31 coaches online • Server time: 07:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Why is how other people have their fun my business? and what right do I have to stop them?

I will tell you why.

You are in charge of all Majors on FUMBBL, currently, yes, it is a position of power that can be taken away.

Majors are all about serious TV bloat, TV min/max, Pimping, grooming of a roster and making the best team YOU think you can make.

As the Comish of this in R/B you should be all for this type of team activity.

It is what makes majors special, fun and cool.

BUT

Majors are the tournaments of the open play Divs. The day to day ho hum matches are the ramp up to the big tournament.

Coaches who are under the illusion that day to day Blood Bowl should just be day to day matches are misquided. Every match is a prep for the tournament. YES, in open play the Majors, Minors and SMACKS. Brawls rule the day. The ho hum affairs of everyday are to prep for some kind of tournament.

@PC

let me remind you, Sir, that certain members of FUMBBL have allowed you to attain your position, allowed you to take summer vacations to the beaches of Lustria with your mistress, given you insight into the ups and downs of stocks, allowed you to buy that mansion in the hills of Atldorf with 0% interest due and had a understanding you would be a "toady" to the real powers behind the throne.

All this drivel flowing from the commoners is below you. You need to be in full support of Picking, TV bloat, MIN/MAX, balls to the walls pimping, because that is what the "powers" that be put you there to begin with!!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Picking, is sort of a tragedy of the commons issue in that an individual coach may say to himself "Picking is wrong, and I won't do it." And that coach will almost instantly place himself behind the curve. A willing cherry to be picked if you will. It doesn't really matter if its the elf player picking soft matches or the CLMBPO monster, or the guard-spammer... If you don't pick to some extent you'll be a doormat for everyone else that does. That's the basic problem with the rank system, it actually measures your skill at picking better than your skill at the game itself.

To "solve" picking you would have to put a timer on ranked teams, where you could only play 1 or 2 games with a team in a 12 hour period. But that would probably be too complicated and not what the majority of players would want.

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Roses are red,
Frenchmen are blue,
This thread will never end,
I know this, so do you.

Chorus - everyone sing it now!
I'm just here to throw poo
Like a monkey, in a zoo
Like a monkey, in a zoo
Poo! Poo! Poo! Poo!

Pickers will pick,
And Boxers will bash,
I prefer to chill out,
And get smashed.

Like a monkey, in a zoo
Like a monkey, in a zoo
Poo! Poo! Poo! Poo!

League is the place,
Where the true game is played,
Just have fun and giggles,
Or go out and get laid.

Like a monkey, in a zoo
Like a monkey, in a zoo
Poo! Poo! Poo! Poo!
Poo! Poo! Poo! Poo! (fade)

Last edited by pythrr on %b %01, %2015 - %03:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

CanvasBack wrote:
That's the basic problem with the rank system, it actually measures your skill at picking better than your skill at the game itself.

People deluding themselves on their ability is none of my concern.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

/flings poo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz wrote:
just been clicking around...do we really not have an 'Ignore' feature on this forum? o.O

am I just being really dumb and not looking in the right place?

What you do is try to remember the title of the thread that you wish to ignore. When you see that thread title don't click on the thread.

There are some sneaky characters who alter thread titles but they don't tend to do it that often. Twisted Evil

cdassak wrote:
koadah wrote:
Nerfs are not enough to stop Bill Twisted Evil

But gobbos are! Wink
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3634907

Oo, oo, gobbos FTW!
Oo, oo, gobbos FTW!

Though we do buff right stuff & fouling too. Smile

Still, gobbos as champs was pretty epic IMO.

The bad news is that Orcs are back!!!!! Mr. Green

Painstate wrote:
Nerfing is not banning. Nerfing is ineffective against a coach who does not care about the negative of the nerf.

That is why [L]eague wins. If the nerf is not enough you can apply a stronger nerf. If that is not enough you can apply a ban.

Gotta love it. Not being stuck with the same rules for all eternity.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Gotta love it. Not being stuck with the same rules for all eternity.

word
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If I had a monkey I would name it Pythrr!
Awesome rhymes
albinv

Post 16 Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. That may have been the worst posting i ever comitted, on a large list (probably).
Dont know what to say really. Of course the default forum language should be changed to german, but aside that im more or less clueless what to do with the whole mess.

Well, to begin with i admit i didnt read the whole thread or at least the whole posts PG posted, before i hacked in my ramblings. Normally i do that. Just the right post/ member to start committing such a stupid behaviour really. And even if i had been more thorough beforehand, i shouldnt have taken offense or taken it serious. Although i still think both divisions dont properly do anymore what they are supposed to do and think its bad and destructive fumbbl behaviour to disrespect one in favour for the other.

But really those ramblings were inappropriate (and awfully confusing to read i guess).

I will try to unravel some of the worst knots:

Kam wrote:
What? Laughing

I wasn't implying you would offer that kind of games if that's what this text is about. There was no hidden meaning behind my post. Wink

Er...i were just trying to give an example of how bad my english indeed is and how easily i produce misunderstandings without my notice. As a reply to your post which suggested i didnt even get PG's post correctly - which seems awfully true after all. That's all.
I wasnt taking offense or assuming a "hidden meaning" or anything(!). Rolling Eyes
Gosh - i really thought that single post was so simple put, it couldnt be misunderstood. I still think. Well, obviously im really wrong though.

Purplegoo wrote:
I both love threads like these and want to scratch my eyes out. You aren't disagreed with; you're elitist (forum bingo!) and incapable of making sense. Wink

If that was in reply to me (im not even sure at all!): i didnt get a single sentence/ meaning really!
Ive settled for 2 interpretations that are likely:

1. You mimic my twaddle in order to parody it and to show how awful it feels having to read through it all while trying to figure out what at all im rambling about.

2. Critizing i was referring to you as bb elitist who is incapable of making sense.

1. Well done. Execution in perfection really and only a true bb/ fumbbl elititist serves you right stuff like that in style!

2. Well yes, you are a BB elitist. Look at your ratings, look at all the titles and trophies you collected - look at all that mess! Probably i should have said top bb coach instead. I dont think you have a bad attitude or fail ( like so many top coaches on fumbbl do) to notice what bb/ fumbbl is like for an average idiot coach like myself. Much rather the opposite. The word elitist doesnt need to have a negative connotation (says it all i guess).
I really just thought it may have been the case here in this single incident - where it now turns out i didnt even got you right anyway and on top of it been also sloppy with reading the thread.

Im not very diplomatic (and it also has its value) and on top of it im german and you are english. Most of the time im really glad if i manage to somehow at least express my "main" idea in english. But what may seem like being only inexactly (but i still have to cope with somehow) before posting, often turns out to be severely misleading after posting!

@Koadah

Well. Explanation obsolete. Once again i fail at language and at communication. My apologize still. Though you probably still would always mistrust and disrespect me solidly, no matter the circumstance or what i would do or not. While not saying so or addmiting to yourself. We have our record, and while im an idiot and weirdo, i still often have a point after all was said and done.
Still, to me you are among the most respectable coaches here and so far i havent been seen talking bad about you, and i intend to keep it like that.
Probably we still should avoid us altogether in the future though, as commenting our posts. Keep it real mate, you know.

Well what an awful mess. I (hopefully) shall take this as another hint/ reminder and motivational help in my task to move away further from fumbbl (for the sake of all parties involved).

ps: I would choose to simply ignore or delete my ramblings/ fail posts here, so that the original topic wouldnt be disturbed furthermore. But there have been replys already. Some of them producing further mistakes. Also as said, parts about my original posts have been so inappropriate, i feel they needed an explanation or apologize.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, your English is very good, please don't worry and / or over analyse too much. Forum postings in any language are easy to misinterpret or take in a way that wasn't intended, so I tend to apply a filter just assuming things were meant in a positive way.

I hope I've got a good attitude, BB or otherwise! Enjoy, and don't worry yourself further, I doubt anyone has taken offence. Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:

@Koadah

Well. Explanation obsolete. Once again i fail at language and at communication. My apologize still. Though you probably still would always mistrust and disrespect me solidly, no matter the circumstance or what i would do or not. While not saying so or addmiting to yourself. We have our record, and while im an idiot and weirdo, i still often have a point after all was said and done.
Still, to me you are among the most respectable coaches here and so far i havent been seen talking bad about you, and i intend to keep it like that.
Probably we still should avoid us altogether in the future though, as commenting our posts. Keep it real mate, you know.

The thing here Albinv is that I really don't know what I said to offend you. I still don't know what it was that my league admins said to upset you.

Purplegoo's "assume the best" filter seems like a good idea. If someone really wants to wind you up they will ensure that you get the message eventually. Twisted Evil

As for ignoring posts, well that is OK to some extent. But would you really want to give a guy carte blanche to post utter nonsense without reply? Mr. Green
Sometimes I even disagree with Purplegoo. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Surely no one would be so foolish?! Wink
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
koadah wrote:

Surely no one would be so foolish?! Wink

I disagree!

EDIT: Also, if you want to "ignore" a topic, scroll up to the top of this page, and click on the little orange clock off in the upper right (it says "stop watching topic" if you mouse over it).

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

As for ignoring posts, well that is OK to some extent. But would you really want to give a guy carte blanche to post utter nonsense without reply? Mr. Green

Well that's kinda the thing...

There are only so many idiotic gibberish posts from a certain poster that I can read before I revert to type and start ruining the good vibes of this forum (and get myself banned or something) by flaming that poster.

I've been doing pretty well at trying to act my age and bite my tongue Wink

But it'd be a lot kinder to my blood pressure and overall rage levels if I didn't have to see those retarded posts.

I'm sure I can manage to just skip over them though. If the forum has functioned for 10++ years without an ignore function then there is no need to add one just because I am having trouble exercising self-restraint! Very Happy

Just mentioned it because I thought I might be looking in the wrong place for the button...

That's Trailer Park Life.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I got your ignore button...

I got your ignore button, RIGHT $#%$ING HERE!

says the guy who's always up for some old style flame warring
 Jump to: