36 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Go on Brainsaw. Knock yourself out.

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25152

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It's funny how an topic about Elves is turning into a CLAW POMB thread, when 2 of the 4 elf teams are immune to claws. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, there is no Elven team that is imune to Claw, and defenitly not to mb/po. I assume you are familiar with Trees Kam?
Leilond

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not funny, it's perfectly understandable.
At least if you want to understand WHY when coaches like me, when want to play a "rush and pass" match, pick in ranked instead of apply to [B]... and my [B] record is much better than my [R] record Wink

If you don't want to understand WHY, I cannot understand how you can find "funny" something that you're not bothering to comprend

Elf (or skaven and the like) aren't "the tournaments owners", thus, I've some difficulty to comprend why this picking is a problem for someone. It's not unbalancing nothing... on the opposite, it's the only way to balance a bit the number of game played against some races, because if I do not pick in ranked but accept instead the ten basher match request as quick as they arrive, I'm sure I won't play vs skaven or elf or slann, NEVER

Again, it's a matter of playstyle
If I want to play vs a basher, I pick my skaven and darkelf team (or my chaos if I want even another match type... I usually apply all of them and let the scheduler choose) and apply to the box. If I want to play vs an agile team, I look for it in the gamefinder

Soooooo simple.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
And what other Criteria would be meaningful for Evaluation, if not a Concepts or Races Ability to win several Games back to back as given in a Major Tourney?

Easy one.
The win% in which the games are mostly played on Fumbbl
so in respective order R, B, L and eventually Tournament Cool
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Leilond: What?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
@ Leilond: What?

Sorry, probably my lack of english language skill

The discussion is going to the pomb argument, because that spam of POMB is the reason that move coaches like me to pick in ranked
So, if you discuss elf picking elf, and you want to comprend why elf pick elf, you have to talk about the spamming of bashers, that are 2 on 3 in the box

Thus, talking about me.
When I want a good game against a random basher, I apply all my teams to black box, and 80% of the time I get what I asked for
When I want a good "rush and pass" match, I pick in ranked (failing miserabily, as my better [B] record demostrate)

Thus, if you want to comprend why I pick, I've to talk about the too many POMBERS out there
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate playing against elves witg elves, meeting bashers is so much easier.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw used Claw to split the races, not POMB. Everybody can have POMB.

And the majority of coaches don't pick (just) because cPOMB is an issue in perpetual leagues, they pick because:

1) They care about their players.
2) They want easy games.

My Orc team didn't have a single PO and couldn't find games except against Orcs/Dorfs/Cdorfs/Chaos for instance.

And as for the second point, it's obvious. I generally put my Flings and a couple of regular teams on GF. Sometimes I play a little game: whenever someone offers a game to my flings, I offer a balanced game in return. And I do mean balanced. If someone offers a game with his zons for instance, I'm not gonna offer a game with my dorfs in return, but with my own zons. 90% of the coaches refuse.

And that's my point since the beginning. Picking too much creates a toxic environment in R. Your actions have consequences. In my case, the consequence is one fling coach who used to play against pretty much every race (some less often than others I have to admit, but still) - which, I believe, was cool for the site - almost doesn't play anymore, because understandably, I'm not gonna play against people olny looking for a cherry who will never return the favour, or even just play a balanced game against one of my regular teams.

Now, I'm just one guy, and it doesn't matter what I think or do. But I have the feeling I'm not alone in that situation. And that's a situation the cherry hunters have created. So when I read that people are actually proud of picking, nope, I can't stand it.

I do understand you like to play some types of games better than others. But Ranked is not your private toy. Again, the way you play (note: I'm talking in general here: I haven't watched or checked your games) impacts the environment, and creates a toxic one. But the great thing with FUMBBL is you can still play as you want, you could even play against yourself if that's what you're after. The place for that is called "League".

EDIT - And to be fair, I must add the picking is generally inversely proportional to the CR. Of course, some Legends are cherry-pickers, but the majority doesn't refuse games looking fair.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Kam's flings throw the best after game parties. Totally worth it even if one of my frogs was paralyzed from the neck down. He'll get over it. They'll never get over that amazing guacamole though.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. I hope you've enjoyed the frog legs. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Yup. I hope you've enjoyed the frog legs. Very Happy

It felt wrong but tasted so right. Laughing
Leilond

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
I do understand you like to play some types of games better than others. But Ranked is not your private toy. Again, the way you play (note: I'm talking in general here: I haven't watched or checked your games) impacts the environment, and creates a toxic one. But the great thing with FUMBBL is you can still play as you want, you could even play against yourself if that's what you're after. The place for that is called "League".

And again a reply, if I want a nice "pass and rush" game I HAVE to pick. There's no way to have, every now and then, a good elf vs skaven, or skaven vs slann match, if you don't pick

As you can see if you look at my matches, I play sometimes in Ranked and sometimes in black box, depending on what type of match I want to play
If you want a less "toxic" environment in Ranked, you have to make a less toxic environment in black box.

The two environment are strongly connected. I love the box, I love the idea, I love the concept. But there are 5 bashers every 6 teams, and every now and then I need some different match types. It's not a matter of win or lose (I win more in the box than in ranked), care of pixel or not. It's a matter of getting bored to match dwarf, then dwarf, then Chaos Dwarf, then Chaos Pact and so on, so on, so on... for 10 games without a damn elf or skaven, or slann, or other DIFFERENT teams
It's a matter of DIFFERENTIATE. I pick in ranked because it is THE ONLY WAY I'VE TO PLAY, every now and then, a match against a slann, or an Halfling... and I lose more than I win, but I have some FUN

The two environment are strongly connected. If you do not solve the spamming of basher in the box, I won't stop picking in ranked, for sure... and I won't stop to intoxicate ranked environment, until basher do not stop to intoxicate the black box environment

The only way to stop this mutual intoxication should be to create a different environment, in witch a automated scheduler do not pick for you a race if you played vs it in your last 15 matches.
This won't be realized, thus there will be two intoxicated environment... because BOTH are intoxicated because interconnected

AND THIS IS ME
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's not the only way to have fun, it's the only way you're comfortable with. Leave the comfort zone, it can be a thrilling adventure of peril, loss, triumph and inexplicable luck.

I am a gambling addict, through and through and really, without risk of loss, there is no thrill in winning. You might as well sit in front of a skinner box and just collect your reward at your own interval if you aren't seeking challenges in a game that you've played for any considerable amount of time. Where else do you get to take on a big mean bully and put them in their place using your inherent finesse and wit?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Actually, there is no Elven team that is imune to Claw, and defenitly not to mb/po. I assume you are familiar with Trees Kam?

cry moar.

Jump to: