times in a row, I'd be playing in the box...

No. One game with the most forgiving race so dice won't steal the show. That would be dorfs I guess, but feel free to propose something else.

I would have proposed to have something at stake, like retiring one of your teams if you lose, but unfortunately, you haven't played any enough to make it worthwhile.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No problems for me, btw I sent a PM, let's talk there to avoid spamming the thread.
Smile
cdassak

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
No problems for me, btw I sent a PM, let's talk there to avoid spamming the thread.
Smile

/aah
Razz
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Smile

/aah
Razz

+1 /aah
GRUDGE MATCH!
Don't deprive us all.
Time/Date Question

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
cdassak wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Smile

/aah
Razz

+1 /aah
GRUDGE MATCH!
Don't deprive us all.
Time/Date Question

Today Sat March 7th 14:00 server time
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I am eating this up with a spoon. MOAR! MOAR!
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well, well...

I have to admit my reaction towards Matt's behaviour could have been more mature, and of course the debate Box vs Ranked is ridiculous (yes, there are pickers in R, yes, there are jerks and/or minmaxers in B - so what? We all now there's only one division for real menz: Stunty Leeg), but as expected, I've just crushed him in the best training scenario for a fling coach: 11 linos, 0 rr.

The most important thing when you coach flings is to know when you have to play super-conservatively, and when to take risks. That unforgiving scenario is the best training for that. And Matt didn't pass the test.

But it doesn't even matter. Because some coaches with a lower CR or win ratio can give great advices. Especially when we're talking about flings. And because trolls ain't here to help, but to troll.

- Kam, Rookie Fling coach

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

First you wrote this:
Kam wrote:
And nope, I won't play against you with flings, as dice would take too much importance in the game. Even a rookie can be lucky enough to win a stunty game when Nuffle is on his side.

then you act like a pro for winning just 1 match that was a dicing.
I should have refused to play 1 halfling match only without rerolls, and I didn't score for a failed GFI.
Next time I will offer a best of 3 challenge, my fault.
Very Happy
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Excuses, excuses...

How many blocks have you thrown? How many 3d blocks? How many fouls?

And how many 2d blocks have you failed? How many dodges have you failed?

End of topic, for me. Just one last advice: you won't become a better coach if you're blaming the dice instead of looking at your own mistakes.

Jump to: