45 coaches online • Server time: 00:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

just a quick question as I don't find an answer in TFF forums...

When rolling a Perfect Defence on the Kick-Off Table, are you allowed to swap players from your bench with players on the field?

Sure, there are only very few circumstances where you would want to do such a thing but imagine you would want to...

I actually don't know how the FFB client handles it, as I never tried to do so.

Here's the rulebook text:
CRP p. 19 wrote:
Perfect Defence:
The kicking team's coach may reorganize his players - in other words he can set them up again into another legal defence. The receiving team must remain in the set-up chosen by their coach.​

This might indicate that you would not be able to:​
CRP p. 11 wrote:
SUBSTITUTES
A coach may not substitute fit players for injured players or players that have been sent off while a drive is in progress. The only time that a coach may add reserves is when setting up after a touchdown has been scored, or when setting up after half time or for overtime.

What do you guys think? How does the client handle this?

Kind regards

Wizard of the electric sort

Last edited by Electric_Wizard on %b %29, %2015 - %21:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
w8lifter

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Only the players on the pitch at the time of the event roll can be moved around.
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well ok. But why? How did FUMBBL decide that this is the way how it is handled?
krytie

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

TheElectricWizard wrote:

This might indicate that you would not be able to:​
CRP p. 11 wrote:
SUBSTITUTES
A coach may not substitute fit players for injured players or players that have been sent off while a drive is in progress. The only time that a coach may add reserves is when setting up after half time or for overtime.

What do you guys think? How does the client handle this?

The above quote would also suggest you are not allowed to sub in players after a TD :p Clearly not the case.

I know from playing experience that the client does allow you to field any team from those players available for the drive. One particularly interesting fact is that the PD result happens After scatter and after a player with Kick has used his skill to affect the result ( ! )
As such the client allows you to move the Kicker to the LoS or Widezones, or more shockingly sub the Kicker right off the field!

I tend to not change my lineup when rolling PD, only move around the men already on the field, as I feel this is the spirit of the rule. Other players can do as they wish, though I've never seen an opponent make subs (maybe i wasn't watching closely enough!).

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh damn it. I quoted it wrong, sorry. It is now edited in the first post.
 Jump to: