48 coaches online • Server time: 15:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyranids roll extra dice to move through difficult terrain, so might as well add sure feet. They're also just as strong as a human, but faster

So... Hormagaunt - 7337 claw, sprint, sure feet, leap, very long legs, no hands.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Tyranids roll extra dice to move through difficult terrain, so might as well add sure feet. They're also just as strong as a human, but faster

So... Hormagaunt - 7337 claw, sprint, sure feet, leap, very long legs, no hands.

Much better for Tyranids, I like the idea that onlya couple of tyranid players can handle the ball (Genestealers or warriors for example)

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, Hormagaunts probably don't have claw, as armour does stop their attacks. Maybe stab instead? More likely nothing. Then again Werewolves have Claw, so now I'm spinning in circles. lol

Hmm, this could make an interesting Stunty League style league of zaney teams.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point, stab and multiblock!
Genestealers should have claws anyway.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Genestealers you could do a complex 'nurgle's rot' system. IIRC the genestealer fluff is that a first generation is almost human, and then each generations becomes more stealer. So a first rot could be a human, and then becoming more stealer and then start the routine again.

Anyway there's scope for an interesting rule with them.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The problem is really Zakatan almost all the races in 40k are identical. all of them are just space marines, then there are Tau, Daemons, Ork, Eldar, Dark eldar, imperium, necrons and Tyranids.

So only really 9 races.

The way to make it interesting and work once custom rosters are possible would be to do with how they skill up, giving them different skill access to G S A P M. Instead give each player type access to specific skills on a chart this would then make this pretty interesting and make the many different space marines (blood angels, ultra marines, CSM etc.. etc..) unique,

so say a Space Marine is 6 4 4 9 this would be the basis from which they are all build.

Then an ultra marine would have access too - Block, Tackle, Leap, etc.....

while a CSM would have the same stat line but access to some additional mutations,

A blood Angel could have thick skull additionally, maybe access to chainsaws

dark angels could have access to bombs and HMP additionally.

and so on.....

Then tyanids could get things like regen, tentacles, claw,

You just need to write all the potential players down and then make a skill matrix.

Would be cool!

If done this way I'd be totally in for this league.
Great idea Garion.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's a custom league like Stunty, then it really wouldn't be an issue having crazy stats and starting skills. OP is okay if they're all OP Smile
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Genestealers should defo have some kind Nurgles Rot Esque ability to raise more Genestealers from killed players

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose Tyranid warriors would be Chaos Warriors that start with Leader and Av8.
Genestealers would be Werewolves without Regeneration, but ability to raise Hybrids (Av7 generic linemen).

How's this for Carnifex:
6629 Loner, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Claw, Juggernaut, Thick Skull, Regeneration, No Hands.

[EDIT] The whole Tyranid race could be quite interesting. Lots of No Hands, and maybe the first team that gets no re-rolls, but positionals that start with Leader.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

we will need to use these sound clips ingame! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WEFlQva30
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
[EDIT] The whole Tyranid race could be quite interesting. Lots of No Hands, and maybe the first team that gets no re-rolls, but positionals that start with Leader.

well, leader only adds 1...
perhaps 1 RR per Zoanthrope?
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you have 0-4 Tyrnaid Warriors, you could have 4 Leaders Chaos Warrior types on the field. I was thinking Zoanthrope, Hive Tyrant, and Lictors would be reserved for some very interesting Star Players, while the roster would be Gaunts, Tyranid Warriors, Genestealers, and a Carnifex.

The white paper would be along the lines of lots of no hands but good starting skills. No rerolls (or very expensive ones), but Leader at start. No Apothecary but a smattering of Mutation access, Regen and a super Big Guy.

{EDIT} The idea being that once you lose your synapse creatures (warriors) you start have more trouble controlling your roster (lack of rerolls).

[2nd Edit] Doh! Only 1 reroll for leader! Now I see what you mean. I'm a dummy.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm not sure of the fluff now, but you could separate Genes' from Tyras' into 2 separate teams. Genestealers do (or did) work independently after all.

In fact thinking more on it, there is 1 (or 2) very rare chaos players bases off of a genestealer/alien. I think there maybe a strong claim for adding a genestealer/alien team to regular custom bowl.

Maybe something like this:

*On start up you may purchase 0-16 genestealers.
*All players come with infect.
*Infected/raised players are humans.

*Stages of genestealer.

There are 6 stages between a human and a pure strain genestealer. Each stage is progressively stronger.

After each game you win any player you purchase is one stage on from the last game. However when you lose a game you go back to the start of the progression tree and can only purchase a standard human again.

Fluff(basic):

A ship has landed with a note attached. 'Can we sign up for the league please?' All that is on the ship are 11-16 large eggs. Suddenly somebody knocks a switch and humming noise starts and the eggs start to vibrate. One by one the split open and jet black warriors truly grotesque and horrifying rise in equally horrifying and outlandish armour.

Special Rule

Unfortunately there isn't a regular supply of genestealers on this planet. So new recruits must be infected. Thankfully Blood Bowl gives the perfect opportunity to infect new cultists.

The more successful the team is, the more the popular the cult and the better the strain of stealers. After each win any recruit is one stage on further on the line of a pure stealer, until the team wins 6 games without losing. After this and any win you recruit pure strain stealers.

However after any loss, the cult has been discovered and destroyed. Any player you purchase after this is a basic human, you are back to the start of the progression tree again. So.....don't lose.

I guess, you can save your cash and splash out when you reach the stage of the players you like.

Also I remember that there are Ork/Stealer mercs that are generally shunned by other Orks. There maybe a place for them somewhere too.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your progression idea. It would be a great roll play team.

Alternately, a generic Genestealer Cult roster would be interesting. It would basically be Human Linemen (3rd gen stealers), Faster Multi-arm positionals (2nd gen stealers), Werewolf style multi-arm players (Original stealers), a Magus Human Thrower, and a Genestealer Patriarch as a non-loner Big Guy.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

For those that are interested I have updated the background and rules for many of the teams I will be using on that 40kays league page.

Personally, I'll only be using a few 40k ideas as I dislike most of it, and it will be unified into the Blood Bowl world not, separate with super armoured bolter people. However it's there to use if you want it.
 Jump to: