33 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arcane257

Post 5 Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So I recently started a new welf team and went the tree, 10 linos start. After 2 games my team looks like this http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=151094. My question is what to buy from here?
I think skillwise the next lino who gets a regular skill will be dodge so I can get a reliable floating assist. The guy with 4str needs block badly. But besides that not sure whether to keep loading up on block or get some dodge so I can have more reliable floaters.
Thoughts and advice?
Thanks
arcane
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

For what you next buy, I would suggest a wardancer. They are expensive, but they really provide a spark to the team, both on attack and defence.

As for the linos, I normally say block first on all of them, but one or two dodgers as you say would give you more versatility, and is probably the way to go.
Moxy

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy rerolls first while your TR is low and when you are making good money. Then get a catcher followed by 2 war dancers. That way it gives you a chance to level up your line elves. War Dancers are not needed in the beginning as they tend to win games for you yes, but in return they hog all the SPP needed for the linemen to get better. Besides WD's are great as they are and will always have a place in a well developed line elf team.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree...catchers I see as spp hogs, while WD's are blitzers of choice lending great overall assistance. Catchers can do, what, score? Maybe get an assist here or there? I generally wait on catchers til very last.

Get your third rr next, then a single wardancer, your 4th rr, 2nd wd/thrower, 5th rr, THEN catcher. That's the order I go in my woodie teams. Generally have a decently good record with them, too...until injuries and/or aging catch up to me. But that's a different thread...

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

keep loading up on Block...just take Dodge as a second skill for a lino who makes it that far. I'd get a couple more Rerolls next, while the linos skill up further, to tame TR and make you more competetive at your lower team rating. Then start in on the positionals. I'd actually reccomend a good thrower very first thing, since any lino is a cabable receiver. Catchers and War Dancers are a must, but they will skill up uber fast once you have the cash for them.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Commandment # 35: Get thee a kicker! With WE's speed, defense is all about kicking into an inopportune corner and swarming the ballcarrier in the backfield.

As far as expenditures, I'd say save up for a wardancer. Then another RR and the second WD (whichever order you prefer). Follow that with catchers and throwers as you like.

As far as skills, Block and Sidestep are the normal first picks (and don't forget the kicker!). I've started to skip over dodge lately. By the time you get a team up and running, there are so many tacklers it doesn't seem as useful.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge is always useful, unless you pick dwarfs as sole opponent, and no WE does that.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd get the third reroll asap.