39 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10511865

Okay, so I had to show off.
in 6 games, this player has 4 MVPs, and no other SPP
He's managed to roll doubles and +ST

So, I do have a question for the masses. If he manages to survive, how should I develop him assuming he gets normal skill rolls from here out? I mean, obviously his next skill should be block to help keep this him standing and guarding, and creating math problems on blocks. But beyond block, I'm not sure how he should develop.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get no more gifts from nuffle I think he gets: Block, Tackle, Strip in that order and then you run out of general skills worth taking so have to take something terrible like pro or frenzy or fend.

If you get some dubs I'd take MB then Dodge.

What else would you want to do with a S4 guy? Sure Hands and Sidestep to make him a ball carrier?
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Any time I get a +ST I usually make them a hitter or a killer in order to clear the way, so I say go Block-pomb.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann have 4 Blitzers w/ GAS access - no need to hope to build a killer out of a lino when you are guaranteed up to 4 if you want them. St 4 is nice, but the Blitzers can Blodge, and maneuverability (and survivability) are handy for any killer.

Block next, then Tackle. Pro'ly Fend after that, but only b/c it's the least sucky of the remaining G skills.

(St 4 Frenzy is great, but not on a Guard - Guards go a diff way imo.)

On more doubles, I'd first go Dodge to help keep him alive and standing, and to make your St 4 Guard that much more mobile and reliable, then Sidestep for the crowning skill combo.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
(St 4 Frenzy is great, but not on a Guard - Guards go a diff way imo.)
My dwarves would beg to differ in regards to guard on a frenzy. My Troll Slayer, plowing through your line on a two hitter and quitter is still assisting on additional blacks even if he fails to put the opponent down. If there's anything playing a dwarf teaches you, it's positioning your menZ. Frenzy on a guard makes him useful even if he only manages pushes.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. If it weren't for the guard, I'd say wrestle, tackle, frenzy, pro (and cross your fingers for a +AG). Beat up ball carriers all day long.

With guard, I guess block, fend, and doubles for dodge isn't bad.

Block sure hands is also still an option.

Jump to: