36 coaches online • Server time: 10:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Kam wrote:

The fact the client uses BT without asking has screwed me several times, but I guess it isn't a big issue for most people - who else has an AG2 BT/Dodge Tree on FUMBBL? Very Happy

Just so. As I was on the testing team I saw the debate -and pushed for a popup myself. But the choice was made to make the client simpler. Reducing popups when they are *almost never* needed was deemed worth it to make a better game for most players. That a few of us would like the option to use bt occasionally would mean a LOT more popups for everyone else in the game, and that slows things down. I think it was the right call, even though I would prefer it the other way. More important IMO is dt, I have many times wished I could use dt even on a failed roll to move out of contact, but the same logic applies - and it's probably the right call to avoid the popup there too. It's only a few grumpy folks like myself who even notice. Wink

I'd love to have the option of maybe having a "Micromanager" set of pop ups and notifications that you can enable like CI32 talked about. I'd prefer to have as much control as possible on my end although I could see some people feeling like it's an uneven playing field if one doesn't enable more control automatically?

It'd be too much work to add it to the client but we can dream.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd file a feature request. Enough interest in one from the masses might push it high enough on Kalimar's list to work out. He has implemented league options that have been requested.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@ mrt1212: there's no way to know. It really depends on the available functions. If Kallimar has already implemented functions to check most of the stuff, it's doable - time consuming, for sure, but doable - if not, he probably has other priorities like the remaining decks.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

next step would be conditional settings.

for example:
ask only IF player also have dodge
 Jump to: