32 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The 4vs4 League is back. For real!!! Smile Create a 4 players team and join the league. Old teams are also invited! Starts in the beginning of March!!!

Inscription period for the new season of the 4vs4 League. Rules for the league must be read before submitting a team, as teams with more then 4 players will be refused without any reason!!!

There will be 2 leagues.
Rookies (less then 90tr) and Pro (90 to 120tr). If there are enough teams to make a 120+tr Elite league, we will make it. 90 tr teams are considered as pro.

Inscription period will end in few weeks from now (20/2/05).

Group Page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2120

IRC Channel : #4vs4

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

there must be about 45 4vs4 tournies what makes yours special?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

First, there aint 45 4vs4 tournies, unless some of them are private... so hard to get in.

Checking fast in the Groups List, I see that the active 4vs4 leagues are a german one and a australian one (that have 7x7 style too).

Other 4vs4 tournies seems dead. Freefraggers 4vs4IT and its childs (he created a lot of 4vs4 group that are only for information about the main one) havent seen a game in 2 months, same for Celas's league.

My league is open to any players from any timezone. Divisions will be worked out to prevent difficulties to play games. Its in english, main language of fumbbl.com. Linked to this league is my 4vs4IT (instant tournament) group, that will provide 4vs4 instant ko's (4 teams per KO) anytime im online (and more often when I'll have a commish team!). With the 4vs4IT, coaches will be able to experiement and try some tactics, plus will have the opportunity to train their teams.
And they can join the big league anytime they want.

Thats about what makes my league special.

Also, I wanted to bring back my old tournies, from wich other ppl got their inspiration to create their 4vs4 tournies. I dont know if im the founder of 4vs4 style, but I know no one argued the title form me back when I started my league and IT group. Most of the leagues youll find on fumbbl using 4vs4 playstyle are administrated by coaches that got in touch with the style by playing on of my 4vs4 tournies... So I would be surprised that anyone came in here to tell my I copied their idea and that I lamely created a league just like theirs.

Anyway, Its brand new, all teams submitted will be allowed (if they follow the rules) and the new season will begin soon.

Go see the group page for more information, and I also invite you ppl to check my 4vs4IT Rebirth group if you want to have small 4 teams KO's experience!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

We will have a little pre-season event next week starting on feb. 28. Will be round-robin, but might be as well a open-round-robin. Will see...

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mazzix wrote:
...havent seen a game in 2 months, same for Celas's league...

Just FYI, celas' MNF is more about the regular Monday Night part than the Fourball part. We took a break on V-day, but otherwise the past month has been spent playing a different format with the same group of guys.

Monday Night Fourball is active, however, and is going to be getting a "reset" (new teams for all, I believe) in two weeks, after the Bare Bones MNF playoffs.

</hijack>

Glad to see you're taking up the reins while that slacker Freefragger off playing with guns and stuff. Smile

Jump to: