52 coaches online • Server time: 19:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
blah blah blah i'm such a victim blah blah blah

you seem to have a shady martyr's complex memory of this incident...

you asked an administrator if it was ok to prep against fluff teams(ie: teams that you know you would steamroll), and you were advised not to do it...

then you did it anyways...and against the same coach in back to back matches...

and you got smacked for it, by the tournament staff..

[22:01] <Rat_Salat> Question about prep games
[22:02] <Rat_Salat> I've decided to play Redacted at least twice getting ready for ulthian
[22:02] <Rat_Salat> Because he's a ncie guy, and absolutely terrible
[22:02] <Rat_Salat> Is that pretty much how it's done? Just find the worst player you can and play a few?
[22:14] <Administrator name Redacted> I advise you do not do exactly that
[22:14] <Administrator name Redacted> that is very much against the spirit of Ranked
[22:14] <Administrator name Redacted> and in particular, may run afoul of the tournament rules

i'm not sure exactly how that(and your attitude about the situation, and the subsequent punishment) ends up equating to "it was an idiotic decision" but then again, given who said it, it makes perfect sense...

--j

ps..yes i'm fully aware that was several pages ago, but i'm sorry, this whole revisionist history thing is bullcrap...

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %02, %2015 - %01:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

While this makes perfect sense to me as a ruling (especially after being warned by admins), technically the rules are about 1 in 10 per coach, and not per team though, right? So if both coaches play 9 other games in between, two teams can legally have the same matchup back-to-back?

An example of why I ask, is that I play a lot of teams in [R], but whenever great_gobbo comes on gamefinder he always challenges my high elves. Looking at their match list makes it look terrible (4 of that team's last 12 games were against either Deff from Abuv or Der Green Tide), while in reality, there's about 6 pages of my matches between those games.
So I'm wondering whether this would be problematic? Suppose that high elf team happens to win something, could I get in trouble for having accepted the gobbo games they got offered, while playing my other teams much of the time?
If so, I'll just be sure to tell gobbo to challenge something else next time I see him, but it would be nice to know how this works. =)

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %02, %2015 - %01:%Apr; edited 3 times in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that would not break the 1 in 10 rule, correct. However, in this specific case, I think that point 3 of the Code of Conduct in the FUMBBL Site Rules, and point 6 of the Official Tournament Rules were what was being applied.

And of course, playing to the letter, but clearly against the spirit, of any rule is potentially going to get you in some trouble.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
I believe that would not break the 1 in 10 rule, correct. However, in this specific case, I think that point 3 of the Code of Conduct in the FUMBBL Site Rules, and point 5 of the Official Tournament Rules were what was being applied.

And of course, playing to the letter, but clearly against the spirit, of any rule is potentially going to get you in some trouble.

Yeah so my question isn't "how far can I deliberately push this?", it's more "this situation emerges out of the selection process of both other coaches and myself (as recently, one out of 3 times that high elf team happens to be the one out of my 79 teams that I play, it's because the_great_gobbo challenges it); when should I start worrying about this?"

Rat_Salat wrote:

Another interesting observation is the number of Chaos games played in R. It's amusing to watch players attempt to build a monster ranked Chaos team, losing games all the way to 1500TV, only to learn that they no longer get games when their team is actually effective. The 5th most popular team no less! Those silly bashers never seem to learn.

Nah man, finding games with chaos is easy
Seriously though, I guess that as soon as games become hard to find, the teams are progressed through SMACKs?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that seems much less like a clear violation to me, and I wouldn't worry overly about it unless that trend continues. But if it's something you're concerned enough about to have noticed it, it could be to somebody else too. And if they happen to be a tournament admin...

Personally, I'd probably make a little effort to use a different team against him, or cut down on the frequency.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading 16 pages of this thread left me dazed and confused.....

I suppose I am just here for the LoLs and beer

Pythrr thanks for the Rhyme it so lightens the load.

ps as a gridfilling ELF season completing Coach

I am a PICKER who has no end game plan.
 Jump to: