44 coaches online • Server time: 16:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eusebio

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to do that? In Box especially without playing against higher TV´s after game 15 and 30?

thanks
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Only possible in league & only during NAF events atm I believe, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Eusebio wrote:
Would it be possible to do that? In Box especially without playing against higher TV´s after game 15 and 30?

thanks

Why? If it is non-progression is should stay in [L].

I think it would be cool to have a resurrection tournament with really high TV teams. Boxed or Ranked. Although this would probably overly favor those picky picky elves in the 220+ TV range.....
Eusebio

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Why?

Because I like to play low TV and rookie-teams. non-progressing teams would spare me the beauty of making new teams every time Wink

I dont see your point in "if its n-p it should stay in L". Or do I overlook some kind of interference with a ranking-mechanism of n-p teams?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont see the harm, assuming you have 1M gold crowns, then create the team and fill in a checkbox stating (No Progression).

The result is that you would have a rookie team, with the same stats forever. It is not a client issue of course, but site.
Eusebio

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

some official statement? Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a reset button that sets a team back to it's "submit for approval" state but keeps the team record.
Existing players would be retired and replaced by clones of your original rookie players.

That way you could play your 10, 15, 30 games or whatever then restart without having to recreate the team, reload your images/bios etc.

Maybe add an option edit the player names so that you could have Bill VI. Wink

Edit: The last time I looked on average Fumbbl teams only played around 5 games.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Given that you always have to option of creating a new team, and there's (afaik) no rule that states you have to play more than one match, you'd think it would be an easy choice. I for one wouldn't mind just resetting some of my teams. However it seems to me that non-progression teams and progression teams have different philosophies and goals, that doesn't mix very well.
You are probably better off getting Christer to make it available as an option in [L]eague, and get together with some likeminded people to play non-progression league/tournaments.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, resetting teams please! I hate how team names are locked once they're made.
Eusebio

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaag, the goals dont get in each way. Progressing teams can go they way and would only face npteams early on. So for a pteam it doesnt really matter what kind of team the other one is.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2015 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to have a reset option. At least that'd prevent me from using up team names when I restart a team. Like now my new team got totally diced in its first game, and is now weaker than a rookie team, so I'm just going to make a new one. It'd be faster for me, and less database (and team name using) if I could just reset it.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2015 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
[I think it would be cool to have a resurrection tournament with really high TV teams. Boxed .

I really like that idea... although format would have to be a minor since it's restricted.. but it could be fun..
deffo gotta be box tho where development is worth something..
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2015 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
How about a reset button that sets a team back to it's "submit for approval" state but keeps the team record.
Existing players would be retired and replaced by clones of your original rookie players.

That way you could play your 10, 15, 30 games or whatever then restart without having to recreate the team, reload your images/bios etc.

Maybe add an option edit the player names so that you could have Bill VI. Wink

Edit: The last time I looked on average Fumbbl teams only played around 5 games.

Average is so meaningless here.
 Jump to: